This club is the best in the world, bar none you flogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its there for everyone to see, yet alot of people still have forgivness for this crap.

We have let the 2 best candidates slip through our fingers to coach the club, for gods sake they have gone to the Bulldogs and Tigers what the hell does it say for our rabble of a joint.
It is all getting more and more pathetic bye the day and we are fast becoming the most laughed at club in the modern era of football.

I know ill get alot of your always negative replys to this topic and alot of excuses because thats what alot of you always do MAKE BLOODY EXCUSES it is well past the time the supporters have to rip into the club and have some voice and let the club know that this situation the club has got ITSELF in is no longer goping to be tolerated.

Please guys get some balls about your self and stand up for what we deserves more than anything 'Success'.

cheers

Unless the club are playing funny buggers and we have some smokey up our sleeve (ie. Mathews, Daniher, Malthouse), then I will vote the current board out for their sheer incompetance. If Dip$hit Brereton appoints his bum buddy Gary Ayres to the job it will mark the end of the current administration at Hawthorn.

Unfortunately, I think you're right on the money.

Who gives a toss that we didn't get Wallace or Eade? Who are they? Listening to both of them and their reasons for signing with the clubs they have, I am thankful they aren't coaching the Hawks.

Everyone's carrying on as though the whole future of this club depended upon getting Wallace or Eade to coach us. What a load of rubbish. There's just as much talent out there as those two, and I am happy to see the Hawks taking their time in making their selection, not hastily signing coaches just so other clubs don't get them first ... like Richmond and the Bulldogs did.

Why are Wallace and Eade regarded as better candidates than someone like Gary Ayres? Their coaching records are very similar, except Wallace hasn't coached a team into a Grand Final ... and never will.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Who gives a toss that we didn't get Wallace or Eade? Who are they? Listening to both of them and their reasons for signing with the clubs they have, I am thankful they aren't coaching the Hawks.

Everyone's carrying on as though the whole future of this club depended upon getting Wallace or Eade to coach us. What a load of rubbish. There's just as much talent out there as those two, and I am happy to see the Hawks taking their time in making their selection, not hastily signing coaches just so other clubs don't get them first ... like Richmond and the Bulldogs did.

Why are Wallace and Eade regarded as better candidates than someone like Gary Ayres? Their coaching records are very similar, except Wallace hasn't coached a team into a Grand Final ... and never will.
Fact adelaide Hawk : Eade and Wallace were by far the best two candidates out there.

Fact: Hawthorn pursued both of them but were beaten to the punch.

Fact: In both of Ayres appointments he inherited lists that were top 4 material when he walked in there , rabble when he left .

Fact : Wallace walked into a team that were consistently a basket case only to have them , from nothing , a NTTAWWTteenth away from a grand final within two years , all this with only being able to use 90% of the salary cap

Fact : Richmond spent 5 weeks researching and interviewing candidates , and eventually appointing Wallace .Hardly a hasty decision.

Soon to be fact : Dermott is going to ruin your footy club , and i`m not just being a smart- a..e

i suggest it would be wise for the club to try and diffuse dermies ego it is too huge and he is insecure in that he always is patronizing in his comments...ok we talked the walk as a a player and i cannot deny that but when is he going to back away and let the club stand or come out and say he wants to coach?
come clean dermie or flip of and let this once great club up and running

the future is wallace

tige19 said:
Its there for everyone to see, yet alot of people still have forgivness for this crap.

What crap do you speak.. err speak of?.. On second thoughts I think I was right first time...

We have let the 2 best candidates slip through our fingers to coach the club, for gods sake they have gone to the Bulldogs and Tigers what the hell does it say for our rabble of a joint.

That we were'nt prepared (as Eade wasn't either it seems) to play Wallace's game. (I.e one club against the other to bump up his price) and offer terms that he wanted. That Eade was prepared to take (as is his right) the first option presented. Nothing we can do about that if we're going through a more meticulous review. Them's the breaks.

Neither is clearly the 'best' candidates out there. On record that happens to be Ayres. Your perception (mine too for that matter and it seems a few others) is that he isn't what we'd take given choice.

