Thoughts on this bet??

Remove this Banner Ad

njac3

Debutant
Oct 4, 2006
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have a $1000 bet with my mate that over the next five years (starting from next year) that Trav Cloke is going to be better than Franklin.

The bet considers all objective factors, goals brownlow votes etc.

Both 3rd year players and key position goal kickers.

How am i looking? i know its ambitious and Franklin is a gun, but with there forward line talent - Ruffhead, thorpe, williams, Boil etc. i think he may loose some of his spot lite, like to know what people think?:thumbsu:

I really hope your friend gave you 4 to 1. Statistically Cloke will never be close to Franklin. He will probably give better contests, could well be a better leader etc...but I would buy out for $500 if I was you, or pop one in Franklin's kneecap

LOL
frankin is the most over rated forward in the AFL Atm

cloke can take better pack marks.
not 1 on 1 i mean full pack marks
strong tackler especially for his age.
only thing franklin is better at is accuracy at goal
if cloke gets accurate he will carve him up in the next 5 years.
Better 1%er player.

With a lazy k on the line I would be carefully defining the parameters of this bet. It obviously only includes the H & A games and not the finals, because if one team goes out early the other is dead meat as far as golas etc goes. Also what about a dreaded injury/suspension are all bets then 'off'? Remember you have Rocca, Dawes, Reid, Rusling even Egan possibly getting more of the footy and Bucks as an outside chance to re enter the fwd line so next year may be a write off. Cloke had betta start kicking straight. Good luck, let us know what happens.

Cloke is, and will be, a gun. But i dare say so is, will be, Franklin! He has more X-factor than Cloke. 5 years is ok though. $200 par annum is easily savable if required. ;)

Mate thats just stupid. Even if they are roughly equal in status come 5 years, it will depend on injuries - whoever plays the most games will win. You are really betting on who will get injured/miss the most games each.

Whats the problem? Cloke will be a more usful player than franklin. I would rather have cloke at the eagles than franklin. Better lead up, bigger engine, better mark. Harder and More important position ( chf ) than full forward, and cloke does it well.

If he gets more votes than cloke ( he might ) just show him the stats on possesions, and Cloke will win :p

Depends on the criteria - cloke will be a star but franklins mobility for his size means he is untapped potential. How did the tiges pick tambling again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the criteria - cloke will be a star but franklins mobility for his size means he is untapped potential. How did the tiges pick tambling again?

Its what happens when you are the Tigers, gladly, we are not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back