Recommitted Tom Barrass [OOC 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably for the best really.

When its all said and done and if we got pick 9 and 22, all we got here is a risky selection at pick 9 where we need to take a KPD to replace Barass with, pick 22 which is more like pick 35 at this point in the draft and then the 4 mill or so in free salary which isnt really all that helpful when you have no one to pay
Could buy a pick taking Haynes and/or Fiorini with spare cash.

The plot thickens with WC off-season, could be still be the most interesting player or do absolutely nothing basically

Could buy a pick taking Haynes and/or Fiorini with spare cash.

The plot thickens with WC off-season, could be still be the most interesting player or do absolutely nothing basically

Could do that whether we keep Barass or not. Eagles are talking about both Naughton and English and 1 mill offers for each. Itd be a case really of just moving on from Naughton now Barass is staying id say

He is your best chance at getting some capital in

He won't be around for another premiership
Problem is the capital we get is re-invested in his exact replacement

The capital Hawks got for Tom Mitchell was invested on a more suited option and different player as they already had his replacement in Newcombe in the squad. Eagles dont have that luxury with Tom Barass unfortunately

The capital where we can reinvest a traded player for something else would be a overpay for Liam Ryan and then us using Ryan Maric as his replacement

Could do that whether we keep Barass or not. Eagles are talking about both Naughton and English and 1 mill offers for each. Itd be a case really of just moving on from Naughton now Barass is staying id say
This year? There is no scenario the Dogs are letting you have both Naughton and English in contract and I'll wager the chances of getting both of them across two years is pretty low historically speaking. I dont think I can think any times a club has taken two guns from one club back to back

This year? There is no scenario the Dogs are letting you have both Naughton and English in contract and I'll wager the chances of getting both of them across two years is pretty low historically speaking. I dont think I can think any times a club has taken two guns from one club back to back
Nah next year.

Eagles are the ultimate answer to "who could they be paying". All backended deals for the likes of Gaff/Yeo/NicNat have finished and Gov/Cripps took longer deals on fewer dollars cos they are longer

It will be Tim Kelly, Tom Barass, Oscar Allen, Dom Sheed and then a fair bit of nothing after that for us so money is there

Nah next year.

Eagles are the ultimate answer to "who could they be paying". All backended deals for the likes of Gaff/Yeo/NicNat have finished and Gov/Cripps took longer deals on fewer dollars cos they are longer

It will be Tim Kelly, Tom Barass, Oscar Allen, Dom Sheed and then a fair bit of nothing after that for us so money is there
Yeah, there's like 4 clubs in that situation every year, doesnt correlate to getting two massive names like that in one trade period but we'll see

He would be AA almost every year if he played for a Vic team.
lol what??

2022 - Sam Taylor CHB
2021 - Allir Allir CHB
2020 - Harris Andrews FB
2019 - Harris Andrews FB, McGovern CHB
2018 - McGovern CHB

Yeah the bloody Vic bias when it comes to choosing key backs!!

Normally those clubs are North/Essendon as opposed to clubs like ours who are proven to get bigger names to head over the last 20 years at a fairly consistent basis
There is often a "big club" down the bottom with cash to splash. Again, unhappy to rage into the void next year if it happens but history says you'll do well to get one, yet alone both.

There is often a "big club" down the bottom with cash to splash. Again, unhappy to rage into the void next year if it happens but history says you'll do well to get one, yet alone both.
Like who?

Maybe Adelaide. A team who has really struggled to attract good players back from better teams recently. If they did id say they probably make him club captain.... oh wait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like who?

Maybe Adelaide. A team who has really struggled to attract good players back from better teams recently. If they did id say they probably make him club captain.... oh wait
Carlton the last 15 years, Hawks when they were successful, hell, Freo are one of the biggest traders going around (unfortunately) and generally average so have money available yet no one has been able to bring in two players as valuable as English and Naughton from one club in quick succession yet alone in one year. I know you think very highly of your club but this stuff doesnt happen for a reason.

I will be unhappily wrong if it happens and you can ping me and laugh, till then, tis the Barrass thread

Carlton the last 15 years, Hawks when they were successful, hell, Freo are one of the biggest traders going around (unfortunately) and generally average so have money available yet no one has been able to bring in two players as valuable as English and Naughton from one club in quick succession yet alone in one year. I know you think very highly of your club but this stuff doesnt happen for a reason.

I will be unhappily wrong if it happens and you can ping me and laugh, till then, tis the Barrass thread
You literally picked the 2 best clubs at attracting talent and put us in the same category as to why we cant?

You literally picked the 2 best clubs at attracting talent and put us in the same category as to why we cant?
I'm not sure if we are debating different point but my whole point is that no club can get two players of the level of English and Naughton, from one club in the same year. Where the players are actually wanted, it has never happened before. Off the top of my head the clubs I have mentioned, despite being very good at getting talent, they havent done it before, no one has done it before. If you think WC are getting them both next year, it will be a first in the AFL.

Richmond last year managed to get Taranto and Hopper because GWS were happy to get some cap relief and I honestly cant think of any time that has happened. I also think Naughton and English are a level above those two. If you take one (very possible), the Dogs move heaven and earth to keep the other. I hope this makes my point clear because we seem to have been discussing different things. If you disagree, please just use the disagree react this time and we can try to get the thread back on track.

No
Pies savagely cut from their list to get back to competing

A better comparison to Barass would be Grundy

Eagles aren't willing to cut
no chance is Barrass comparable to Grundy, Grundy was excess to needs at Collingwood having Cameron ready to be a reasonable replacement having been the replacement most of the year. Barrass is significantly more important than that. The eagles dont have anybody who can comfortably play the role Barrass plays

No

no chance is Barrass comparable to Grundy, Grundy was excess to needs at Collingwood having Cameron ready to be a reasonable replacement having been the replacement most of the year. Barrass is significantly more important than that. The eagles dont have anybody who can comfortably play the role Barrass plays
Yeah there's that but then you factor in that barass gets you a top 10 pick and it evens out those factors

Wce making a big mistake if they don't trade barass

Fwiw I think he is gone still, just posturing from wce right now

Yeah there's that but then you factor in that barass gets you a top 10 pick and it evens out those factors

Wce making a big mistake if they don't trade barass

Fwiw I think he is gone still, just posturing from wce right now
Postering?
I wouldn't have thought so.

FWIW, I'd rather have Barrass then get rid of him.

Lachie Henderson - 2015
Zach Tuohy - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back