Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give up pick 50 for Lowden or Membrey in a heart beat.

Would take Membrey personally, then send Howlett and our 4th rounder to West Coast in exchange for Sinclair and their 2nd rounder

We'd run off like bandits with that trade.
I know right, and the best bit is because Sinclair is a rookie listed player we'd probably still be getting unders in return (senior listed players are worth much more than rookie listed ones especially if they're currently best 22).

I know right, and the best bit is because Sinclair is a rookie listed player we'd probably still be getting unders in return (senior listed players are worth much more than rookie listed ones especially if they're currently best 22).

I think he also recently signed a 2 year deal as well?

Ill take Garlett... But if he is on the lead 5m clear of anyone and ducks his head and the ball goes through his hands ill ask for Jetta back lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'm all for Jeff if the deal isn't too expensive. He can be a damaging and opportunistic small forward which we've lacked for far too long. He's not the answer to our small forward woes and issues, but he'll fill a gap for a while in the meantime.

Yeah, I'm all for Jeff if the deal isn't too expensive. He can be a damaging and opportunistic small forward which we've lacked for far too long. He's not the answer to our small forward woes and issues, but he'll fill a gap for a while in the meantime.

Jeffy at his best is capable of 40 plus goals a year, that would have won our goalkicking for the last few years.

Didnt we draft Buckets and Travis with the picks out of that deal? Hasnt turned out too bad...
We essentially traded pick 16 (which we got for Lovett), Jay Nash and pick 42 for Williams, pick 24 and pick 33. Which turned out to be Lovett and Nash (one of whom had been sacked and the other was going to be delisted) for Williams and Carlisle. We were going to take Long with 42 anyway so the upgrade means sweet FA.
Covers the ground far better than Myers and if Howlett leaves we will be lacking a tackling machine.
Not really, and Kurt Aylett averaged 11 tackles in the VFL this season.

Haven't had one since lloyd in 08 sadly

And we've had 3 in the last 20 years in Lloyd, Lucas & Hird. It's nothing short of embarrassing.

I'd give Garlett a chance if he had his off field stuff sorted.

It's easy enough to say, but the other clubs have to take it and a third round pick is not worth very much at all. Depending on where the Eagles see Sinclair in their plans and the level of interest from other clubs we might get him for that, but Lowden seems to be attracting more interest and is probably currently the better player so we'd need to offer something better, and the next lowest thing we have is #19. Obviously we'd need to get more than just Lowden for a first round pick, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did end up trading it.

Might be jumping to conclusions but does anyone else reckon that Hird will no longer be the coach after this board meeting?
Personally reckon Bomber should stay on, maybe bring in Lingy as an assistant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back