Game Day Crows v Freo - Friday, probs not good

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we lose badly, we deserve to. Welcome to your fully rebuilt 23.
We lost our opening game with no forwards and lost to a very good side Geelong. We're a confidence based team so were always going to start slowly as we build our confidence from scratch again. Having said that Freo don't look too bad so will be a tough game.

We lost our opening game with no forwards and lost to a very good side Geelong. We're a confidence based team so were always going to start slowly as we build our confidence from scratch again. Having said that Freo don't look too bad so will be a tough game.
A very good Geelong side? They had about 6 first choice players out

Fremantle have good form and that includes beating Brisbane in Perth. While I don't think we have the worst form going around, we appear sleepy and have only really put together 2 good quarters this year. Thats a lot to turn around against a team thats not travelling so bad.

I dont think we have the side to win unfortunately. I do think we will throw everything at this game in a desperate attempt to win so I can see it being an even match. Unfortunately it will fall into the honourable loss basket.

This is where we need to be in active development. We have some serious holes to pug in the side within the next 12 months and I don't see us in any hurry to try and fix it.

I choose to be positive (despite all evidence to the contrary)

Freo beat at home a Brisbane team that is 0-3

They beat North who are 0-2 and at one point were 33 points down in the first half.

We lost to Geelong who are 2-0 and Gold Coast with their new coach smell at 2-1. Gold Coasts loss coming from at that s**t hole that is Mars.

They’ve had it easy and we’ve had it tough. We should catch them napping and get our first W of the season.

Before the season started I thought we would be a really good chance to win this one, after the last 2 weeks I now can't see it happening. We are playing without any confidence atm and look to be a shell of the team from last year.

Hopefully Nicks finally realises he has the midfield mix wrong and gets Soligo/Rachele/Pedlar in there to give us some spark.

Freo by 24

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo are completely F******. They don't realize what's about to happen. Naive bast@rds.

They are entering Mathew Nicks' prime time to shine. This is the time when our daft coach turns into Malcolm Blight!

The 4 Rounds between 3 - 6 are when we are at our peak.

Of course we start terribly with 0-2 starts! This has been the case in 4 of the last 5 years Nicks has coached us, but its all just to lure other clubs into thinking we are rubbish!

But then boom - a Mathew Nicks Rabbit out of a hat and just like that we go from a miserable start to winning our round 3 matchup (last 4 years in a bloody row!)

Over the past 3 seasons - during rounds 3-6 we have an 11-3 win loss record! Our 3 losses were by 12, 3 and 4 points.

This is the time to embrace the club*

Only question I have is what rabbit is Nicks pulling out this year? In 2022 with no Walker and pre psychotherapist FOG - he made Himmelberg and Gollant look like Wayne Carey and Tony Modra! In 2023 with our midfield struggling - boom here ya go - lets throw Jordan Dawson into the middle there's an All Australian midfielder.

My guess is that Lachlan Sholl turns into Rd 10, 2017 Rory Atkins and we win by 40!

*please don't ask about Rd 7 onwards.

Rd 1 - a loss in an away game by 1 goal.

Rd 2 - abysmal kicking for goal, with 3 out-on-the-full, 3 posters, and a couple of shanks from close range.

Rd 3 - clean up our game with better decision making and goal kicking, then we have a fair chance. Don’t think we’re far off, hopefully today will be Good Friday!

Rd 1 - a loss in an away game by 1 goal.

Rd 2 - abysmal kicking for goal, with 3 out-on-the-full, 3 posters, and a couple of shanks from close range.

Rd 3 - clean up our game with better decision making and goal kicking, then we have a fair chance. Don’t think we’re far off, hopefully today will be Good Friday!

John!

Remember in 2023 when improvement was based on our magical scoring shot numbers?

In 2023 first 2 rounds we were 0-2 but had one less scoring shot than GWS and 4 more than Richmond for a net result in +3.

In 2024 first rounds we are also 0-2 and had 6 less scoring shots against Gold Coast. We had 4 less scoring shots against Geelong for a net result of -10 scoring shots!

Surely by your own metric we have gone massively backwards?

John!

Remember in 2023 when improvement was based on our magical scoring shot numbers?

In 2023 first 2 rounds we were 0-2 but had one less scoring shot than GWS and 4 more than Richmond for a net result in +3.

In 2024 first rounds we are also 0-2 and had 6 less scoring shots against Gold Coast. We had 4 less scoring shots against Geelong for a net result of -10 scoring shots!

Surely by your own metric we have gone massively backwards?

Please don't speak logic and facts to the happy clappers. They are like Trump supporters. It makes them tick!

Freo are completely F******. They don't realize what's about to happen. Naive bast@rds.

They are entering Mathew Nicks' prime time to shine. This is the time when our daft coach turns into Malcolm Blight!

The 4 Rounds between 3 - 6 are when we are at our peak.

Of course we start terribly with 0-2 starts! This has been the case in 4 of the last 5 years Nicks has coached us, but its all just to lure other clubs into thinking we are rubbish!

But then boom - a Mathew Nicks Rabbit out of a hat and just like that we go from a miserable start to winning our round 3 matchup (last 4 years in a bloody row!)

Over the past 3 seasons - during rounds 3-6 we have an 11-3 win loss record! Our 3 losses were by 12, 3 and 4 points.

This is the time to embrace the club*

Only question I have is what rabbit is Nicks pulling out this year? In 2022 with no Walker and pre psychotherapist FOG - he made Himmelberg and Gollant look like Wayne Carey and Tony Modra! In 2023 with our midfield struggling - boom here ya go - lets throw Jordan Dawson into the middle there's an All Australian midfielder.

My guess is that Lachlan Sholl turns into Rd 10, 2017 Rory Atkins and we win by 40!

*please don't ask about Rd 7 onwards.
So what happens after rd 7?

Sure thing: We will play some Freo spud into form, lose and have no unforced changes applied to anyone older than 24.

Most at stake: Fremantle defenders. We are going to bomb it long and indiscriminately, just how any defence would like it, they can't mess this up.

Doomsday: We win and Nicks gets to pretend he isn't a total fraud.

Pure fantasy: Brodie Smith will look before he kicks it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back