FTA-TV Top Gear UK Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Top Gear

jimmy_clement#8 said:
monday's episode seems to be season 6, episode 1. its a good one, yet i reckon sbs will cut out the cool wall segment. top gear is a rippin show, ill be getting season 8, epi 6 as soon as i can, its been a long world cup break.

Yeah they did that in the episodes aired late last year, but then again SBS only have 55 mins for a 59 min program.

Refried Noodle said:
Yeah they did that in the episodes aired late last year, but then again SBS only have 55 mins for a 59 min program.
often theyll cut out the news, unless there is a cool wall or something like when they had the greatest driving song comp in which theyll cut that out instead. doesnt matter coz ive seen every episode from series 5 up anyway.

JUBJUB said:
Damon Hill has been mentioned as 'The Stig' and he has never actually denied it.

Jimmy Carr, when he did a tour recentley said that now that he has a contract with Channel 4, he can say that the first time he went on Top Gear and broke the record, it was Damon Hill that was the stig. But, then why would Damon Hill have a different time in the Liana to the Stig. One of the world's great mysteries that may never be solved.

jimmy_clement#8 said:
Jimmy Carr, when he did a tour recentley said that now that he has a contract with Channel 4, he can say that the first time he went on Top Gear and broke the record, it was Damon Hill that was the stig. But, then why would Damon Hill have a different time in the Liana to the Stig. One of the world's great mysteries that may never be solved.

Damon Hill had a terrible time when he did his lap (nigel mansell was outstanding and mark webber did really well in wet conditions)

In hindsight maybe Hill was going slow on purpose so that they wouldn't suspect that he was the stig, but then again who knows >,>

I have seen a few here and there but dont dedicate enough time to tv watching

Saw a Christmas show where they played around with snow and ice. The soccer on ice , nah thats right it was the Winter Olympics show. They did the ski jump with a mini and then some guy on a skidoo did it..crazy fun stuff :thumbsu:

PerthCrow said:
I have seen a few here and there but dont dedicate enough time to tv watching

Saw a Christmas show where they played around with snow and ice. The soccer on ice , nah thats right it was the Winter Olympics show. They did the ski jump with a mini and then some guy on a skidoo did it..crazy fun stuff :thumbsu:

Car Ice Hockey

Mini Ski Jump

For anyone whose keeping up with the current episodes, the most recent one is an absolute ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dice Man said:
How good was that Car soccer match in last nights episode?

That would be awesome as a serious sport. A cross between smash-em up derbies and soccer:thumbsu:

I watched an episode on BBC World [Foxtel] on saturday night and that's from the next series [recently aired in the UK].They have another soccer match in different small cars.It's just as funny.

The tank v 4WD drive battle was good.

JUBJUB said:
I watched an episode on BBC World [Foxtel] on saturday night and that's from the next series [recently aired in the UK].They have another soccer match in different small cars.It's just as funny.

The tank v 4WD drive battle was good.

The Tank battle was good. I loved it how he thought he'd out-foxed the tank by going backwards and then into the woods, then the Tank just releases its smokescreen.

Those guys have one of the best jobs in the world!

The Dice Man said:
The Tank battle was good. I loved it how he thought he'd out-foxed the tank by going backwards and then into the woods, then the Tank just releases its smokescreen.

Those guys have one of the best jobs in the world!

You would have to be Hugh Heffner to have it better.

Funny show last night.

The Jag surprised me, and I half expected the Starion to be the pocket rocket, as they did well in local production car racing years ago.

Painful to watch these cars trying to get over the old 100 mph mark. That really surprised me, actually. Even more of a surprise was the old Jag! Hell, never thought it would still be capable of 240 kmh :eek:

Clark Kent said:
Painful to watch these cars trying to get over the old 100 mph mark. That really surprised me, actually. Even more of a surprise was the old Jag! Hell, never thought it would still be capable of 240 kmh :eek:

I picked it ;) no substitute for cubic inches

figured it'd be slower up the hill though

This week I've been downloading episodes of the current series that is airing in England.I've come across the funniest thing I've ever seen on Top Gear.The 3 guys have to each build an Amphibious Car [runs on water and road].

Click here and you can read about the episode.

Bloody SBS aren't showing the celebrity laps.Some of them are hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back