Game Day Crows v Freo - Friday, probs not good

Remove this Banner Ad

Away wins under Nicks against teams not bottom 4:

2020: Carlton @ Gold Coast
2021: Hawthorn @ Docklands
2022: Bulldogs @ Ballarat
2023: None

Tonight doesn't bode well at all, especially given we've backed the boys in after the first two shitfests.

Away wins under Nicks against teams not bottom 4:

2020: Carlton @ Gold Coast
2021: Hawthorn @ Docklands
2022: Bulldogs @ Ballarat
2023: None

Tonight doesn't bode well at all, especially given we've backed the boys in after the first two shitfests.
Someone posted yesterday we’ve won only 5 of our last 14, West Coast twice, North, Gold Coast and Port. Thats deplorable.

I choose to be positive (despite all evidence to the contrary)

Freo beat at home a Brisbane team that is 0-3

They beat North who are 0-2 and at one point were 33 points down in the first half.

We lost to Geelong who are 2-0 and Gold Coast with their new coach smell at 2-1. Gold Coasts loss coming from at that s**t hole that is Mars.

They’ve had it easy and we’ve had it tough. We should catch them napping and get our first W of the season.
I've tipped us

Mind you I also tipped Brisbane last night

Rd 1 - a loss in an away game by 1 goal.

Rd 2 - abysmal kicking for goal, with 3 out-on-the-full, 3 posters, and a couple of shanks from close range.

Rd 3 - clean up our game with better decision making and goal kicking, then we have a fair chance. Don’t think we’re far off, hopefully today will be Good Friday!
As long as it's bruise free

If we win it just papers over the cracks and gives the selection committee more opportunities to pat themselves on the back by backing the boys in.
If we lose then it adds greater spotlight on the incompetency of the coaching panel.
I've always loved this club but im done pouring my emotional investment into the results.
Idgaf about the result anymore. Whatever happens will happen.
It's just another game.

I want to see plenty of midfield time for Rachele, Rankine and Pedlar. Rotating with Dawson, Crouch and Laird. Dont want to see Crouch and Laird in the midfield at the same time. They can rotate. Rachele and Rankine to switch it up so that one of them is always in the midfield. Sholl and Soli the wingers

Dawson
Laird
Rachele

Dawson
Laird
Rankine

Dawson
Crouch
Rachele

Dawson
Crouch
Rankine

Pedlar
Laird
Rachele

Pedlar
Laird
Rankine

Pedlar
Crouch
Rachele

Pedlar
Crouch
Rankine

John!

Remember in 2023 when improvement was based on our magical scoring shot numbers?

In 2023 first 2 rounds we were 0-2 but had one less scoring shot than GWS and 4 more than Richmond for a net result in +3.

In 2024 first rounds we are also 0-2 and had 6 less scoring shots against Gold Coast. We had 4 less scoring shots against Geelong for a net result of -10 scoring shots!

Surely by your own metric we have gone massively backwards?
You can’t compare 2 rounds in 2024 relative to an entire season in 2023. Still too early to see if there is an absolute trend (good or bad) this year.

You can argue losing round 1 against the Suns was expected in an away game with 2 missing big forwards. With the only disappointment being against the Cats. But then the Cats are a total enigma, and may end up being in the top 4 this season.

You can’t compare 2 rounds in 2024 relative to an entire season in 2023. Still too early to see if there is an absolute trend (good or bad) this year.

You can argue losing round 1 against the Suns was expected in an away game with 2 missing big forwards. With the only disappointment being against the Cats. But then the Cats are a total enigma, and may end up being in the top 4 this season.
See sense, John. It wasn't the results, it was the way we went about it in both games that have us raging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not very often I want us to get pumped. Tonight I hope it happens.

Smithers has been a great player for us, but he is done. Also hope tonight is the game that mainstream supporters pick up on this and Importantly the club as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For the third time in three matches I will again be unavailable during the actual match time, and so will get the joy of turning on the replay at midnight, and then sitting with my head in my hands at 1am wondering what I'm doing with my life.

At least I get to fast forward past all of the opposition set shots and goal replays. Should cut out a fair chunk of the broadcast.

John, old buddy. I think that is the exact worst thing you could have possibly posted.

Here is your original post from one year ago where you did EXACTLY that.

You literally compared us after 2 rounds in 2023 to our entire 2022 season to try and show the improvement you imagined.

This thread is purely focusing on the stats of scoring shots, and comparing the seasons of 2022 with 2023.

What prompted me to consider doing this topic is that through this preseason and the first 2 rounds, I feel there is a genuine improvement among the group, even though currently the end outcome appears relatively stagnant (2 games, 2 losses). Perhaps some visualisation of numbers may give us a better insight of how we’re faring compared with season 2022?

Stats incoming in the following posts (with some updates throughout the year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back