Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartley would be great depth but for mine Brown steps into the 3rd tall defender role and makes us a better more versatile side.
Hartley is just as good as Brown IMO.

Yeah but they are different style of player correct? I thought Hartley would be competing with Hooker as the gorilla FB and Brown could play Gwilts role without giving up height and athleticism to 3rd talls
Hartley is more athletic than Hooker and very similar to Brown.

I know nothing about this kid , who does he remind you of in a playing sense

Hard to find someone who he plays like, he is good inside and outside, tackles pretty well, puts his head over it and can run forward for a goal.
Just like Heppell you know he is going to be a really good player.
My personal favourite from this draft is Kieran Lovell.

Pick 12 and either swap our 4th rounder for their 2nd rounder OR swap our 3rd and 4th for their 2nd and 3rd.

Wouldn't mind if we gave Mitch Brown an opportunity too with one of our later picks (swaps mentioned above could come in handy).

Cherry on top would be a good ruck via FA.

If CArlton and Brisbane are able to offload Kreuzer and Leuny respectively via Free agency and get band one compo somehow from someone, there is every chance we could end up with pick 6 which would be farcical.

Would anyone else like to see us take an American ruck or something on the Cat-B rookie list this year? The guys that tested at the combine seemed like athletic freaks last year, we've seen with Mason Cox (Collingwod) doing well in the VFL and Jason Holmes (Saints) getting his debut last week and showing some good signs, that there is definitely potential there. And given how well Connor McKenna as been going I don't see why we shouldn't continue to look for alternative rookie picks.

If CArlton and Brisbane are able to offload Kreuzer and Leuny respectively via Free agency and get band one compo somehow from someone, there is every chance we could end up with pick 6 which would be farcical.

There is little chance that Carlton or Brisbane get band one compo for Kruezer or Leuy. Maybe if there was exodus and the compensation is combined across players but no club is going to pay a couple of injury prone ruckmen a fortune.

The media (don't ask me who precisely, because I can't remember) seemed to suggest earlier in the week that Leuenberger would not be worth Band 1 compo, and while Kreuzer could earn the Blues a Band 1 compo pick it's unlikely given his injury history, that clubs would be willing to pay him a premium salary (but you never know).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 12 and either swap our 4th rounder for their 2nd rounder OR swap our 3rd and 4th for their 2nd and 3rd.

Wouldn't mind if we gave Mitch Brown an opportunity too with one of our later picks (swaps mentioned above could come in handy).

Cherry on top would be a good ruck via FA.

Like that. Could snag us Parish and Mathieson in rd 1, then some decent ones in Rd 2 in Lovell, Brind, Partington, Milera.

Would anyone else like to see us take an American ruck or something on the Cat-B rookie list this year? The guys that tested at the combine seemed like athletic freaks last year, we've seen with Mason Cox (Collingwod) doing well in the VFL and Jason Holmes (Saints) getting his debut last week and showing some good signs, that there is definitely potential there. And given how well Connor McKenna as been going I don't see why we shouldn't continue to look for alternative rookie picks.

100% there is no reason we shouldn't. Even if we get one to turn into a 200cm key back or forward. We would be silly not to. I feel like every club is on the look out. Guys like McKenna and Cox had multiple teams to pick from. So my understanding is that it's not about picking one for the sake of it. The men at the top know the right talents.

Pick 12 +;
*2nd rounder - don't care where it is or where they get it from
*Durdin (happy to haggle over evening this up)
*Wood

Either player solves the second forward issue (Durdin handy as he can ruck if needed).
Pick 12 then = a second class mid (Parish & Mathieson?)

Or a straight swap for them folding...and ill drive Carlisle down myself.

I'd be really happy to have a Durdin on the team. Especially if his first name is Tyler..

If Carlisle is bent on leaving I bet it's better than what the Blues are offering...
It kinda depends really if he nominates a club, if he leaves I don't particularly care where he goes as long as we get fair value in return and he chooses a club that finishes above us on the ladder (i.e. so we don't have to worry about any of that PSD crap we copped from the Dogs two years ago, etc.).

It kinda depends really if he nominates a club, if he leaves I don't particularly care where he goes as long as we get fair value in return and he chooses a club that finishes above us on the ladder (i.e. so we don't have to worry about any of that PSD crap we copped from the Dogs two years ago, etc.).
Quick question, if Carlisle nominates a club do we have to trade him there? Or can we force him elsewhere?

Last edited:
Quick questions, if Carlisle nominates a club do we have to trade him there? Or can we force him elsewhere?
If he nominates a specific club, because he is out of contract then we are forced to deal with them. So lets hope that he either doesn't nominate a specific club (in which case we shop him around for the best possible return), or he nominates a side that sits above us on the ladder so that the "PSD card" can't be pulled on us.

Personally if the rumours are true that the Saints would be willing to put Pick 5/6 on the table for him, I'd hope he nominates them.

Carethers. Make it so. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back