Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romain Bardet (FRA/DSM)

• Aleksandr Vlasov (RUS/BOH)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the motorbike problem. Crowd's fault there. Should be barriers all the way up to 1km to go of anything too.

Clear cut top 2, clear cut 3-5, clear cut 6-10 now.

Thought we might have more answers after today but don’t think we got any closer to knowing who wins this. On paper Pog would be happy not losing time on a stage like this given JV threw everything at it. His attack was brutal but Jonas rode smarter then he has before to not fully respond, and I get the feeling Pog couldn’t have ridden a solid tempo much longer if Jonas rolled through those last 2 km. Was then a mistake by Pog to pace on the descent.

Thought we might have more answers after today but don’t think we got any closer to knowing who wins this. On paper Pog would be happy not losing time on a stage like this given JV threw everything at it. His attack was brutal but Jonas rode smarter then he has before to not fully respond, and I get the feeling Pog couldn’t have ridden a solid tempo much longer if Jonas rolled through those last 2 km. Was then a mistake by Pog to pace on the descent.
He had no choice. After losing the KOM bonus seconds he needed the 10 seconds in bonus.

Really hoping QuickStep take Remco here next year. We need the three to duke it out.

He had no choice. After losing the KOM bonus seconds he needed the 10 seconds in bonus.

Really hoping QuickStep take Remco here next year. We need the three to duke it out.
If he catches Rodriguez the difference is only 2 seconds from what it ended up because Jonas would finish second. As a fan it’s great to watch but over the 3 weeks every bit of effort adds up and there’s 3 seriously important days that follow this. He could’ve sat up, let Yates lead them in and essentially got the same result.

There's is obviously more to the story about him getting in the car yesterday. It kinda Sylvan Adams/Froome like stuff where the boss is saying, yeah you're contracted but we don't you.

When had a sook last year about Pogacar attacking too much and not allowing him to rejoin the bunch he marked his own card.

At the end of a demanding weekend, the stage is set for a crucial battle between the contenders. This particularly undulating route through Haute-Savoie will take the riders over the Col de la Forclaz de Montmin, then to the Croix Fry and the Aravis passes. The most impactful blows will probably be delivered on the final climb to Le Bettex in the Amerands climb, where some sections touch 17% gradient.

15 map.jpg
15 profile.jpg

Always does, has done for a couple of years now. Weird that the UCI allows it given their stance on uniforms. I think Pidcock used to as well.
I agree that it's weird the UCI allows it - which is why I questioned it in the first place.

God knows there are enough variations already - with all of the National Champion jersey (plus World/European/African champions), plus all of the race-related uniform variations (yellow helmets, gold numbers, green/yellow/white/polka dot jerseys). Why they would allow a private sponsorship uniform change is entirely beyond me.

I think he defended on the descent by riding on the front because he knew Jonas can gap him downhill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he defended on the descent by riding on the front because he knew Jonas can gap him downhill.
That’s a good point. I was a little surprised Jonas didn’t push the descent himself but not sure he had much left in the legs by that point.

If this gap doesn’t change much tonight or in the TT there is a bit of concern what could happen to them if they send it down the descent on Col del la Loze. Both of them went near enough to disaster on descents last year.

Anyone apart from me have a crush on Gracie Elvin? No? Cool
I like Bridie O'Donnell, the collingwood support aside.

Well that's curtains for Hindley's podium chances. Even more disappointing is Simon Yates who with no crashes is getting outridden by his brother who isn't even the team leader. UAE's got them on the good stuff.

Strange finish. Pog really looked to be in some trouble and his attack lacked his usual punch when he did finally go. Did Jonas not have the legs to test him or did Yates/Soler ahead put him off. Maybe he thought the effort wasn’t worth it for a handful of seconds given how important the next two stages are. Riveting battle.

I don't know what to make of that stage, some massive mind games on play at the finish. The TT will be epic. Soler's ride is massively under-rated and something UAE should have done from stage 1, don't let WVA up the road by himself and attacking him when the gap to the main contenders was there took him out of being any help to Jonas.

Ineos come on down.

Ineos the obvious candidates but someone like Lidl Trek or Movistar could be good fits as well. Obviously I'd love Jayco to chase it but we probably don't have the space.

Back