Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Naughton with an 8 year contract extension xD

Well guess people were right about the BnF being a night of good news reveals, so far at least.

Naughton sealed for the rest of his career as a Bulldog. Will make many on here happy.
Hopefully its not on insane coin though, that it won't impact us having a good team around him. Seen a few players go to s**t once they signed a mega deal.

IDK. Guys.

This makes my post on the matter from earlier today both redundant and eerily prescient at the same time.

Anyways...I suspect that this will be the first of a few shoes to drop.

8 years. Missed it by 1.

Its quite the gamble by the club on a player who plays such a high impact game.

Last edited:

8 from now or 8 on top of his contract already in place for next year?
9 in total.

Though some may disagree long term.deals for JUH, English, Bont and Darcy and the base is there for some competent list management and coaching

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks OG, can always rely on you

Interesting numbers and backs up what I was saying - Treloar more forward, Baz more wing less time forward.

Would love to see how that compares to the last two years but it seems we’ve really moved away from that mix and I’d love to know why? We had things very right in 2021 and now we’ve lost a full rotation in Dunks & we still cannot get it right at all.

Here is how we went in the centre over 2021-2023 (minimum 20 CBAs)...

2021W.png

2022W.png

2023W.png

From a pure numbers perspective, the most obvious swap has been Treloar for Macrae. Treloar was averaging 35% in CBAs over 21-22 and that more than doubled in 23, whereas Macrae was averaging around 70% in 21-22 and is now back to 35%. Both have maintained their respective centre bounce clearance rate with Macrae at 13% and Treloar at 9% but given the sheer number of CBAs for Treloar this year, we'd want that number closer to 15%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 from now or 8 on top of his contract already in place for next year? I'm not a fan of that, as much as I love that he's staying on.
Have you seen the state of contract lengths around the league this season? This is the new normal.

Offered 10 at eyewatering amounts, takes 8 at....? We've obviously got other aspects to it I'd suggest, so the actual $$$ may be less, but surely there's an offset of sorts.

But 8 - no one on here or in the media called that.

Sam Power tight-lipped as always!

🔴⚪🔵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back