Competitions Tontine Tipping Comp - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

On the last bit there, don't you have to set a time on this, like the odds as set on Thursday when teams are announced, or Monday 5pm or something? I mean, the Freo - Hawks game is a good example. If Hodge and Mitchell are named and play, I reckon the odds are going to swing back and by Friday morning we could have Freo going in as underdogs. So we could have people picking both teams and both on track for immunity.

Maybe that's deliberate and what you want, if so, carry on. But, on face value, it seems a bit wiered to me and means people can 'play the system' a bit which is not in the spirit of these things.

Or maybe I've missed something all together, in which case. :oops::rainbow:

I wonder what others think about this.

Personally, regardless of who enters favourite, the odds will be super close. So if anyone selects one or the other, they are taking a risk by picking arguably the most line-ball game of the weekend.

Because people need flexibility, I don't want to restrict people to tipping just before the round starts (which would potentially happen if I lock the odds at Thursday night/Friday morning). As such, underdog status any time during the week is my preference.

What do you, and others, think about this?

Was going to go Freo as underdog but am spooked now, even though I think we are a big chance. So Richmond please.

Comparing odds with tipping percentages, there are some clear discrepancies this weekend:

GC v Bris: GC on about 83%; but odds of $1.61 imply 62%
Coll v Geel: Geel on about 82%, with odds implying ~62%
NM v PA: PA on around 73%, with odds implying ~57%
Ess v Carl: Essendon on around 87%, with odds implying ~63%

Some potential value in tipping against the grain in some of these! (NOTE: This is more for normal tipping, than for Tontine)

So samFFC, if I tip Hawthorn now, do I get the immunity trigger too, or do I have to tip them when the odds were against them like Seppo did ... the sly fox, did he know something the rest of us didn't. ;)

If you tip Hawthorn you'll be leaving the competition so it doesn't really matter. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So samFFC, if I tip Hawthorn now, do I get the immunity trigger too, or do I have to tip them when the odds were against them like Seppo did ... the sly fox, did he know something the rest of us didn't. ;)

As previously said, you would be eligible for immunity. We can't all be as psychic as Seppo - so this rule exists for us mere mortals :)

I will put my faith in the Port Adelaide football club this week Sam. I believe they will roll Brent Harvey's mob of pansies with their exciting brand of run 'n' stun footy. Go Power!

Okay, with that - all tips are in! Still time to change your tip if you wish - but you have <24 hours! :)

bone2468 Port Adelaide
Caterina Richmond
cbint7 Fremantle
estibador Essendon
Freeeoo GWS
freo84 Essendon
go_the_dockers Richmond
leungtl GWS
mattis117 Essendon
Okinakashi Essendon
PantaloonRazorblade GWS
PapaJ Essendon
Pavs_Risotto Richmond
pavsbootlace Port Adelaide
samFFC Richmond
Seppo Hawthorn
tants GWS
thefreodockers Essendon
yoong Fremantle
shiny_on_top Richmond

Some stats for this round (if tips stay as current):

5 games currently represented, with the tips falling as follows:

Freo v Hawthorn has 3 tips (2 Freo, 1 Haw)
Rich 5
GWS 4
Port 2
Essendon 6

At least 1 player will have immunity after this round, unless the Freo v Hawthorn game is a draw (could happen!)

There are tipsters for each of the 3 days of this round, but the majority (12) are tipping in a game on Sunday! Could be a long, nailbiting weekend, and I'm glad we will have Tontine interest through to the end of Sunday night!

Good luck to all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back