Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really hope NOB goes but worried he will get another run. The hope for him (and the worry for me) is we can't delist everyone so some
list cloggers will survive.

NOB, Fletch, Winderlich, Chappy, Pears, Kav, Hams, Dalgleish, Kommer?

Dempsey? Melksham? Browne?

Up to 12 blokes could all be disposed of but that's not good list management, so some gumbys will
survive.

Rookies - Aylett, Stein.

Is Howlett contracted? Kommer?

Howlett and Kommer contracted until the end of 2016.

I really hope NOB goes but worried he will get another run. The hope for him (and the worry for me) is we can't delist everyone so some

Up to 12 blokes could all be disposed of but that's not good list management, so some gumbys will
survive.

Rookies - Aylett, Stein.

I'd rather give another go to guys who haven't really had a chance to show what they can do (Kav, Browne, Dalgleish) than hang onto guys we know won't be anything like Melksham and NOB. Even if they're just one year contracts, we can delist them next year.

I'd rather do that, but I know we won't.

survive.

Rookies - Aylett, Stein.

latest

Chapman, Dempsey, Fletcher, Kavanagh, Melksham, O'Brien, Pears, Winderlich all to be delisted, yes?
Kav and NOB might be worth keeping solely for depth for another year. Esp with a new coach coming onboard.
Maybe Melks gets another run. Transform into a forward pocket player that can play lockdown on HBF runner.

6 list changes probably not enough.
Dempsey, Kommer, Dalgleish, Steinberg, Aylett probably make way as well.
Hams out of contract? Another one i'd be surprised to see held on to.

Christian Bock or Lachlan McKinnon?
Where the hell is Christian Bock?
The American at St Kilda has a huge leap. If they can jump like that, learn to tap and kick, might be worth considering as a project ruck. They've travelled a long way and won't want it to be for nothing.

The way I see our midfield group going forward, in two, maybe three years?: Heppell, Laverde (more awesome with each game, very exciting), Zerrett, Myers, Colyer (rotational), Zaharakis, Parish or another drafted/traded mid. I'd like to see Browne and either NOB or Kav retained as well.
Myers and Zaharakis becoming veterans by the time Heppell, Laverde, Zerrett and Parish (?) start to dominate as a group. As much as I'd like TBell to dominate, by that time you'd have to think the game might be going past him.

There are a few I'd keep for 1 more year as you can't possibly overturn 10+ players in 1 off season can you?

In regards to melksham, I dont have too much of a problem with him staying on the list (if we could get a second rounder we should do it) but the biggest concern is that I think he should actually spend proper time in the 2s to EARN his spot.

Hopefully the new coach doesn't gift games...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a few I'd keep for 1 more year as you can't possibly overturn 10+ players in 1 off season can you?

Hird mentioned that there could be up to 10 changes to the list in one of his last pressers, so its possible.

You'd think the incoming coach would also want to de-risk from the ASADA/WADA situation outside of our untouchables, as harsh as it sounds it would be the quickest way to remove the ASADA trauma from the playing group.

Hird mentioned that there could be up to 10 changes to the list in one of his last pressers, so its possible.

You'd think the incoming coach would also want to de-risk from the ASADA/WADA situation outside of our untouchables, as harsh as it sounds it would be the quickest way to remove the ASADA trauma from the playing group.

There's still a good 17 players on our list from the original 34, with Fletcher to retire that's 16. This is the only reason why I wouldn't be overly bothered if we moved on Pears, O'Brien, Browne, Melksham and even Carlisle/Stanton with Steinberg to be delisted. Try and cut the list down to about 10-11 players to mitigate the impact of any potential suspension.

Cutting more of the of the asada effected players won't lessen the impact of suspensions, we still have the replace those players with others players who will either be not ready for AFL, or VFL standard players.

There's still a good 17 players on our list from the original 34, with Fletcher to retire that's 16. This is the only reason why I wouldn't be overly bothered if we moved on Pears, O'Brien, Browne, Melksham and even Carlisle/Stanton with Steinberg to be delisted. Try and cut the list down to about 10-11 players to mitigate the impact of any potential suspension.

I'd rather keep good or promising players and dump guys who don't warrant a spot. But that could just be me.

Cutting more of the of the asada effected players won't lessen the impact of suspensions, we still have the replace those players with others players who will either be not ready for AFL, or VFL standard players.

You are making the assumption that we can't recruit players that can step straight up to AFL standard but there a numerous examples over the last few years that we have done it, Merrett Ambrose McKernan Gwilt Laverde ect ect.

Retire: Fletcher, Chapman, Winderlich
Delist: Pears, Hams, Dalgleish, Steinberg (r)
Upgrade: McKernan, McKenna
Re-sign: Carlisle (3/4 years, please!), Stanton (2 years), Gwilt (1 year)

That's my starting point. Gives us 4 ND draft picks and 3 RD picks. I'd be tempted to give Dempsey, Browne, Melksham, O'Brien and Kav 1 year deals or trade for picks/pick upgrades if anyone is interested (which I doubt). Don't want us to have more than 5 ND picks as it seems the people who know about these things (definitely not me) think it's a shallow draft.

The problem I have with Melksham is he is far to talented to be simply delisted. He isn't performing for sure and I don't know what the answer is. It's probably so frustrating for the coaches and him.

The problem I have with Melksham is he is far to talented to be simply delisted. He isn't performing for sure and I don't know what the answer is. It's probably so frustrating for the coaches and him.

Is he better as a small forward than as a midfielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back