Things your team does that infuriates you

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing games we should win. Hate Essendon as favourites to win. Either they win the game by less than a kick or lose the game.

At least we won't have to worry about being favourites much next year.

- Losing to Melbourne all the time. It took us to field a VFL side and a bunch of top ups in order to beat them.

- Kicking backwards and moving the ball slowly
:cry::cry:

- The lack of scoring :cry::cry:

- The fact that Matthew Lloyd was the last player to kick above 40 goals for us in a season. Other teams have 3 at times that kick above 50 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Losing games we should win. Hate Essendon as favourites to win. Either they win the game by less than a kick or lose the game.

At least we won't have to worry about being favourites much next year.

- Losing to Melbourne all the time. It took us to field a VFL side and a bunch of top ups in order to beat them.

- Kicking backwards and moving the ball slowly
:cry::cry:

- The lack of scoring :cry::cry:

- The fact that Matthew Lloyd was the last player to kick above 40 goals for us in a season. Other teams have 3 at times that kick above 50 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hopefully Worsfold fixes it all.

Bombing it into F50.

Still bombing it into F50.

Further bombing it into F50.

Bombing it to Buddy when he's clearly got like 2 defenders hanging off each of his 4 limbs.

Turning up to play a game of professional, senior AFL just in time for the Quarter Time siren.

Extending our Half Time break through to the start of the last quarter.

Taking most of the game to start homing in our kicking to not just the little sticks on the outside, but the big sticks on the inside.

Not trying to troll but having players like u have mentioned on your list imo serves no purpose. Why have a player on your list that "may be good backup."

Atm our board is fuming at the idea that we would
rookie Wright. Yes they come on the cheap but they will never actually help the team if they are already known to be just a depth player. It is much more beneficial to rookie a player with a chance of making it as a regular 22 even if it is a distant possibility rather than recruiting someone that will just be replaced when you get better players.

For example Rory Laird was picked as a rookie. I'd be pissed if we rookied Wright, someone we knew would never be a regular player, than take a chance on someone like Laird.
I'm not a Carlton follower. I was just trying to be realistic about the position that they have.

I hate that half my team flop around like fish on a pier whenever they get touched without the ball. It used to just be Lindsay but nowadays he appears to have infected the rest of the team, I wish they would show some ****ing campaigner!

Thread is team, not club, so I won't include things like picking Patrick McGinnity and not going after Harley Bennell...

We kick long to the pockets and goal line far too often. We end up with rushed behinds and difficult set shots for goal.

We also kick very poorly for goal in close games. Sure against GWS and GC we'll kick big, accurate scores but too often we kick 10.20 and similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking into the man on the mark - the number of times this happens at AFL level is staggering.

Players who go to ground easily for no good reason

Players who give away high tackle frees, in the back frees , dragging the ball in frees. The annoyance is worsened when they remonstrate as if they have been hard done by. No you are just a dumb arse!

Players that get a free kick and , without looking , quickly give it off to a team mate standing a meter away when opposition players are within a few meters themselves. Team mate under pressure gets a shithouse disposal and any advantage possibly gained by the free kick is immediately lost.

When the defence slowly pass the ball across the ground such there is no advantage. The only good switch is a fast switch goddamit.

The belief that is is possible for an AFL team to play like a basketball team on a ground over 150m long for 2 hours.

Flood the forwardline only to allow the opposition for an easy over the back goal.

Bombing it on top of Travis Cloke's head (and often when it's 1 v multiple)

As good a contested mark as trav is, it has to be put it out in front. When he plays from behind it feels like it invariably ends up with the opposition (reckon that's when he gives away most of his free kicks against), and leaping for the high ball isn't his forte

Cloke doesn't play from behind, he's usually sandwiched inbetween three defenders.

Doesn't happen as much anymore but in the past and I still notice teams doing it.

They have the ball about 55m out. They then kick the ball back 20m. Then they switch it across the ground. They then attempt to kick it to a player on that side of the ground roughly 55m out, often doesn't result in the team maintaining possesion.

Yes they may maintain possesion if it comes off. But they have just taken an unnecessary risk for no real gain. A lot of the time the team just ends up on the other side of the ground with exactly the same situation in front of them.

Where shalt I start o infuriating one?

- Bombing the ball inside 50s without an aim
- When they are inside 50, they keep passing to each other and no one steps up and goes for the goal. The play ends up in a turnover
- Unnecessary backward kicking.
- Choking when it is time to step up
- Overdoing a fail more than most teams in recent times (Losing 3 EFs in a row where they were favourites in two, not making finals for 11 years, not having won a final for 14 years now etc.). This is probably the most infuriating one. When it is time to stop and you think "Surely they won't fail again", they go ahead and do it.
- Losing to bottom-placed teams and thereby ruining their chance at top 4.
- Losing to the same teams continually and overdoing that (currently North and Geelong). Let's just say that every team (bar GWS) has beaten Geelong since 2006. Guess who did not? Probably goes under the "Overdoing a fail" heading.
- Passing the ball to a guy already under pressure. This is a point that probably most teams can put down.
- Starting off the season badly.
- The supporters breaking all sorts of membership and attendance record - yet the team does not match this performance on-field.

I think this team is a good team, which is what makes these things so infuriating as they are holding them back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back