Toast Tommy Sheridan

Remove this Banner Ad

Did some stupid things today. He's not the smartest player. However, he has skills to disguise his faults.
He played pretty good overall tonight and I reckon he'll end up a 150- 200 game player for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great game. Has been steadily improving all year, and I think he still has a fair amount of improvement left in him.

Crozier needs a few games, but hopefully he can show the same improvement if played for 3-4 games.

Improving, but needs to work on core strength. Loses his footing and doesn't stand up well in contested situations.

Yep, but he does put himself in contested situations now. The two years he was here I think he was very tentative about doing that and consequently I didn't really rate him. He's improved a great deal in that respect.

He and Crozier showed something tonight.

Sheridan's biggest issue is his inability to get touches and do something meaningful with the ones he scrounges. Tonight he knew where to run, had some confidence, and made some nice passes and smart kicks when he had it in hand. That passage where he got it on the wing, maybe after a shepherd, and chipped it to Mayney when the most obvious option was one of the leads... that was a beauty to watch.

Hopefully he gets some confidence and starts taking on games. He was never unfancied by fans because he was a Clayton Hinkley-like total spud; he just seemed master of nothing. Hopefully he can impose himself and become classy and well rounded, instead of stock and vanilla.

Still lacking strength in his core, is rubbish under a high ball, but he does something good players do: He runs straight at the goals. Also has elite ability to gut run at full pace with or without the ball. Almost Swan-at-his-best like in that (unlike current, older, waddling dwarf, version of Swanny. Still a good player mind)

He and Crozier showed something tonight.

Sheridan's biggest issue is his inability to get touches and do something meaningful with the ones he scrounges. Tonight he knew where to run, had some confidence, and made some nice passes and smart kicks when he had it in hand. That passage where he got it on the wing, maybe after a shepherd, and chipped it to Mayney when the most obvious option was one of the leads... that was a beauty to watch.

Hopefully he gets some confidence and starts taking on games. He was never unfancied by fans because he was a Clayton Hinkley-like total spud; he just seemed master of nothing. Hopefully he can impose himself and become classy and well rounded, instead of stock and vanilla.

I think he's still a bit vanilla, but players getting themselves into the game I like to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Showed what he is capable of tonight - running. He's an exceptional gut runner and looks great with the ball in hand.

His kicking and decision making however are both pretty average - loves a howler and putting a teammate under the pump. Hopefully that's just nerves and he improves in these areas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back