Time for a cleanout at north starting with brad scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Can tell you're frustrated.

It's not fun times when coaches get exposed.

Good thing for you is there is time to realise it, but JB appears his biggest fan. Calls him a beauty.

Has he lost the players?

Wouldn't take much to tweak it a bit, talent is there, attitude even...just hidden amongst confusion at the moment.
But you are spot on with Brayshaw. Brad would have to kick the cleaning lady to be even questioned by him. JB's not capable of that.

Onfield, playing Gibson has killed the season. Has been rubbish all year apart from a half against essendon. Pure longterm liability. Horrible.

Thomas and Scott in combination is destroying the club and culture.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Carlton slipped Brad a bag to make them mediocre.

I asked this on the North board -

A serious question for long time fans - Has Brad Scott's push to stop relying on the "Shinboner Spirit" done more harm than good?

When he first took over he made a point to take it out of the vernacular and out of North's culture. He said that it held the club back from being elite and that North would always be stuck as the underdog, blue collar etc while the rest of the comp evolved.

Im not going to make a call on Scott as a coach, but when it comes to the culture of the club it feels like North need to take a half step back before you can take two steps forward.

Guys like Ziebell, Goldy, Cunnington, Swallow, Brown, Turner, Thompson, Dumont etc would all get on board and lead the charge I rekon.

Interested in your thoughts.
The current crop of most teams probably wouldn't respond to the 'shinboner spirit' type thing anyway.
Now they have a 'trademark' which outlines key indicators of a successful team. It's all about being able to measure elements of a performance. What does shinboner spirit mean? How do you measure it? If it's always there, why has it skipped decades? There in the 70's, gone in the 80's, back in the 90's, gone in the 2000's.
It wouldn't have hurt for it to be still thrown around but it I also don't think it has hurt them now that Scott has binned it.

Wow... You have no idea do you?

Buckley is a better coach than at least half of the head coaches coaching now including Brad Scott.

Classless comment. But what can you expect from a classless middle of the road team's supporters?
Still to be proven, started with a pretty good list and took them backwards to set them up how he wanted, but he appears to be back on track again.
He will get plenty of time to prove himself as he is part of Eddies masterplan but he needs to make the finals this year or the media heat will have to be on him as well next year.

Still to be proven, started with a pretty good list and took them backwards to set them up how he wanted, but he appears to be back on track again.
He will get plenty of time to prove himself as he is part of Eddies masterplan but he needs to make the finals this year or the media heat will have to be on him as well next year.
I don't think anybody with half a brain expects that the Pies need to make finals for Bucks to be safe. He has got a very inexperienced side tracking pretty much exactly as you would like and anywhere above 11th would be seen as a pretty amazing effort. Most Pies supporters acknowledge that we will be hot and cold this year and yesterdays game was a testament to that. It's exactly what inexperienced sides do but the fact that Bucks has them consistently getting high contested ball numbers is being seen as absolutely the right way to go and not easy to do with sides at this stage of development.

I think North rebuild when the two expansion clubs or at least one, were signing up the best 17 year olds. The players they have are good foot soldiers, but there is not a lot of star quality.

I would do a Collingwood and get some draft picks for players that still have some value and do a mini rebuild. Get some elite midfielders in there, imagine an Olly Wines or a Brayshaw or Billings in there.

Also I don't like the way the coach carries on - he comes across as a weak character. Yeah it was an atrocious loss yesterday but blaming the players and abusing them publicly, how about his role in the loss.

I think North rebuild when the two expansion clubs or at least one, were signing up the best 17 year olds. The players they have are good foot soldiers, but there is not a lot of star quality.

I would do a Collingwood and get some draft picks for players that still have some value and do a mini rebuild. Get some elite midfielders in there, imagine an Olly Wines or a Brayshaw or Billings in there.

Also I don't like the way the coach carries on - he comes across as a weak character. Yeah it was an atrocious loss yesterday but blaming the players and abusing them publicly, how about his role in the loss.
Hit the nail on the head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you are spot on with Brayshaw. Brad would have to kick the cleaning lady to be even questioned by him. JB's not capable of that.

Onfield, playing Gibson has killed the season. Has been rubbish all year apart from a half against essendon. Pure longterm liability. Horrible.

Thomas and Scott in combination is destroying the club and culture.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Carlton slipped Brad a bag to make them mediocre.

Bit harsh on Lindsay, James Brayshaw & Brad Scott are killing North Melbourne, no one else, this club is almost unrecognisable as the club I grew up loving.

The next coach at North is going to inherit the following list:

Ziebell
Goldstein
Cunnington
Swallow
Atley
Brown
Hansen
Dumont
Thomas
Higgins

Not a bad core. Just need a quality coach. Woosha or John Blakey

Geez you've taken this loss hard, hope your doing better today, as for me I might go watch the replay.
He is a 'North Supporter', who doesn't post anything but hatred of North. That should tell you all you need to know.

Win or lose, he posts the same s**t every time there is a 'Where are North at?'

Just watched a replay of the game. North wilted like spinach on a warm pan. Brad Scott's expressions were priceless though.

Too many players on that list that skate by on playing the odd good game.

Petrie is top of that list. When he is on, great, mostly tho he is mediocre to poor.
THEN THEY RECRUIT WAITE. OMG
Waite is the King of playing just well enough, often enough. That kick yesterday was close to the worst i have ever seen at AFL level. He missed by 30m from 5m. FFS.

The mids are one dimensional. All grunters.
Goldstein must be livid. Plays like a colossus every week but many around him make a flake seem a solid structure

North are in the second tier of teams along with Collingwood, West Coast , Richmond, Port Adelaide. They'll play September but like Collingwood don't have fire power to compete against the big boys like Freo, Swans and Hawthorn

Bit of an over reaction don't you think? You can't blame the coach for s**t kicking. In the end, that's what cost North the game.

The next coach at North is going to inherit the following list:

Ziebell
Goldstein
Cunnington
Swallow
Atley
Brown
Hansen
Dumont
Thomas
Higgins

Not a bad core. Just need a quality coach. Woosha or John Blakey
Goldstien the only top shelf player there, Need a a couple of gun midfielders and a gun forward if that list is going to do anything. Need to go after Dangerfield hard and perhaps less likely Hawkins as well.

He is a 'North Supporter', who doesn't post anything but hatred of North. That should tell you all you need to know.

Win or lose, he posts the same s**t every time there is a 'Where are North at?'
It's a wonder why the clowns about take so long to see what's staring them in the face year after year.

Such basic flaws in the way Scott and the club go about it, yet the bigfooty crew are usually blind to it until it gets absurd or thumped in a final.

North is set with such wise observers as yourself and Gibson, Jacobs, McMillan, Thomas. Why don't they think of the children and just give them the flag?

Bit of an over reaction don't you think? You can't blame the coach for s**t kicking. In the end, that's what cost North the game.
Is that feeling you get when excellent footballers like McDonald, Atley, Cunnington, Wood, Turner begin to play like complete duds.

Development beyond terrible. Aligning with selection of pure spuds like Gibson, Mcmillian, Jacobs.

Simple errors like not dropping Gibson were a key factor in Norths disgrace.

Wood could've easily been set on Gibsons path after Sam was putrid throughout the pre season. He's the softest dud to play at North in a while. At least Sam Power went occasionally.
Scott is way out of his depth. He's the best in front of a camera but hides a hollow gameplan and stubborn stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back