Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

I say bullshit, how can you guarantee anything, do you know these guys personally, get along and check our very own Skippos's You tube channel, easily the most comprehensive video footage available on draft candidates and certainly as good as what the AFL put out there.

That's just librarian work unless the judgement backs it up

What was his phantom like 2 months out

IMO it's not their opinions .....it's a reflection of rumors they hear ...and in the end most reflect fairly closely each other

I'd prefer they have their Phantom Drafts set in stone two weeks out .....then we know it's actually their skills in talent identification

Man, I wish I had sources! I've had the most inaccurate phantom draft for the last few years. 10% of my top 50 ranked players weren't even drafted. So does that make mine good?

Man, I wish I had sources! I've had the most inaccurate phantom draft for the last few years. 10% of my top 50 ranked players weren't even drafted. So does that make mine good?
It makes it an honest appraisal of your thoughts on potential draftees ......it may not be an accurate reflection of the actual outcome, but as you say you don't have the same access to sources

At least it's a better read, a different POV, to all those oh so similar that end up being clones of each other

Love Knightmares drafts as well .......but as i said i would prefer he keep his list his (minus sources) ......rather than change it constantly in the last 2 weeks, so it actually doesn't end up a reflection of his own thoughts

What i prefer is people such as you Chris and Knightmare's personal assessment of players ......leave the final phantom order to those with club sources

Well done during the year Chris .....great effort & a great resource :thumbsu:

Never change Chris. I like your PD because it never pretends to be anything other than it is - one punters personal opinion. As readers we can choose to click and read or not.

We were miles off it in 2012

People forget that we were lucky as **** to be there, and that Hawks team was struck down by gastro;
Whilst I think Hawthorn were clearly a better side then us (although not on the night), it's not as if we were lucky to make the prelim given we finished 2nd in the H&A season for memory.

exactly my point, thanks.:thumbsu:
And you'd say only Terlich and Kommer (excl RAt) were who you could say were missed
(have taken out he passes and rookie upgrades)
3 64 Matthew Dick, Calder Cannons TAC Cup Sydney Free agency compensation pick via Hawthorn - Clinton Young
4 66 Kaiden Brand, West Adelaide SANFL Hawthorn Pick #66 traded from Greater Western Sydney
4 68 Dean Terlich, Norwood SANFL Melbourne
4 70 Michael Osborne, Hawthorn AFL Hawthorn Pick #70 traded from Sydney via Port Adelaide
4 73 Nicholas Kommer, East Perth WAFL Essendon
4 75 Lewis Pierce, Dandenong Stingrays TAC Cup St Kilda
4 77 Bradley Hartman, Sturt SANFL Geelong
4 81 Rory Atkins, Calder Cannons TAC Cup Adelaide
5 88 Sean Gregory, Calder Cannons TAC Cu

Hopefully Doedee is just yet another player who makes me look stupid for overlooking him.
His sample size was small .....lets face it most would not have been studying his limited games, particularly as a close checking defender

But when you do study him ......gee he has some attributes ....looks like a clone of Peter Dean of Carlton fame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think where a lot of PD's fall down is that it's almost impossible to predict list needs unless you are on the inside and have intimate knowledge of the player environment.

We can all look at vids or even see games and say yeah this kid looks good - but how and where does said kid fit in and to which club.

That's where it all becomes guesswork and speculation - and I'm as guilty as anyone of judging a kid by reference to BF PD posters.

Also, a good academic record is no guarantee of success in the work environment. Reminds me of how many stockbrokers in London recruit from east end market traders. Uneducated, rough, uncouth - put them in a suit and tie and they will cut your throat in a trade.

It makes it an honest appraisal of your thoughts on potential draftees ......it may not be an accurate reflection of the actual outcome, but as you say you don't have the same access to sources

At least it's a better read, a different POV, to all those oh so similar that end up being clones of each other

Love Knightmares drafts as well .......but as i said i would prefer he keep his list his (minus sources) ......rather than change it constantly in the last 2 weeks, so it actually doesn't end up a reflection of his own thoughts

What i prefer is people such as you Chris and Knightmare's personal assessment of players ......leave the final phantom order to those with club sources

Well done during the year Chris .....great effort & a great resource :thumbsu:

I see the Richmond folk are saying "our" boy Callum Moore has been told by the club he will likely be developed as a Defender/Backman.

I see the Richmond folk are saying "our" boy Callum Moore has been told by the club he will likely be developed as a Defender/Backman.
Mmm......isn't kicking more critical thru zones as a defender , than as a forward shooting for goal ?

They don't get it right. They crib information until it's largely been leaked

Look at the difference between 4 weeks out & 1 day out

It's just recycled public knowledge. Where phantoms go wrong is that clubs have been tracking the players for 3 or 4 years, whereas they are just passing on what they hear in the TAC cup & championships and read online
What ever way you cut it there lists are pretty right, so obviously they herd nothing or there were no rumors or information about doedee being taken any higher than 32.

Whilst I think Hawthorn were clearly a better side then us (although not on the night), it's not as if we were lucky to make the prelim given we finished 2nd in the H&A season for memory.
people been hearing 'easy draw' so long theyre starting to believe it

We were miles off it in 2012

People forget that we were lucky as **** to be there, and that Hawks team was struck down by gastro;

But anything could have happened if we got there.

Just saying
Just saying what? we would have had to delist a player by either trading 17 for a pick and a player or 2 picks. It seems pretty obvious we went in hoping for someone to make it to us, they didnt, so we picked the next best on our list, not sure why you cant get on board with that.

I think this was the draft to have two picks in the early 20's instead of 13. The Bulldogs were smart - though I don't rate Dunkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back