Universal Love Tom Hawkins 2020 Coleman Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember, this is the guy who as a kid kicked one of the most high pressure goals in the '09 GF, and then two years later tore apart the '11 GF in one of the most dominant displays we've seen from a key forward in a final for a long time. He can do it, the whole team just lacks serious confidence these days whenever the word 'final' comes around.
Didn’t do himself any favours tonight. Maybe he can get a 2 for one appointment with Scott’s psychologist. Come to think of it perhaps half the team can get a bulk discount.

He kicked as badly that day as he did tonight and was lucky he had a team around him that was able to make up for it. Since then he has done 3 fifths of fu** all.

Well I guess drop him then? Get Jenkins or Sav in.

I dunno. His kicking was awful tonight but he was at least presenting, taking marks, etc. He almost single-handedly won us a final against North after the rest of the team had gone to water. I don't know what 2011 GF you watched where you feel the rest of the team made up for his errors. I understand being disappointed with his performance tonight (that snap shot infuriated me) but let's not get overzealous in pot-shotting a guy who has been our best player all year and best forward for a decade.

So when do we start calling him home and away Tom?
He kicked poorly tonight no doubt but 2 kicks from 45 on the fance are far from easy. The rest are fair game.

But geez the sooky lah lah overreaction is a bit much.

But hey..you gotta get out and if thats the way you need to express it... hack away.

GO Catters

He kicked poorly tonight no doubt but 2 kicks from 45 on the fance are far from easy. The rest are fair game.

But hey..you gotta get out and if thats the way you need to express it... hack away.

GO Catters

The issue I had isn't so much that he missed those shots, it's that after only 2 or 3 misses, and as you say not easy misses either, he completely let it effect him mentally. That left foot snap off 1 step was a bloke afraid of taking a set shot.
To me it really showed a lack of leadership and composure from a guy who should be setting the example for both. It was poor, he should be embarrassed by his performance and I have no doubt he will be.

GO Catters
In the last two qualifying finals he has kicked 0 goals and 9 behinds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters incident isn't even cited, yet they call out Tom.
Can't remember it but i recall Hawk approaching Rockliff at the break and looked like Trock half angrily laughed and smiled it off...Thawk wasn't backward in approaching him between players walking off.

at 3:48 1Q, next to boundary. Hawkins handballs away, Rockcliff arms checks late a little high and hangs on, blurry as they go out of frame but it looks like Hawkins may have caught him with arm/elbow as he brushes Rockcliff away to chase the action. Wider angle shows Rockcliff reacting , Tom on knees like they got tangled up. Kolo is having his shot on goal. Rockcliff bent over with hands over nose.
IMO looked like a footy play, unlucky to catch his face. Rockcliff initiated by hanging on to impede Hawkins.

Well I guess drop him then? Get Jenkins or Sav in.

I dunno. His kicking was awful tonight but he was at least presenting, taking marks, etc. He almost single-handedly won us a final against North after the rest of the team had gone to water. I don't know what 2011 GF you watched where you feel the rest of the team made up for his errors. I understand being disappointed with his performance tonight (that snap shot infuriated me) but let's not get overzealous in pot-shotting a guy who has been our best player all year and best forward for a decade.
How funny is that, I was at the 2011 GF and I still think he deserved the Norm Smith, yet others think he was a liability. Different opinions hey.

GO Catters

Alot of this sooking is reall just venting at the most apparent target, I reckon. If everyone could just collectively scream "FOR F*CK'S SAKE!!!" and move on things would be better. After all, didn't the Mythbusters scientifically prove that an injury will keep on hurting until the victim swears really loudly?

Pain transference. It's science!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue I had isn't so much that he missed those shots, it's that after only 2 or 3 misses, and as you say not easy misses either, he completely let it effect him mentally. That left foot snap off 1 step was a bloke afraid of taking a set shot.
To me it really showed a lack of leadership and composure from a guy who should be setting the example for both. It was poor, he should be embarrassed by his performance and I have no doubt he will be.
Handball off to SJ 2011 GF same mind set after 2 poor set shots in the last quarter.The boots didn't match the hands that game either.

The snap was really disappointing, it's what he did and failed weeks earlier in the Richmond game and it killed us that game when we had all momentum.

Mooney was worse in the 2008 GF no matter how much you wanna spin it

His miss on halftime lost us the game
thats not a reasoned assessment. Its an emotional one.

mooneys miss at half time was bad. But 2 goals 3 is still not terrible. If it wasnt for mooney we would of lost by a lot more. He took 8 marks that day. 4 contested. was a one man show up foward. He was huge. I would argue his 2008 gf was almost as good as hawkins 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back