Well, with four coaches on the market and other clubs falling over themselves to 'snap up' one in a hurry (seeming hurry anyway) it was a dream time for them (coaches). How often have three coaches for following seasons been appointed before the end of the current season? Not ever I'd hazzard to guess.

The situation isn't ideal but I would still prefer to canvass and take the time to TOTALLY review every candidate available.

If that means missing Wallace (YAY) or Eade (hmm probably wouldn't have minded but wasn't totally swayed either yay or nay) then so be it.

It is all getting more and more pathetic bye the day and we are fast becoming the most laughed at club in the modern era of football.

What modern era? This season? The past three? Five? Ten? Twenty?

We are no more or less successful over an era than up to a half dozen clubs.

It's a bad period nobody is denying that. The loss of a coach whatever the credentials IS NOT going to change what must change for the club to improve.

That is to address problems that confront the club. Or is only Eade and/or Wallace capable of that? If so we may as well close up shop (Hi Shane) right now and be done with it.

Thomas was laughed at when appointed to a degree I've rarely seen, who's laughing now?

I know ill get alot of your always negative replys to this topic and alot of excuses because thats what alot of you always do MAKE BLOODY EXCUSES it is well past the time the supporters have to rip into the club and have some voice and let the club know that this situation the club has got ITSELF in is no longer goping to be tolerated.

AGM is in December, let loose there if you feel like it (you are a member btw and that isn't a shot I truly don't know but presume you are). I think quite a few of us will be willing to let feelings known then as well.

Please guys get some balls about your self and stand up for what we deserves more than anything 'Success'.

Nobody deserves respect. It's earnt. Cliched but true.

We need to earn our respect back and of that I believe that while it's going to take some time it will happen.

We wont need Wallace or Eade to get it either.

=======================================================

IDGAF said:
Fact adelaide Hawk : Eade and Wallace were by far the best two candidates out there.

Fact: Says you and the media and the general public. Fact is wrong.

Fact is Ayres has had more finals success than either of them, better win/loss ratio and that makes him on record the best candidate out there, still.

Still don't want him and for reasons I've outlined previously numerous times didn't want Wallace and thought Eade would be okay but still with reservations.

Fact: A coach will be found. Be it short term appointment if rumours are to be believed (Pagan and/or Matthews down the track in a season or two) or longer.

Fact: There's more failed coaches than successful ones. You have one now (again) we may or may not appoint one soon. Or we may go the untried route.

Fact: All Premiership coaches were untried once.

Fact: The only certainty of the future is that nothing is certain.

Fact: Wallace and Eade were never formally offered the coaching job.

Fact: Both the Tigers and Dogs went after ONE candidate and made quick appointments to their vacancies.

Fact: If no offer was made other than routine inquiries into potential availability and subsequent apppointment are made, then you move on.

Fact: More cliche actually, there's more than one fish in the ocean... more than two even.

Fact: In both of Ayres appointments he inherited lists that were top 4 material when he walked in there , rabble when he left .

Fact: Ayres isn't the HFC coach yet.

Fact: Wallace inheirted a list that he achieved virtually identical results in his five years with as the preivous two coaches did in their five years.

Fact: Wallace left the club he was at with a list that is a rabble.

Fact : Wallace walked into a team that were consistently a basket case only to have them , from nothing , a NTTAWWTteenth away from a grand final within two years , all this with only being able to use 90% of the salary cap

Fact: Wallace didn't walk into a team that was consistently a basket case if you look to the previous fact listed above.

Fact: Pagan achieved Premiership success with identical (perhaps worse) facilities.

Fact: You're wrong a lot.

Fact : Richmond spent 5 weeks researching and interviewing candidates , and eventually appointing Wallace .Hardly a hasty decision.

Fact: *or fiction but I dont recall seeing anything else* Wallace was Millers only choice to which he admitted with his e-mail outlining his worry that the HFC was going to be the club to which Wallace would sign.

Fact: Five weeks with one candidate and only one candidate in mind is probably selling yourself short of all viable options.

Fact: If your happy with him I'm glad, I'm happy (and go back over previous posts of mine if you need confirmation) nay ecstatic that he isn't and wont ever be at my club.

Soon to be fact : Dermott is going to ruin your footy club , and i`m not just being a smart- a..e

Fact: Yea, you are being a smart arse and it's getting tiring.

