Game Day Round 22, Crows v Brisbane at the Gabba, 12/8/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Big game for both sides, especially the Crows. Snag this away win and we are a very good chance of playing finals. Huge ask, as the Lions have been unbeaten at home this year. I am on the record as stating I am happy with the selections and am backing our boys in to win. Going head to head time & city wise with the Matilda's, but the girls can wait. The Crows are my first love. Good conditions for football. Dry and calm, as well as somewhat balmy. Being towards evening and still winter it wont be too oppressive. Go you Crows!

As excited as I have been for a home and away game I have seen live for years. Trying to temper excitement that we can take them here with their undefeated record at home his year (and I think league best home winning % in recent years).

Win today and I think we progress past week one of finals. Lose and we are unlikely to make finals. Massive game and confident we give everything we have to offer. Go Crows!

Can see another away loss coming whereby we weren't ever really in the game but we have a few periods where we dominate and get very close on the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goes without saying this is effectively a final for us.

We have built that contested profile for these exact occasions, now is the time to reap what we've sown.

Rankine a big loss.
Add Rankine and an in-form Rachele and I'd be up and about anticipating a win, as opposed to merely thinking a win is quite possible but not probable.

Looking at the years stats in comparison its a fairly even story .

We dominate disposals by +20 a game but most others are close enough to call even

Frees Against is a worry

And Brisbane aerially are a bit ahead in Inside 50 marks. Just means our match ups need to be spot on

Like the stats I can see this going either way - but home ground advantage has to come into play

Is this a test of Nicks and co ability to manage a game?

This will be a huge test for our young inexperienced defence. If the Lions forwards get on top they should win this one pretty comfortably. I can't see us winning this one unfortunately, but I felt the same about the showdown and look how that one turned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back