TPFP closed :(

Remove this Banner Ad

really?

The Power From Port was a(nother) Port Adelaide website and forum.. I liked it, I used to post there when I was younger, 5+ years ago, I found myself randomly banned and came here, then later found out 'the story' from many here who migrated over, about how they instantly ban you for having a brain or something. I can't remember much about their reasons, I think because they weren't very good, I think I was asking why you can't talk about other forums because they had that as a big rule? Something like that rings a bell. Others here know more.

They had some great classic archive threads I would mainly use that forum for, scrolling through great black and white photos of Adelaide Oval with black and white floggers way around the ground and other cool ideas we could possibly implement, if someone had those photos on a hard drive somewhere...

Thanx for that. Am a babyboomer new to the footy online world. Catching up as fast as I can tho.
Its great to be, in on, sites with posters that really know the game sharing their thoughts,knowledge n passion. :D.

What a shame. I had used the forum on and off for the past seven years until I found this one. Never realised that it was that hard to keep the site maintained and up-to-date (equally shocked to hear about the stress/health issues it caused the site's owner).

Overall the site sometimes felt a bit draconian in its rules, and gave off an unwelcoming feel at times. I think a few pointed out on the TPFP forum that people no longer returned or used the forum because of these sorts of reasons.

There were some fantastic threads in there for sure about ex-players, our history, premierships, and some undocumented things about Port Adelaide that only the fans would remember or know about.

Kind of wished they left it up another week so people could login and post a few comments or farewell, but given the circumstances maybe best it was done sooner rather than later.

It's pointless having an awesome repository of knowledge if you're going to blacklist everyone that has their own opinion.

This is a classic example of an owner not letting go of control and delegating responsibility to admins/moderators to manage the day to day running of the site.

I'm not sad TPFP has closed. They guillotined more people than the French. It's disappointing for their user base but the site has been running under a false economy for some time.

Hopefully Vi can now rest and get well soon.

Its sad that its closed down.

I hope Vi is ok. But I agree with Forza. Why she/they just wouldnt relinquish a bit of control and allow some of the many decent people who post there help run the site I dont know.

It goes without saying that I hope a number of posters from there choose to migrate and join our community here. I wouldnt be surprised if TPFP bobbed up again at some point in the future.

Last edited:
I can't imagine the workload Vi must have taken on setting up and running the site, I can understand how it would take a toll on someone's health. Maybe a rest and recharge will see the forum back in some form in the future as Macca said.

Whilst there are queries on some administrative decisions made it was still a discussion forum for Port supporters with some very good contributors, discussion and information.

Very sad. I think I got a 24 hour ban when I first joined there for explaining the finer points to an established member, about why a Port supporter should never support the crows in a finals campaign just because they are based in SA. Thats when I first joined here, it was within days of each other. Vi probably had more than good reason to permanently ban me several times but never did, though I am sure I would have frustrated her at times. You don't post over 10,000 posts somewhere without developing friendships....and enemyships as well. I am actually very sad, but it would have been an emotional toll on Vi running the site, I hope she can now enjoy some free time with hubby, Djay and their grandchildren. Thanks for providing a home away from home for many years Vi :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They banned me for two years for posting a training photo of their site on this forum lol I stopped using their site when they stopped posting news articles on the home page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was banned once for suggesting that if they were going to be holier than thou about people taking stuff from their site they should come down on people who took info from BigFooty back to their boards. I guess I asked for that! :D

Sad to see it go, I've been a member of TPFP since 2004 and had no problems but a lot of fun and I will miss the daily chat, wish Vi all the best with the future.

Both clubs show an interest in nearly all ex SA players coming home just to keep the other mob paying as much as they can, however the need for a type of player usually means one club will pay more to get their target..:eek:
Good to see you here Corby, hopefully a few more of the regulars find their way across after the sudden closure of TPFP :(

What sort of thing gets you banned at this site?

I'll let you know when you do it. ;)

Anyone called Grave Danger with an avatar of the great man gets some leeway from me though.

It's a shame. Hopefully a lot of the better posters from their migrate over, and I hope that if they still want the site running they are able to get it back up one day. If you're reading this, thanks for all your fantastic work over the years Vi and Mark.

I've said the same thing to them there that I will here. Their hearts were always in the right place and the worked tirelessly, but they ruled with an iron fist when it came to specific rule breaks as mentioned here, but fiddled as Rome burned in terms of allowing people who weren't technically breaking rules to ruin the culture of the place (*cough* Wingates etc)

I'd love to see Tredrea5889 post here if he isn't already under a different name. He was by far and away my favourite poster there when I was there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back