Mega Thread Tony Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Vote for the man with the ahhh um two not bad looking daughters"

For a Rhode Scholar my god he is good at sounding like an idiot.
He was groomed as a schoolboy by political Catholics. The Rhodes Scholar thing doesn't surprise me when you have that sort of backing from a very young age.

Did he really say that ?

I wonder if the ugly daughter will vote for him after that. Big mistake

I detest Abbott and wouldn't be particularly upset if he were gunned down tomorrow but I don't see anything wrong with that clip. It was for Big Brother ffs. He wasn't addressing the US Senate or a visiting gaggle of diplomats. And it is clearly true that his daughters 'aren't bad-looking'. And if the peanuts who populate the Big Brother house are as clueless as they were back when I watched the show ten years ago, that is probably the best pitch Abbott could make to win their votes.

he got the rhodes scholarship cos he was good at union. and they always put forward a candidate at sydney uni rugby. my auntie taught him at law faculty, arrogant pr!ck, but not the smartest cadre

Is Tony's real name 'Anthony' or is it legitimately 'Tony'

?

I have an Uncle Tony that we all call Tony but the name that is on all of his bills is Anthony....

Tony Modra's real name is also Anthony...

Anthony Abbott would be an interesting name if it is his real name

I detest Abbott and wouldn't be particularly upset if he were gunned down tomorrow but I don't see anything wrong with that clip. It was for Big Brother ffs. He wasn't addressing the US Senate or a visiting gaggle of diplomats. And it is clearly true that his daughters 'aren't bad-looking'. And if the peanuts who populate the Big Brother house are as clueless as they were back when I watched the show ten years ago, that is probably the best pitch Abbott could make to win their votes.

Theyre probably even stupider

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You desperadoes are clinging at anything you can find against Tony. It's embarrassing. Just be thankful that Australia's worst government in history will be removed in a few days.

There's no need to cling to anything, Tony keeps throwing out all sorts of gems exposing him for being a detestable excuse for a human being

I detest Abbott and wouldn't be particularly upset if he were gunned down tomorrow but I don't see anything wrong with that clip.

What has he ever done to deserve being shot?

It's not like he's a vile self entitlted type like Rudd.

There's no need to cling to anything, Tony keeps throwing out all sorts of gems exposing him for being a detestable excuse for a human being

And what do you think of Rudd?

Rudd treats other humans like pieces of s**t daily.

I would say someone having a joke on big brother would constitute you clinging to something.

Don't let blind idolatry prevent you from seeing legitimate criticisms.

I'll be going to Germany next year to see a close friend marry her female partner of many years, because they can't do it here. Guess which ignorant old man called that a fad only a week or two ago? No, not the even more ignorant and older man who called it wrong and detrimental to children today while out campaigning for the former.

You desperadoes are clinging at anything you can find against Tony.
What sort of like the entire Murdoch press has against Labor? You certainly appeared to have swallowed their shite hook line and sinker.

For what it's worth I think Labor are fairly hopeless too and as a 30yo have voted for them once in my life and am not about to add to it. The Coalition has more politicians I personally like. Doesn't make Abbot any less of an embarrassing dick head.

Don't let blind idolatry prevent you from seeing legitimate criticisms.

I'll be going to Germany next year to see a close friend marry her female partner of many years, because they can't do it here. Guess which ignorant old man called that a fad only a week or two ago? No, not the even more ignorant and older man who called it wrong and detrimental to children today while out campaigning for the former.
What did Abbott call a 'fad' exactly?

My understanding was that he was referring to popular sentiment being for gay marriage. By historical standards, it is unusual that the majority of people support it, and there is every chance that at some point in the future, public sentiment will again be against it.

I don't think he was suggesting that homosexuality is a fad.

What did Abbott call a 'fad' exactly?

My understanding was that he was referring to popular sentiment being for gay marriage. By historical standards, it is unusual that the majority of people support it, and there is every chance that at some point in the future, public sentiment will again be against it.

I don't think he was suggesting that homosexuality is a fad.

He called gay marriage a fad, plain and simple. Anything else is just recovery spin, not to mention your "by historical standards" argument is completely absurd, because we don't ban things just because "everyone has always been in favour of it before, so being against it now can't be right"

He called gay marriage a fad, plain and simple. Anything else is just recovery spin, not to mention your "by historical standards" argument is completely absurd, because we don't ban things just because "everyone has always been in favour of it before, so being against it now can't be right"
I don't think your mind is open enough to engage with the simple point I tried to make.

Let me be clear: I am for marriage equality. Very for it. I was in the Qanda audience on Monday night*, not more than ten metres from the fool who stood up and outed himself as an ignorant bigot (i.e. Pastor Stooge). For the first time since 2007, I was genuinely impressed by how Rudd responded to a question.

But the reality is that it is historically an anomaly that we find ourselves in a society in which the majority of people are for marriage equality. The arguments for equality haven't gotten any stronger over time, but we now find ourselves with more people holding the position that gay people should be allowed to get married. To some people, like Abbott, this makes it something like a 'fad'. I personally think (and hope) it will prove to be more of a trend than a fad, but only time will tell us for sure.

In the meantime, I don't see the use in getting angry at Abbott for sharing his view on it. At least the campaigner is honest enough to stick to his real position.

*No, I didn't get to ask the question I submitted. Yes, my question was about the obvious benefits to society of legalising marijauana and whether Rudd thought there was any chance we might follow Uruguay/Colorado/Washington's lead and make drug policy based on facts rather than fear. No, I wasn't surprised they didn't let me ask my question. Yes, I did get some screen-time. I'm the dude with a beard and a long hair if anybody cares to look for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back