Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell I would always go one of two ways:
A) just go up and say hi, how's your night been? And hope that they are open to striking up a conversation.
B) say something absolutely ridiculous like "that's the best damn hat I've ever seen" and hope that they're playful.

Had about equal success rate depending on the fella. Just go with what feels natural. The worst they can do is say they're not interested...so go chat to someone else :)

or how about C) ask them to play a game of pool (the place has a pool table). and the whole focus won't be on conversation either that way.

I don't know what it's like to date someone short. I hover between 5'11 and 6'0 and my partner is 5'9- makes it awkward if she wears decent heels!

Previous girlfriends (a relationship of at least a tangible length) have been 5'7, 5'6 and 5'8. Definitely not a conscious choice on my behalf, just the way it's turned out.

How do you guys feel about being approached by a woman then? I never had any issue (when I was single) approaching a guy at a bar for example but some male friends told me that is off-putting.
So if the guys aren't approaching and the women aren't approaching...
In my many decades of singledom, I think I can safely say it has never happened. But I am the male equivalent of the infamous Sooz.

Depending on what the girl said to me, I might be even be aware she's hitting on me. I don't expect girls to make the first move. Like sometimes girls in clubs come up and say "wow you're tall" and stand there as if it's my duty to spearhead the conversation

Conversation is not the only thing she wants you to spearhead

Conversation is not the only thing she wants you to spearhead
0s8FT.gif

I don't know what it's like to date someone short. I hover between 5'11 and 6'0 and my partner is 5'9- makes it awkward if she wears decent heels!

Previous girlfriends (a relationship of at least a tangible length) have been 5'7, 5'6 and 5'8. Definitely not a conscious choice on my behalf, just the way it's turned out.

I'm kind of the opposite. I'm 6'4", and I've legit never dated a girl taller than 5'7". Not a conscious choice on my part either, just the way it's turned out. Don't really seem to come across too many attractive tall girls.

Last edited:
I'm kind of the opposite. I'm 6'4", and I've legit never dated a girl taller than 5'7". Not a conscious choice on my part either, just the way it's turned out. Don't really seem to come across too many attractive tall girls.
The taller you are the more masculine you look i.e. not a good look for females. To be over 5'9" they have to make up for the lack of femininity in their height such as being very slim or petite.
Then again too short and they become a walking bj

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The taller you are the more masculine you look i.e. not a good look for females. To be over 5'9" they have to make up for the lack of femininity in their height such as being very slim or petite.
Then again too short and they become a walking bj

It does seem pretty rare to see a normally proportioned taller woman in everyday life, like with "normal" shape to their body, just taller, and who still lok womanly. Most seem like awkward praying mantis, or vaguely resemble elephants.

It does seem pretty rare to see a normally proportioned taller woman in everyday life, like with "normal" shape to their body, just taller, and who still lok womanly. Most seem like awkward praying mantis, or vaguely resemble elephants.
In clubs, the tall ones all seem to be the whales their more attractive friend brings along to make themselves look better. Skinny tall girls can be ok but there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. They are either fat or skinny. I'm tall but not a fan of tall girls. I seem to be attracted to those between 5'4" to 5'9" the most.
If you're a tall girl, it really limits your dating pool. It's just wrong for a guy to be shorter than his girl. Looks awkward af. My sister is around 5'10 or 5'11" and she's never had a problem getting a boyfriend but I think they have all been taller than her. Her current one she's been with for 4 years would be 6'1" or 6'2".
She had one boyfriend who she said was 6'10". He was tall but not that tall I reckon. I would have said 6'6"-6'8"

How do you guys feel about being approached by a woman then? I never had any issue (when I was single) approaching a guy at a bar for example but some male friends told me that is off-putting.
So if the guys aren't approaching and the women aren't approaching...
When I was at the footy last weekend (extremely hungover I must add), I was in the line getting food and realised I had no cash when I got up to paying, and they didn't take card. Anyway, an extremely hot girl behind me said 'don't worry, I'll pay for you!'. I offered to go to the ATM and pay her back but she simply said 'it's my good deed for the day, don't worry!'. I think she had a boyfriend with her (this was more of an assumption though as she waited for someone outside the food place), but I'm a bit pissed I didn't try some sort of cheesy pickup line.

I guess it was a combination of 'wtf has just happened, girls that hot and I don't know never come up to me like that!', and getting home very late the night before after the cricket, but I really hope it wasn't a chance missed and she was just being an extremely friendly stranger.

When I was at the footy last weekend (extremely hungover I must add), I was in the line getting food and realised I had no cash when I got up to paying, and they didn't take card. Anyway, an extremely hot girl behind me said 'don't worry, I'll pay for you!'. I offered to go to the ATM and pay her back but she simply said 'it's my good deed for the day, don't worry!'. I think she had a boyfriend with her (this was more of an assumption though as she waited for someone outside the food place), but I'm a bit pissed I didn't try some sort of cheesy pickup line.

I guess it was a combination of 'wtf has just happened, girls that hot and I don't know never come up to me like that!', and getting home very late the night before after the cricket, but I really hope it wasn't a chance missed and she was just being an extremely friendly stranger.
"Instead of making a withdrawal at the ATM, how about we go back to yours and I make a deposit in you h3h3"

I'm 6'3 and my only serious relationships have been with two short girls. Makes certain acts...annoying, but think i'd prefer a good arm rest over someone my height or close to it. Picked up one girl a month or two ago in a club, she was wearing heals so was almost the same height as me. I don't remember much but i remember exclaiming to her that she was tall, not realizing that she was wearing huge heals. Get back to her place and she has us stand back to back to be sure! My deb partner, who was about 5' 5 or so (not the sharpest tool in the shed), ages after being organised to do it together she asks me one lunch time to stand up to make sure i'm taller.

There were a few shaky moments in my youth, where i was at least amongst the shortest 5 people in year 7 (out of a cohort of 200), but decided to finally reach puberty at about year 9...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back