Preview Trial game - Crows V Port - 5pm Friday 23 Feb at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we seeing a different looking AFL now Gil the dull has left?

They went hard with a statement with Thomas.

Now going hard with SPP as the 1st head high contact after Brayshaw incident.

The test will be when an incident occurs involving a big name from a powerful Victorian club.

I bet he is top 10 league wide for contested marks per game played , will be an interesting stat follow this year

That will be a nice progression

I think the exciting bit is he’s nowhere near a finished product and has alot of improvement to come

Probably won’t be anywhere near his peak for another 3 years and will have some frustrating moments this year , no doubt

Good call, he will be much better in 2 years when Tex retires. He will be more a CHF than FF. Let’s just hope he learns as much as possible while Tex is there and then emulates him. Think he and Fog will form an awesome 1 2

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The test will be when an incident occurs involving a big name from a powerful Victorian club.

Reckon Andrew Dillion is more aware of legal consequences than Gill. Andrew has a background in legal.

Yeah I'll reserve judgement until a big name player at one of the big Melbourne clubs gets a hefty suspension.

This happens most years if you get done early in the season

1709080112779-png.1915157

The bigger test will come during finals when a big name player has a similar incident.

Preliminary final 2024, Collingwood win the game and Nick Daicos bumps someone and causes a concussion. We all know what the result will be. He will be playing the next week in the GF without a doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bigger test will come during finals when a big name player has a similar incident.

Preliminary final 2024, Collingwood win the game and Nick Daicos bumps someone and causes a concussion. We all know what the result will be. He will be playing the next week in the GF without a doubt.
Yep the AFL need to pass the Cotchin Test

11.png

Hey Mr Gui Guojie look who is laughing now? :D

Yes Im tagging you into a thread you didnt post in.

Passively laughing at posts by opposition posters may be considered trolling and our Mods have mentioned it many times on here. I didnt report you, as I was waiting for the Karma Bus to arrive at Alberton today. :rainbow:

I'll give you the first one that we were beaten at stoppages but not in the second game, that was ours.
I had to have a look to see if my memory was faulty and came up with a result that surprised me.
We won the clearances 50 to 39 in the 1st Showdown. Centre clearances 18 to 10. Stoppages 32 to 29.
2nd Showdown we lost clearances 34 to their 42. Centre clearances 8 to Pear 11. Stoppages 23 to 34.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I'll reserve judgement until a big name player at one of the big Melbourne clubs gets a hefty suspension.

This happens most years if you get done early in the season

Agree, the toughest suspensions seem to occur in the first few rounds - see McAdam from last year and player wasn’t even concussed or high contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back