Preview Trial game - Crows V Port - 5pm Friday 23 Feb at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
A brand new thread to keep all our thoughts re this game in the one place.

No injuries and a serviceable performance will do me. Don't even care if they outscore us.

Both teams seem to be keeping things low key this offseason so I don't expect this match to be setup to reveal much (in terms of who can actually beat who when going their hardest) that said, I do think it will reveal a lot about individually who's in (good early season) form etc.

Who makes this squad will be revealing, will give us a good guide to if the new draftees are any chance to debut (didn't look like it with lincoln game IMO).

Hoping all of Keane, Borlase, Burgess and Worrell do well as I think key back is our biggest area of concern for the moment.

I want to see izak in the middle and absolutely torch their A grade mids and send a warning of what is to come this season onwards.

Be great to see thilthorpe dominate ratugolea and alir as well...put some fear into them
It would be nice to see their bubble deflated early in the year.

February premiers
I enjoy the ride of Port winning the flag in February, it makes the September lols so much more entertaining.:think:

To see the Port supporters hope and faith built up for the entire year, to break in straight sets, is a beautiful thing to experience on here.:rainbow:

So are they doing 6 periods?
Dr House Idk GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this board is not putting too much emphasis on winning this game because surely both teams will be doing a fair bit of experimenting under match conditions. As long as we are competitive and get through unscathed injury wise is the best result.
Yeah, we need some clarity on out fringe players.

Very excited to see how Curtin goes. Preseason is really important for his confidence.

Was shocked to see how mature he looked (physically) during the trial match.
Yeah I was interested to see they had him on Tex in Lincoln. I’m sure it was a great learning experience, however it probably wasn’t great for confidence levels. Would like to see him in a role where we get the ball in his hands more on Friday.

Yeah I was interested to see they had him on Tex in Lincoln. I’m sure it was a great learning experience, however it probably wasn’t great for confidence levels. Would like to see him in a role where we get the ball in his hands more on Friday.
Started on Tex in the first qtr and Tex gave him a lesson. Once moved he showed a lot of compusure and skill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back