Competitions Todd Goldstein Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Fyfe won't be polling tonight. Goldy gaining more ground! Keep going big fella

Heard a talk back topic being put forward today - Is Todd Goldstein the best ruckman in the game today?

Are these guys kidding?

769d5ad7bfe47e45262e1fe5a8401eed_xlarge.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have watched the Brownlow count every year since probably 1987 and always had a faint hope that a North player would somehow get up and win the medal (Longmire in 1990, Carey or Schwass through the 90's, Boomer in the 2000's). But I always end the night feeling let down as there is NEVER a North player in the hunt at the end of the night.

I will watch this year thinking Goldy will get no more than 5 votes and hopefully the night ends with a pleasant surprise.

I have watched the Brownlow count every year since probably 1987 and always had a faint hope that a North player would somehow get up and win the medal (Longmire in 1990, Carey or Schwass through the 90's, Boomer in the 2000's). But I always end the night feeling let down as there is NEVER a North player in the hunt at the end of the night.

I will watch this year thinking Goldy will get no more than 5 votes and hopefully the night ends with a pleasant surprise.

Add Corey McKernan to that 90's list. Still bloody dark on that dammit!

Fyfe probably has it in the bag at the moment, but if he gets suspended then Goldy is more than a chance. Most Brownlow trackers have him top 5.

Just for what it's worth, Goldy has overtaken Fyfe as the number ranked player in SuperCoach (same/similar points system to champion data?) as of this round. Also worth noting Fyfe has hit a rough patch of form lately while Goldy keeps racking up with BOGs. I still doubt he'll win, but he becomes a bigger chance every week.

Heard a talk back topic being put forward today - Is Todd Goldstein the best ruckman in the game today?

Are these guys kidding?

769d5ad7bfe47e45262e1fe5a8401eed_xlarge.jpeg

Sadly they're not.

According to the WA media, Goldy and Nic Nat hard to split for AA.

They must be having a hell of a time trying to figure out which of them should be Sandilands backup out of the two...

Will be lucky to have half that.

Based on my less than careful observations of the Brownlow over the years. He will poll 6-7 votes this year after dominating the last 2 months of the season... then win next year in a year universally exclaimed by every football watcher as significantly poorer than this one.

Wowee I feel for you WA supporters

seriously you guys don't understand how big nic nat is over here. they think he's gods gift to the earth. The media dept of WCE is linked with our newspapers, unless it's absolutely mathematically impossible - WCE will always be premiership favorites, and if they don't win it's the greatest injustice of all time and it's all the 'Victorians' fault.

When Priddis won the brownlow i think there was more focus as to why nic nat didn't win it rather than the fact that priddis won.

i won't be surprised if there is a feature article tomorrow discussing the logistics of how Subiaco Oval will handle a premiership because it's almost certain it's a WCE v Freo premiership.

sort of take your hate for * and transfer it to WCE, then add the fact they're the best shoved in your face everyday and that's how much i hate them.

seriously you guys don't understand how big nic nat is over here. they think he's gods gift to the earth. The media dept of WCE is linked with our newspapers, unless it's absolutely mathematically impossible - WCE will always be premiership favorites, and if they don't win it's the greatest injustice of all time and it's all the 'Victorians' fault.

When Priddis won the brownlow i think there was more focus as to why nic nat didn't win it rather than the fact that priddis won.

i won't be surprised if there is a feature article tomorrow discussing the logistics of how Subiaco Oval will handle a premiership because it's almost certain it's a WCE v Freo premiership.

sort of take your hate for * and transfer it to WCE, then add the fact they're the best shoved in your face everyday and that's how much i hate them.

wow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back