too late at night. for me and the kids go to sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
I missed the southsv easts game. thought it was on in the afternoon liketaradition.

Missed the dogs ve panthers cause I thought it was in the arvo like tradition.

Nowi find out the GF if late sunday night and my kids will be sleeping by the time its on.

is the NRL trying to kill itself?

Im Mnaly supporter....missed all their games. missed al the finals I wanted to watch. not on the arvos anymore. kids sleeping. adults confused. sux.

Ummm, if you missed those games I'd suggest you were probably focused on something else, or simply don't care enough.
This

Nothing wrong with Friday and Saturday night matches. No school the next day, no work for most the next day, what's the problem? The day after the NRL grand final is always the annual Labor day holiday in NSW and ACT at least, so I cannot see any issue with that scheduling.

If you want to complain about Monday and Thursday night matches in particular, you have my support.

Agreed. Still would much rather see a Saturday or Sunday Final played in daylight (and hopefully sunshine!) than under floodlights. though.

I know you all complain about Channel Nine, but from a European perspective Aussie sports fans look very well catered for on TV. All the big games are on live and in this day and age of hard-drive TV recorders and the likes, there isn't really an excuse for 'missing' anything on TV.

I missed the southsv easts game. thought it was on in the afternoon liketaradition.

Missed the dogs ve panthers cause I thought it was in the arvo like tradition.

Nowi find out the GF if late sunday night and my kids will be sleeping by the time its on.

is the NRL trying to kill itself?

Im Mnaly supporter....missed all their games. missed al the finals I wanted to watch. not on the arvos anymore. kids sleeping. adults confused. sux.
A poor attempt at trolling.

Honestly this has got to be the most stupidest time slot to put a major sporting event on.

I thought they want to try and expand the game? Instead they are catering to NSW and ACT ONLY and even then Sunday night is just a terrible time to put on a game of this caliber.

The stupidity astounds me don't these guys want to promote their game and make money??

It's a frigging massive day for the code. Prime time viewing across the nation. The NRL Grand Final, Holden Cup GF, and now a Inter State Champion v Champion game. Public holidays in NSW and QLD on Monday too.

The only supporters of the code it really hurts are the Kiwis. Yea it could've been on earlier, but I'll still be in bed by 10 because you can be sure 9 Melbourne will cut away from the coverage, so not all bad.

Honestly this has got to be the most stupidest time slot to put a major sporting event on.
Madness to put it on during prime time when people are watching TV. Should be on in the daytime when people are out and about.

Wait what?

Game finished before 10pm. If your kids can't stay up occasionally they're too young to have meaningful memories of the game anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back