The X Files Reboot

Remove this Banner Ad

First two episodes are okay, nothing great. Admittedly I never watched even half let alone all the old episodes but wasn't Mulder a true believer by 2002? Found it a little convenient that he was now a cynic because he's in his 50s or whatever.

All these conspiracy nuts take the story back to ww2 and then stop. They accept everything up to that. But they have no theory on while all of a sudden the good guys become the bad guys. This unfortunate limitation is why they don't work it out better.

Poor Mulder is one of them very limited individuals. The old guy who says everything is far more complicated than you'd imagine, is right.

and yer, no one makes it on commercial TV without being a stooge...

TOOMS AND CIGARETTE SMOKING MAN!!!

Little moments like that geeked me out in what was a bit of a clunky return.

But I did enjoy seeing Mulder & Scully together again. Even if it seemed at times that Duchovny was more Hank Moody than Fox Mulder. Glad he gets a shave and suit for ep 2.

And is Scully on anti-depressants or something? That was a pretty low-key performance, Ms. Anderson. Even for Dana.

Of course Ten couldn't go five f@%king minutes without plugging I'm A Celebrity and a s**t spinoff or something.

Not sure if I'll be arsed watching the rest on Channel 10...

“I don’t think it is unreasonable to ask people to wait six days.

Astonishing, yet not the least bit surprising, a local network exec thinks this way...

lol at Lester trying to give Mulder a blowjob.

Wasnt a great 2nd episode, I can see why they moved it from episode 5 to 2 because of all the William stuff
Lol you literally meant a blow job! I thought it was a great episode. Very much what you would expect from the X files. I wasn't a fan of the first episode as it managed to seem dated as if it were filmed in the '90s.

All these conspiracy nuts take the story back to ww2 and then stop. They accept everything up to that. But they have no theory on while all of a sudden the good guys become the bad guys. This unfortunate limitation is why they don't work it out better.

Poor Mulder is one of them very limited individuals. The old guy who says everything is far more complicated than you'd imagine, is right.

and yer, no one makes it on commercial TV without being a stooge...

In Mulder's/The X-Files universe aliens are real though.

They had to fit a lot into that first episode to set up the season. I've read that it gets a lot better.
Hope so. Been hanging out for a decent sci-fi show for a good year to come on tv. Used to catch it most weeks in mid to late 1990's but honestly lost track of what happened in the show. Not seen it yet but recorded a few shows that were on channel 0 in last month and may check them out first before looking at recording of tonights show on Ten and the movie last night.

Never having gotten into X-Files in the past I watched this with no expectations and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

My expectations as someone that used to watch some of it back in the day is not to expect too much. My sense it was a good show for 1990's but my gut feel is two decades on it probably is out of it's depth to knock it out of the park now as a mini-series. Tv shows in general made better now than in past decades because they put more effort into overall story of show for long term than they did back in the day. Shows then tended to be made up as they went along. When I saw Fringe in recent years it seemed a show for more modern audience and have to admit it surpassed X-Files in terms of enjoyment overall for me at least. Still think I will likely enjoy this X-Files mini-series as suspect because it is made now it will be done a lot better and be produced like a modern tv show. Gillian Anderson is a wonderful actress though so this will help further increase the standard of show. If it is half as good as Dexter or Fringe I will be quite pleased.

I was a fan of the original stuff, but the show lost all that when it went into ufos. Which was when it started getting interest from vested interests as a result of ratings.

i think its funny the criticism of the tv dood making alot of money out of conspiracies. 911 made some people trillions of dollars.

So, the first episode?? It's the basis of the show.
dont get me wrong, but i remember all those creepy episodes, psychics, ghosts and mutants and scullies ****.

I was taken aback with how Mulder described the conspiracy, he helped alot of people confused, but knowing something is going on, understand s**t. The reference to assange was perfect. All mulder was doing was filling us in on what Kennedy got shot for.

But its still s**t compared to the 90's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon aliens (as in life elsewhere, in a near-infinite universe) almost certainly exist. It's 50-50 if aliens have been anywhere near Earth though. Probably the same possibility I give for god/s existing or not.

Excuse if this has already been addressed in this thread, but I want to avoid spoilers so I'm not reading this thread.

Is it essential to watch the original series before watching these episodes? I am currently watching the original series on DVD and just wondering if I should wait until finishing the originals before watching the new series.

littlegrahamxfiles.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back