Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romain Bardet (FRA/DSM)

• Aleksandr Vlasov (RUS/BOH)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that only 3 guys are within 10 minutes of him is insane.

Also if Ciccone wins all the KOM points tomorrow he can't be passed

Vingegaard has only looked vulnerable the day after burying himself. He pushed too hard to pull back Hindley and then cracked on the final climb the next day.

UAE have to push with everything they've got tonight, hope he over extended himself last night and that it gives Pog a chance to break him on the final climb and claw something back.

Vingegaard has only looked vulnerable the day after burying himself. He pushed too hard to pull back Hindley and then cracked on the final climb the next day.

UAE have to push with everything they've got tonight, hope he over extended himself last night and that it gives Pog a chance to break him on the final climb and claw something back.
Just hope the break goes. Ciccone deserves the polka dots, if he crests all of them in first he's unassailable.

Race for 3rd still open for me. Jai probably doesn't get there. Bilbao riding well, as is Rodriguez.

I knew I shouldn't have gone to bed at 1am...

The stage will be a great challenge, with more than 5,000 metres of vertical gain to deal with or exploit across the day. The finale will feature the Tour’s second visit to the impressive Col de la Loze, then plunge into Courchevel, where the final battle will take place on the altiport’s 18% runway.

17 map.jpg
17 profile.jpg

I don't think Jonas lost time for over-extending on the Hindley stage. I think he lost time the next day because he wanted to completely end Pog, and as a result did too much work in sections that still had significant draft benefit. Think Pog's best chance is for it to be as easy as possible tomorrow, see if he can attack late on Loze, and then go all in for an assault on Saturday.

I don't think Jonas lost time for over-extending on the Hindley stage. I think he lost time the next day because he wanted to completely end Pog, and as a result did too much work in sections that still had significant draft benefit. Think Pog's best chance is for it to be as easy as possible tomorrow, see if he can attack late on Loze, and then go all in for an assault on Saturday.
Nah, won't work. Has to be constant attacks tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great ride and result for Gall. Has been brilliant this tour. Not surprised by the method and execution from Jumbo and Jonas, the only surprise is how bad a day Pog had.

Great ride and result for Gall. Has been brilliant this tour. Not surprised by the method and execution from Jumbo and Jonas, the only surprise is how bad a day Pog had.
Yep. It's why thoughts of Pog making huge attacks last night were always fanciful. There is a clear template for how Jonas and Jumbo can defeat Pog. The fact is Jonas is just clearly better when the pace is high on huge mountain stages, particularly at high altitude:
Ventoux 2021
Grannon 2022
Hautacam 2022
Loze 2023

Could even add Loze 2020 to that also.

Yep. It's why thoughts of Pog making huge attacks last night were always fanciful. There is a clear template for how Jonas and Jumbo can defeat Pog. The fact is Jonas is just clearly better when the pace is high on huge mountain stages, particularly at high altitude:
Ventoux 2021
Grannon 2022
Hautacam 2022
Loze 2023

Could even add Loze 2020 to that also.

Pog has himself said he dislikes the heat, which is probably been more of a factor than the high altitude in all those stages.

Pog has himself said he dislikes the heat, which is probably been more of a factor than the high altitude in all those stages.
Yep that's fair. heat and long climbs (which more likely end at altitude anyway) more likely the issue rather than altitude specifically.

Back