Tour de France 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Most aggressive - Michael Matthews:confused:

Most courageous certainly, with his injuries, but most aggressive? I would have given it to the guy who was off the front for over a hundred k today.

That's one award been all over the shop this tour.

Does anyone else think that Cav may have shed a bit too much muscle in order to up his endurance levels?

Seems to be staying with the peloton with relative ease in these flat stages, something he's been criticised for in the past, but struggling to power away from his opponents as he used to. Thought he looked the goods leading into the tour, nice to see other riders putting in good sprints but he'd be pretty disappointed with the results so far.

Does anyone else think that Cav may have shed a bit too much muscle in order to up his endurance levels?

Seems to be staying with the peloton with relative ease in these flat stages, something he's been criticised for in the past, but struggling to power away from his opponents as he used to. Thought he looked the goods leading into the tour, nice to see other riders putting in good sprints but he'd be pretty disappointed with the results so far.
Possibly. But tbh, I think he has just got his timing wrong in both sprints. Hit the lead way too early both times.

I think he's just not in form. It happens. You can't expect somebody to be at their peak forever.

Still he isn't that old and can hit his peak once again with the right training and discipline.

I wouldn't bet on him at all again this tour. Bookies will probably have him a bit longer for the sprints now.

Do people actually want Cav to win???? o_O
He's a great cyclist and knows how to sprint. I'd rather see an in form Cav than an out of form one for sure.

Though I must admit I love Greipel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stage 6: Abbeville - Le Havre
Winds wreaked havoc again last night with a bunch of riders losing chunks of time. This time though, no one important in GC terms got caught out. Greipel won the bunch sprint with a bit of debate now surrounding Cav. Is he out of form? Is he too light? Can he just not win without the best lead out train in the world as he had at HTC? (though most of that team is now at Etixx). It was unfortunate to see Nacer Bouhanni pull out. He looked like he was gaining decent form. Maybe he will just end up being one of those sprinters that never fires a shot at Le Tour.

Current Jersey Leaders
Yellow:
Tony Martin (EQS)
White: Peter Sagan (TCS)
Green: Andre Greipel (LTS)
Polkadot: Joachim Rodriguez (KAT)
Lantern Rouge: Michael Matthews (OGE)
Team: BMC

carte.pdf

PROFIL.png

• Km 72.0 - Côte de Dieppe1.8 kilometre-long climb at 4% - category 4
  • Km 77.5 - Côte de Pourville-sur-Mer2 kilometre-long climb at 4.5% - category 4
  • Km 162.0 - Côte du Tilleul1.6 kilometre-long climb at 5.6% - category 4
  • PROFILKMS.png
Tonight we have a nice, lumpy course with barely a flat spot to be seen. Unfortunately for the sprinters, the final kilometre packs a "climb" (un rated though) at 7% gradient. This will be too much for the likes of Cav probably Greipel too and I'd say Demare (though he hasn't figured in the finishes anyway) and Coquard will struggle too. If Sagan is going to win a stage, this will be it. The climb is too short for the likes of Valverde to give it a real crack and break Sagan. My tip for tonight is obviously Peter Sagan.

One thing to pay attention to though is that the last 60km of the race is run down the coast. With the possibility of wind coming across the coast, we could see splits happening once again. Unfortunately, given I have tipped it to happen, it most likely won't, so sorry folks :)

Most aggressive - Michael Matthews:confused:

Most courageous certainly, with his injuries, but most aggressive? I would have given it to the guy who was off the front for over a hundred k today.

That's one award been all over the shop this tour.
It's real name is the combativity award - the rider who has fought and showed the spirit of the TdF of that particular day.

Usually it is indeed the most aggressive, or someone that goes on a long break. I liked that they gave it to Matthews last night, on a proud day for the Aussie cyclists and with news coming out that he has two fractures to his ribs.

It's real name is the combativity award - the rider who has fought and showed the spirit of the TdF of that particular day.

Usually it is indeed the most aggressive, or someone that goes on a long break. I liked that they gave it to Matthews last night, on a proud day for the Aussie cyclists and with news coming out that he has two fractures to his ribs.

Fair enough. The SBS App calls it "aggressive rider" so I took it from there. Combativity is definitely different to aggressiveness. As I said, never questioned his courage (maybe his sanity) but not his courage. And I'm pleased to see him recognised for it.

SBS needs to change their Tour Tracker App.

Think he's in Australia.
Not so sure. I know in the past he was in France. He used to do the pre-Phil & Paul commentary for all of the networks taking their feed. Whether that's still true in 2015 is another matter.

Agree he could do with an offsider. Dave Mackenzie is not the answer though - we found that out at the Giro, where Macca had nothing to offer of his own. It was like I was listening to the 12th Man "Wired World of Sports" segment, where Chappelli is accused of repeating everything that Mike said.

Too early. They usually wait until they've got about 10-12 breeds of cows under their belts, so they can put together a decent montage. Usually happens in the 3rd week of the tour.
Sigh...... I know. I just always look forward to is so much!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back