Recommitted Tom Barrass [OOC 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Right but he hasn't actually been AA ever. Which was my question.
Oh okay so only then he would be considered an A grade in your books, got it. Premiership player, BNF (regardless of team) doesnt matter.

I'm sure if he made the final AA squad you would said he doesn't have a flag etc.

Oh okay so only then he would be considered an A grade in your books, got it. Premiership player, BNF (regardless of team) doesnt matter.

I'm sure if he made the final AA squad you would said he doesn't have a flag etc.

I didn't say anything about A grade, perhaps read the thread.

Poster said he was arguably the best KPD in the AFL. I posted really.

Poster said he was AA. I asked when he was AA. Turns out he wasn't.

Cue Eagle fan tantrums.

Look - His hair alone makes him worth a top 5 pick.

8396da2df8062a9e61baa71a61f6611457b0613e-16x9-x0y139w2408h1355.jpg

Why hasnt will Gould been mentioned as part of this trade?
Not a bad call, but I dont think the eagles will show too much interest in a guy who could barely get a game in the swans backline who were decimated earlier in the year. If they cant get anybody else to replace Barrass I can see Goulds name coming up for sure

Not a bad call, but I dont think the eagles will show too much interest in a guy who could barely get a game in the swans backline who were decimated earlier in the year. If they cant get anybody else to replace Barrass I can see Goulds name coming up for sure
With Hurn retiring and Barrass potentially leaving I could see value in the eagles picking him up to be a big body in defence for a couple of years before he gets replaced.

At the same time he’s worth next to nothing and would just be an extra rather than any big bargaining chip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass value to me lies somewhere between Pick #15-25

I don't think he is worth a top 10 pick at his age, he probably only has another 2-3 years of top footy at most left.

I agree. And think he is worth more to us than a pick in that range. So unless Swans are happy to pay above that he will finish his career with us I would imagine.

I agree. And think he is worth more to us than a pick in that range. So unless Swans are happy to pay above that he will finish his career with us I would imagine.
If the Swans offer their 1st and 2nd that should get it done.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

West Coast List Manager very firm in saying they won't be trading out vital senior players and that Tom has no interest in moving. The latter is expected with a second baby just arrived.

More Vicmedia column filling musings!

One thing to think about is. Would Barass really move to Sydney without a pay rise? With Cost of living so much more in Sydney then it is in Perth, I cant see him taking what he is on now to leave. You would need more cash to cover the cost of being in Sydney. Its effectively a paycut really otherwise. Its for that reason Id expect Eagles need to contribute to his salary a fair bit and in that space, 2 picks probably isnt going to cut it

SEN and Fox both reporting this morning that he is staying. Shuey at his presser said that Barrass would be his choice for our next captain.

Probably for the best really.

When its all said and done and if we got pick 9 and 22, all we got here is a risky selection at pick 9 where we need to take a KPD to replace Barass with, pick 22 which is more like pick 35 at this point in the draft and then the 4 mill or so in free salary which isnt really all that helpful when you have no one to pay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back