The X Files Reboot

Remove this Banner Ad

So, was that the CSM at the end of that trailer?

Flashback perhaps? Because I thought he was blown away in that explosion from the final episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is all seasons are remastered and the early seasons reformatted (if that is the correct term) to 1.78:1 aspect ratio.

Yeah, I have an older release of all the seasons. 1 through 5 are in 4:3 aspect ratio. You can tell they didn't digitise back then either!

Still, I probably won't trade up unless it gets gifted to me.

20% off at JB.

Looks incredible as well.

Apparently the first few seasons weren't protected as well for 16:9 and there is a bit of cropping and also some zooming/upscaling for scenes with VFX (the first 4 seasons? were composed for 4:3).

I'm loving seeing X-Files back on FTA (Channel ONE on Saturday nights).

20% off at JB.

Looks incredible as well.

Apparently the first few seasons weren't protected as well for 16:9 and there is a bit of cropping and also some zooming/upscaling for scenes with VFX (the first 4 seasons? were composed for 4:3).

I'm loving seeing X-Files back on FTA (Channel ONE on Saturday nights).

Its the first time they have been for sale in 16:9 for the first 4 seasons, the DVD's were OAR. but i think i herd they went back to the film prints to re-master them, they have been on streaming services in 16:9 for a few years now and are said to look good but some prefer OAR. I picked it up today but it will take me ages to get around to watching them all, might start some tonight.

I think i saw they changed the font on something on the credits. Only the Australian and Japan sets have the 2 movies included, ours is just the double pack, they are packed in tight and has a little card sized like a case for the new mini-series but dont know if it looks slightly smaller then the standard Australian Blu-ray cases, if you keep that in the box or put the new season in there it will be hard not to damage the box because its just cardboard.

Imagine getting a new audience to watch Doctor Who is nearly impossible.

BECAUSE IT SUCKS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back