Fact: There's an AGM in December coming for us.

IF those that really care about the HFC want to make a difference then that meeting should be well attended. Then we can make our thoughts and feelings known on Dermott, Dicker, the coach, playing list etc that many here do have concerns over.

Fact: Your lot is still in the exact same position as mine in that we're stone motherless useless in 04 and have been for quite some time.

Fact: Get back to me in five years and lets compare how things shape then cause right now, neither of us knows what's going to happen.

With all due respect hawk fans, whilst I think Jason Dunstall is a good operator and good for the club, Dermie on the other hand seems to think coaches will come bashing down the door to coach them. This guy is the modern John Elliot. Look what happened to carlton because of this dictator. Dermie is showing similar traits.

Demie = bad for hawthorn.

get off Dermott's back, the whole committee has agreed on a process so don't lay blame at one man's feet (why have 5 or 6 on these committees in the first place ?)....granted he's not the most intellegent of men but the only reason people are getting into Dermott and not the rest of them is that he is the public face and voice due to his media positions

i hope they appoint harvey for 2 years - great time to take a chance on a new coach when coming from a spoon and into rebuilding....as was stated before all great coaches were once inexperienced and someone had to take a chance on them.

itsintheblood said:
With all due respect hawk fans, whilst I think Jason Dunstall is a good operator and good for the club, Dermie on the other hand seems to think coaches will come bashing down the door to coach them. This guy is the modern John Elliot. Look what happened to carlton because of this dictator. Dermie is showing similar traits.

Demie = bad for hawthorn.

For what it's worth - this is probably the most accurate comment on the subject...er hello Dermie and co. , it's 2004 ! - arrogance and confidence only works if it has some current relevance... you better pray you dont get AYRES

Fair dinkum Grendel , that post was amazing ! Kudos

I`ve got a mate who posts on here and i refer to him as captain cliche but i tell you what , if he is captain cliche , you are the ruler of the universe.

So in short , you see Hawthorn getting a coach for 1-2 years and then nabbing Matthews or Pagan . Richmond is stupid and narrow minded for only having one coach in mind ( even though they spoke to Pagan , Lyon ,Eade as well as Wallace ) and the hawks "chose" not to make formal offers to Eade and Wallace ( or was that "never given the chance" ) and Dermie is travelling well

Mate , I reckon if you haven`t got a gig at Hallmark writing thier new line of cards , there is job for you with George Bush spin doctoring his election campaign because the way you paint things , i reckon you are a chance to get him a second term.

IDGAF said:

I`ve got a mate who posts on here and i refer to him as captain cliche but i tell you what , if he is captain cliche , you are the ruler of the universe.

Whipe that brown stuff of your nose mate its getting quite irratating :rolleyes:

IDGAF said:

Gee.. going by this sort of cliched reply above I wont be ruling to long will I?...

So in short , you see Hawthorn getting a coach for 1-2 years and then nabbing Matthews or Pagan . Richmond is stupid and narrow minded for only having one coach in mind ( even though they spoke to Pagan , Lyon ,Eade as well as Wallace ) and the hawks "chose" not to make formal offers to Eade and Wallace ( or was that "never given the chance" ) and Dermie is travelling well

One. I've said there's a possiblity that we may explore that option of a Matthews/Pagan etc, what actually happens is speculation and guess work.

Two. Richmond went about their selection process (one candidate) their way. If you wish to call them narrow-minded and stupid (because I certainly didn't) it says more underlying about you than it does anything else.

Three. I've no admiration for Brereton and would like him out however I do believe that there wasn't and isn't any rush to appoint a coach because imo there isn't ANY stand-out candiates on the market. Not Wallace, not Eade, not Ayres. Solid coaches but NONE that I personally view as 'must-gets' before somebody else.

Mate , I reckon if you haven`t got a gig at Hallmark writing thier new line of cards , there is job for you with George Bush spin doctoring his election campaign because the way you paint things , i reckon you are a chance to get him a second term.

Perhaps I'd be better off at Richmond and adding to the spin there that's been going on for nigh on a quarter of a century?

Whoops.. might just claim that cliche crown back off you yet.

Grendel said:
Gee.. going by this sort of cliched reply above I wont be ruling to long will I?...

