Tom Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, it's horrible that a young kid can come in and screw over the team who picked him just because they want to go elsewhere.

If the AFL wants the game to grow, they should do something about this kind of nonsense.

We really got a good deal out of this compared to what you guys have copped over the past few years, but that doesn't make the actions of Boyd any less ridiculous.

How much do you pay Scully and Ward?

Best of luck to you boys.
On face value it looks like GWS certainly got the better deal IMO, but considering where your list is at it would be a long shot for Griffen to still be around and playing good footy when you have your next serious tilt at a flag.
So this considered I think this is a good trade as really you would not get that key forward with pick 6 and Griffen either way would not be a part of your next generation success.
Well done in end and the club certainly needs the PR of a big name recruit !!

I think you posted on the wrong board?????

G'day fellas, congrats on getting Griffen.

Just wondering if someone can tell me why Boyd, being a #1 draft pick in his first year, played so few games? He missed a big chunk of the first half of the season, and seemed to play towards the end when everyone else was injured.

Was Boyd injured at the start of the season or something?

Cheers :)

Just wondering if someone can tell me why Boyd, being a #1 draft pick in his first year, played so few games? He missed a big chunk of the first half of the season, and seemed to play towards the end when everyone else was injured.

Not injured just was clearly behind both Patton and Cameron, and there were also questions about his application.

He did get an injury late in the pre season I remember, missed the first NAB match and was pretty pissed about it.
Then I think the club wanted to get his conditioning up and make him earn his spot.
Ultimately you look at his NEAFL form though and he didn't set the world on fire even there and we had plenty of other options. Giles started the season off well and then lost favour.

Well played Giants. Pretty obvious to see what the while drafting/recruiting strategy was in the first place. imo you definitely get the choccys in this trade

So long Tom Boyd (aka Mummy's Boy(d)). Changed my avatar to go with it.
Mummy's Boyd trumps my WaterBoyd(c) now we traded him.

Probably is my biggest regret because we stuffed the Dogs on this deal.Whichever way you look at it.

The best way to look at it is Afl Ratings: Number 5 for number 581 and they gave us 6th pick and are paying some salary. OMG.

Would love the AFL to come in and close this rookie whining loophole for the greater good but as far as the trade goes. BINGO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Will Not Be Traded Under Any Circumstances."

So much for that I guess.

Serious question, what was the explanation given for the about-face today? I've been looking but haven't found it.
Couldn't tell you. But your happy are you not?

Serious question, what was the explanation given for the about-face today? I've been looking but haven't found it.

New ridiculous caving offer we couldn't refuse (seriously you still pay him and gave us 6) and consultation with the leadership group who said good riddance to bad rubbish get rid. Patfull, Griffen, picks 4, 6, 7. Steele and Finlayson onboard. Finals here we come.

All three reasons provided by Dave Matthews are on the previous page mate.
Thank you good sir. I keep finding nonsense from the press that involves a lot of frothing at the mouth and not a lot of direct quotes.

Couldn't tell you. But your happy are you not?
World is good today. I think we paid overs but we got what we wanted. A fairer deal probably would have been Pick 26 rather than 6.

New ridiculous caving offer we couldn't refuse (seriously you still pay him and gave us 6) and consultation with the leadership group who said good riddance to bad rubbish get rid. Patfull, Griffen, picks 4, 6, 7. Steele and Finlayson onboard. Finals here we come.

We actually couldn't pay 95% of the cap otherwise in 2015 because Boyd gets standard wage next year and our highest paid player is out the door, as well as Cooney who was on decent coin. The 2015 money isn't the real measuring stick and certainly doesn't hurt us.

I know we paid overs......well and truely. But gee it's nice to have attracted a young player with his qualities to our club in such a time of turmoil. I would like to thank you for making it possible, because without Griffen wanting to go to you and without your input in that it would not have been possible. You will love Griff, I did. You probably don't even know what you have, much like you didn't with Cal Ward. But you soon will.

Our players get underestimated all the time.....Tom clearly knows his footy!

Wow. What a difference a day makes. Looks like Boyd and the Giants were a shotgun marriage from the start.

But it's good we've acted decisively to rid ourselves of someone who clearly didn't want to be here.

As for Boyd, well, good luck to him. A 19 year old on that sort of money.

The Bulldogs had better hope he doesn't turn into their version of Sam Reid. It's a huge gamble on their part.

The explanation is all over the news, Griffen, Pick 6 and part of Griffs salary paid by your club.

Absolutely brilliant trade by the Giants, they sneak Ryder in for Giles and say 7 and than nab #1 for 4+6 and they have had one of the best trade weeks ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back