Nostradamus Lives Tom Boyd Wants Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to school with Boyd and his dad was my juniors coach.
He is very loyal and is NO CHANCE of leaving GWS.
So if he went for Carlton when he was a kid he must be still loyal to us not GWS and wanted to be at Carlton from the start.

So if he went for Carlton when he was a kid he must be still loyal to us not GWS and wanted to be at Carlton from the start.
How often do players end up wanting a trade to the team they supported as a kid?
Not often at all.
No chance of him leaving.
I know for a fact that he is loving it in Sydney.

You are probably right but you can't be certain that he will stay at GWS unless you are part of the team. Just saying weirder things have happened like buddy going to the Swans.

We drafted two of his best mates last season apparently. Boyd wants to come to Brisbane to be with McStay and Cutler.
I'd say that has about as much credibility as the rumor doing the rounds that GAJ won't play again. If Boyd is going anywhere it would be the City of Melbourne because that's where his family and "other" friends live.

One example......name 5 more?
My point is that 95% of the time, once a player gets drafted they stop following the team they went for as a kid.

Not wayne harmes

He went for richmond while playing for carlton

Carlton Premiership hero that goes for richmond

Anyway. Jungle drums still beat that Boyd may come to Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you be willing to give up to get Boyd to Carlton?

Would have to be a player like henderson and a first round pick.

Maybe some bootsma selfies to seal the deal

What? No thankyou jefferson, we'll just wait for him to come out of contract and walk to us rather than giving hendo.

You'll wait 8 years?

Just because someone is out of contract they can't walk... Before FA need to be traded. This point seems to be lost on a lot of people in the last few years since FA came in. It's almost as though people think moving clubs can be for free if its after a contract ends. Need to give up player(s) and picks for a high drafter.

Not wayne harmes

He went for richmond while playing for carlton

Carlton Premiership hero that goes for richmond

Anyway. Jungle drums still beat that Boyd may come to Carlton.
Apparently Jake Carlisle still wears his doggies jumper around every now and then.

Didn't stop the campaigner from putting 8 goals on us though :(

You'll wait 8 years?

Just because someone is out of contract they can't walk... Before FA need to be traded. This point seems to be lost on a lot of people in the last few years since FA came in. It's almost as though people think moving clubs can be for free if its after a contract ends. Need to give up player(s) and picks for a high drafter.

Carlton will have 1st pick in the PSD the way they're going

You'll wait 8 years?

Nominate Carlton, threaten the PSD and walk to us for our first pick, easy

He'll walk to the PSD? So he wants to have the dubious honour of becoming the first player to be taken number one in two different drafts? Somehow I doubt it.

Could be a strategy - every two years he walks to the PSD until Carlton can tank to get him (or his reputation is so damaged that nobody else wants him)

can't see that happening either though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back