One. I've said there's a possiblity that we may explore that option of a Matthews/Pagan etc, what actually happens is speculation and guess work.

Two. Richmond went about their selection process (one candidate) their way. If you wish to call them narrow-minded and stupid (because I certainly didn't) it says more underlying about you than it does anything else.

Three. I've no admiration for Brereton and would like him out however I do believe that there wasn't and isn't any rush to appoint a coach because imo there isn't ANY stand-out candiates on the market. Not Wallace, not Eade, not Ayres. Solid coaches but NONE that I personally view as 'must-gets' before somebody else.

Perhaps I'd be better off at Richmond and adding to the spin there that's been going on for nigh on a quarter of a century?

Whoops.. might just claim that cliche crown back off you yet.
Lot`s of rhetoric Grendel , very little substance.

Still you go with this business that richmond only pursued one bloke

FACT: for three weeks they felt out and interviewed four candidates after which they identified Wallace as the best candidate , then spent the next 2 weeks working out deals and making offers

Get over it

And finally , Where are the cliches in my post ???? Happy for you list them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IDGAF said:
Lot`s of rhetoric Grendel , very little substance.

"Your talking alot but your not saying anything" *cliche one*

Still you go with this business that richmond only pursued one bloke

Cause they did probably, or was Miller's statement of we only we're ever after (read I *Miller* was only ever after) Wallace the lie?

FACT: for three weeks they felt out and interviewed four candidates after which they identified Wallace as the best candidate , then spent the next 2 weeks working out deals and making offers

Name the other four. Oh and when did it drop from five *see your original post* weeks of canvassing candidates, to three?...

Get over it

Your on OUR board telling US to get over what YOU wont let go?

"Get over it" yourself.

You got who you wanted (you did want him? You actually haven't made that statement yea or nay) didn't you? You seem to refuse to accept that there are many here (me for one) who LOVE the fact he's not our coach, wont be our coach and is in fact YOUR coach.

Your happy, we're happy so indeed try taking your own advice and.. get over it.

btw that *cliche two*.

And finally , Where are the cliches in my post ???? Happy for you list them

Your replies are nothing other than looking to stir in here. EVERYTHING you post is cliched *we won Wallace* *Hawthorns a rabble* *Richmond wont be a rabble now we have Wallace* etc etc etc.

As said, go away and come back in five years, then and only then will either of us truly know which club's made the correct decision.

Grendel said:
You got who you wanted (you did want him? You actually haven't made that statement yea or nay) didn't you? You seem to refuse to accept that there are many here (me for one) who LOVE the fact he's not our coach, wont be our coach and is in fact YOUR coach.

Your happy, we're happy so indeed try taking your own advice and.. get over it.
It appears that IDGAF is so concerned about the appointment of Wallace to Richmond that he NEEDS to justify it by getting a response from Hawthorn fans.

We'll here's another response, to back up Grendel's (which I have quoted for repetition as it sinks in better that way), to help you feel better.

THANK YOU FOR HIRING WALLACE AND KEEPING HIM AWAY FROM HAWTHORN.

IDGAF said:

Jeez, the other three must have been real tossers for Wallace to beat them.

Just to prove you may know what you're talking about, and I seriously doubt that, how about naming those three people interviewd by Richmond. Come on, give us a laugh.

And before you start making up names, I know that Richmond never interviewed Ayres or Eade.

cli·ché

1. A trite or overused expression or idea:

2. A person or character whose behavior is predictable or superficial:

You fall into both categories here according to yourdictionary.com.

Continual referal to same subject seems to be accepted as becoming --.

clichéd

Without freshness or appeal because of overuse:
banal, bromidic, commonplace, corny, hackneyed, musty, overused, overworked, platitudinal, platitudinous, shopworn, stale, stereotyped, stereotypic, stereotypical, threadbare, timeworn, tired, trite, warmed-over, well-worn, worn-out.

Maybe I'm doing year eight English but I'd still like to know how five becomes three (or vice-versa) in the space of a few replies.

Fact: Your last post equates to "I want to play using my rules and if I can't I'm taking my bat and ball and going home".

That's about year 2 level (your math level maybe?).

Again take your own advice "get over it".

FACT!!!!

Oooooooh, you were soooooooooo wrong :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back