Recommitted Tom Barrass [OOC 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good result for WC IMO.

Why good for Freo fans?
That's a strange thing to say.
Means you stay at the bottom for longer because your team isn't committing to a rebuild

Living in WA unfortunately a good chunk of wce supporters are insufferable, means they'll stay quiet a bit longer

Thanks, how could I have forgotten about that Lachie Henderson pick-up =p
Very good defender.

Also, if you cast your mind back to last year Richmond supporters were adamant both Taranto and Hopper were guns.

Means you stay at the bottom for longer because your team isn't committing to a rebuild

Living in WA unfortunately a good chunk of wce supporters are insufferable, means they'll stay quiet a bit longer
I don't give a toss about other team's trades, but we're still obviously in your head.
Just worry about your team champ.

You have your grand final to look forward to this week.
History says we will win another one before you do.

I don't give a toss about other team's trades, but we're still obviously in your head.
Just worry about your team champ.

You have your grand final to look forward to this week.
History says we will win another one before you do.
3 prime examples of the arrogance that we have to put up with 😂 now amplify it and have to deal with it in person

you probably should have left it go instead of proving my point so quickly 😂

3 prime examples of the arrogance that we have to put up with 😂 now amplify it and have to deal with it in person

you probably should have left it go instead of proving my point so quickly 😂
And all of it is true.

The sub-forum is about drafts and trades.
You're the knucklehead that brought up fan bases.

Simpleton.

So WC need a new CEO, new coach and a new list manager.

A little bit detached from reality, seemingly still waiting for players to get back from injury and get the band back together. I don't know how bad you have to be before you start a proper rebuild.

And all of it is true.

The sub-forum is about drafts and trades.
You're the knucklehead that brought up fan bases.

Simpleton.
Awkward Cat GIF by Abitan

Pies savagely cut from their list to get back to competing

A better comparison to Barass would be Grundy

Eagles aren't willing to cut

Pies didn't cut Darcy Moore to do it though, and he was their most valuable chip at the time.

They cut other problem cases like Stephenson and Grundy who had become surplus to needs after Cameron had gone past him.

You don't trade key pieces of your team just because they have value. It's cutting your nose off to spite your face otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies didn't cut Darcy Moore to do it though, and he was their most valuable chip at the time.

They cut other problem cases like Stephenson and Grundy who had become surplus to needs after Cameron had gone past him.

You don't trade key pieces of your team just because they have value. It's cutting your nose off to spite your face otherwise.
Actually, you do trade key pieces of your team when you're the worst team in the competition. Firstly because your key players are not helping your to win games, and secondly because they won't be key players by the time you do start winning games. You had to make that Barrass trade and get pick 9 off Sydney, because Tom Barrass will not play a role in your next premiership, but the player you draft at pick 9 likely would have. It really is that simple.

This re-signing says to me that the Eagles believe they're a shot at the flag by 2027 (the year Barrass turns 32). They have absolutely refused to accept where they are at, and haven't started the rebuild. Oh well, another spoon next year should do the trick.

Actually, you do trade key pieces of your team when you're the worst team in the competition. Firstly because your key players are not helping your to win games, and secondly because they won't be key players by the time you do start winning games. You had to make that Barrass trade and get pick 9 off Sydney, because Tom Barrass will not play a role in your next premiership, but the player you draft at pick 9 likely would have. It really is that simple.

This re-signing says to me that the Eagles believe they're a shot at the flag by 2027 (the year Barrass turns 32). They have absolutely refused to accept where they are at, and haven't started the rebuild. Oh well, another spoon next year should do the trick.
you dont burn want to burn your list to the ground and end up like north melbourne

barass is an ideal player to stick around during a rebuild. premiership success, leadership attributes and can shield developing defenders behind him instead of throwing them to the wolves

a player like ryan is much better trade bait from an eagles pov

Think we would rather go down the path of our previous rebuilds

You let the right players go, you don't let key parts of your spine go.

To use your own team as an example

Hawks were happy to let Mitchell and O'Meara walk, there was no chance in hell they would have let Sicily or Mitch Lewis go despite having more value.

McGovern is 30+ and Hurn is set to retire. We let Barrass go and the only key position stocks we have are Bazzo and Harry Edwards (with big question marks if he's AFL standard).

Letting Barrass go is dumb list management.

You would let others go first who aren't key planks of the side, even if they won't grab you the same reward.

you dont burn want to burn your list to the ground and end up like north melbourne

barass is an ideal player to stick around during a rebuild. premiership success, leadership attributes and can shield developing defenders behind him instead of throwing them to the wolves

a player like ryan is much better trade bait from an eagles pov
By shield them, do you mean from the 108 point margin against Carlton, or the 171 points against Sydney? It's not working, he's not shielding them, that's why they had to trade Barrass. That's why Hawthorn traded Mitchell and O'Meara, our midfield was so poor that our coaches thought the kids could probably do a better job, and they were right. The Eagles have plenty of other leaders who are premiership players, but who are too old or out of form to be worth anything.

Keeping

I think you're missing the point.
Barrass is under contract so if he doesn't want to move, especially interstate, he doesn't have to.

Keeping a 27 year old does not mean we aren't rebuilding.

Didn't you guys want to keep Gunston?
What's the difference there?

By shield them, do you mean from the 108 point margin against Carlton, or the 171 points against Sydney? It's not working, he's not shielding them, that's why they had to trade Barrass. That's why Hawthorn traded Mitchell and O'Meara, our midfield was so poor that our coaches thought the kids could probably do a better job, and they were right. The Eagles have plenty of other leaders who are premiership players, but who are too old or out of form to be worth anything.
I see you haven't taken the worst injury list in the AFL into account either.
Your side has hardly had an injury this year.

If you've regularly got 7 to 8 first starters out, you're going to get pumped.

Keeping

I think you're missing the point.
Barrass is under contract so if he doesn't want to move, especially interstate, he doesn't have to.

Keeping a 27 year old does not mean we aren't rebuilding.

Didn't you guys want to keep Gunston?
What's the difference there?
We wanted to keep Gunston last year because he wasn't worth anything. Left as a UFA. He or Breust should've been traded in 2019. We wallowed in mediocrity instead and lost him before he could help us rise up the ladder anyway.

I see you haven't taken the worst injury list in the AFL into account either.
Your side has hardly had an injury this year.

If you've regularly got 7 to 8 first starters out, you're going to get pumped.
You've been injury hit since mid-2020. Time to stop wheeling it out as an excuse. Injuries have destroyed your list and it's time to build a new one.

We wanted to keep Gunston last year because he wasn't worth anything. Left as a UFA. He or Breust should've been traded in 2019. We wallowed in mediocrity instead and lost him before he could help us rise up the ladder anyway.

You've been injury hit since mid-2020. Time to stop wheeling it out as an excuse. Injuries have destroyed your list and it's time to build a new one.
Pretty sure you wanted Gunston to stay this year as well didn't you?

So WC need a new CEO, new coach and a new list manager.

A little bit detached from reality, seemingly still waiting for players to get back from injury and get the band back together. I don't know how bad you have to be before you start a proper rebuild.
rebuild is well under way matey, been hitting the draft hard the last couple of years. Dont have to dump everybody over 30 in order to start a rebuild

rebuild is well under way matey, been hitting the draft hard the last couple of years. Dont have to dump everybody over 30 in order to start a rebuild
Define hard. I think I'm correct in saying you've had three first round picks in the past 3 years. That is the average.

You don't have to dump all your experienced players, but there is a full 4-5 year process here that your club is not respecting. Adam Simpson clearly still believes your list is in good enough shape to bounce back up the ladder. This is Clarko on repeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back