List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100% certain if we let Moore go, particularly if it's because we are chasing other talent, we will 100% regret it.

Bloke is a LeBron James type physically, he shouldn't be that big and that quick and that athletic, but he is. Can play forward, ruck and down back and is 22 and the son of a Collingwood great.

We WILL regret this I hope you all are fully aware of that.
No, LeBron is durable.
Darcy is more like Porzingis “the unicorn” of the Knicks, a massive talent that is sitting on the sidelines.

Funny that coming from two clubs that have had players getting up to things like;

Graser Gehrig pissing on someones leg
Andrew Lovett and his nocturnal adventures
Milne and Joey Montagna and their Brighton excursions
Steven Baker replacing Ric Flair as the dirtiest player in the game
Sam Gilbert and his interests in the secondary school system
Jason Gram stalking more than the ball
Dawson, Riewoldt and Dal Santo and their selfies
Essendon and the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the afl

Brendan Goddard is a s**t bloke for wanting to win a flag.

Jade Gresham will probably be added to that lot in time.

I am 100% certain if we let Moore go, particularly if it's because we are chasing other talent, we will 100% regret it.

Bloke is a LeBron James type physically, he shouldn't be that big and that quick and that athletic, but he is. Can play forward, ruck and down back and is 22 and the son of a Collingwood great.

We WILL regret this I hope you all are fully aware of that.
I want him to stay too.
But there is a limit.
What would you be prepared to pay him?

Couldn't agree more, the offer is on the table though.
Sorry, but I don’t believe for a second that we’re offering a 3 year deal to a small fwd/mid who was close to being delisted when we’re already so stacked in that area. Either you’re trolling, or your mate is having a lend.

A well connected mate of mine told me we have a 3yr contract offer on the table for Jack Lonie.

Can't work out why personally but hey we have Mayne so why not hey.....
i have herd this as well. apparently bucks as a bit admirer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely admire and respect Brendan Goddard. There are a number of players at our club that I would take him instead of in a heartbeat. His effort in the 2010 Grand Final was superhuman and he was by far the best player on the ground out of a field that will certainly have multiple AFL legends.

Through no fault of his own he has been dealt a rough hand at AFL level twice and should be considered along the likes of Bucks and Robert Harvey as guys desperately unlucky not to win a premiership.

No fricking way should Goddard be listed anywhere near Bucks or R. Harvey.

He was a very good player at his best, but at least a couple of rungs below those names.

Also his behaviour at Essendon suggests that he would be a shitty teammate to play alongside, particularly for young up-and-coming players.

And then there's the question of whether his lack of defensive pressure works in our lineup - particularly with how much better with have looked this year.

Would you take him for 1yr on a cheap salary? You'd definitely have to consider it - but only after other moves are done (convincing Wells to retire might make that space) and only if his attitude is in the right place.

Sorry, but I don’t believe for a second that we’re offering a 3 year deal to a small fwd/mid who was close to being delisted when we’re already so stacked in that area. Either you’re trolling, or your mate is having a lend.

Not trolling, hope he is having a lend. But he is best mates with a player there...... He did say he can't work out why we are with our forward/mids working well but like I said earlier, we did offer Mayne 3yrs at 500k.... Stranger things could and do happen.

i have herd this as well. apparently bucks as a bit admirer

Interesting - but at 174cm I think we should only be considering him if he were an elite crumber (ie ability to kick on both sides) and tackling machine. I don’t see either. We need another Krakouer but don’t think Lonnie fits the bill.
Also he is too short and slight for the midfield.

I highly doubt Goddard would want to come to Collingwood, Im sure the hurt from 2010 is still burning

I genuinely admire and respect Brendan Goddard. There are a number of players at our club that I would take him instead of in a heartbeat. His effort in the 2010 Grand Final was superhuman and he was by far the best player on the ground out of a field that will certainly have multiple AFL legends.

Through no fault of his own he has been dealt a rough hand at AFL level twice and should be considered along the likes of Bucks and Robert Harvey as guys desperately unlucky not to win a premiership.

Go to bed Brendan, we aren't giving you a contract.

Or we're losing players we don't know about yet....

I want him to stay too.
But there is a limit.
What would you be prepared to pay him?
Alot more than the "$400k or let him walk" that has been thrown around.

If he wants $600k give him $600k. It's important to remember the salary cap is, what, $13 million? We are literally saying we are unwilling to give him another 1% of our salary cap, and if he wants that let him walk....

Last edited:
Alot more than the "$400k or let him walk" that has been thrown around
Gut feel is Moore stays, I think the club knows his talent very well and realises it's upon us to get him right. Our club is quite attractive right now and I think Ned Guy knows his s**t. In fact if we had Ned Guy this time last year Moore would already be signed up.

Anyway the club will know having Moore and Lynch in the side will have us contending next year and won't let it slip.

If he does leave, well given player movement it won't worry me, one will come back. Always better to keep the ones you currently have however.

Three years ago I’d agree, but since Mayne and Wells came into the fold I’m no longer dismissive of our interest in garbage deals/ list fits. I mean we do have to find a Blair replacement after all so Lonie could be it and 3 years certainly fits with our stupid contract mantra. TBH I had expected Caleb Daniel...

FWIW WHE, Kirby, Blair, Broomhead, Elliott and Fasolo still uncontracted says to me there will be attrition in our small forward ranks.

Three years ago I’d agree, but since Mayne and Wells came into the fold I’m no longer dismissive of our interest in garbage deals/ list fits. I mean we do have to find a Blair replacement after all so Lonie could be it and 3 years certainly fits with our stupid contract mantra. TBH I had expected Caleb Daniel...
Fairly sure we have a different footy boss and a different list manager, so I’m not sure those deals are relevant now.
FWIW WHE, Kirby, Blair, Broomhead, Elliott and Fasolo still uncontracted says to me there will be attrition in our small forward ranks.
We won’t let WHE or Elliott go, and the other 4 are depth now at best, and will never play seniors again at worst, so should be replaced via the draft, not by a trade with a 3 year deal. That’s a Brisbane with Jack Frost type deal, and I’m certain that Guy isn’t that dumb.

Fairly sure we have a different footy boss and a different list manager, so I’m not sure those deals are relevant now.

We won’t let WHE or Elliott go, and the other 4 are depth now at best, and will never play seniors again at worst, so should be replaced via the draft, not by a trade with a 3 year deal. That’s a Brisbane with Jack Frost type deal, and I’m certain that Guy isn’t that dumb.

I’m more than fairly sure myself :thumbsu:

Nothing surprises me anymore.

We may not have a choice on Elliott. The only thing I’m certain of is that if we lose that sort of depth the club will want a play now type. I want to say it won’t be Lonie, but they will chase one.

TBH I don’t know how Guy operates yet either, none of us do. Moore, WHE, Elliott and Langdon are all clear best 22, probably even close to top ten talents (I ride Langdon hard because he does some of the most idiotic and lazy things on the footy field, but he’s talented), and remain unsigned yet Reid has his contract for next year so I’m not certain. Hopeful yep, confident, perhaps, but I’ll wait until December 1st before using language like that.

I’m more than fairly sure myself :thumbsu:

Nothing surprises me anymore.

We may not have a choice on Elliott. The only thing I’m certain of is that if we lose that sort of depth the club will want a play now type. I want to say it won’t be Lonie, but they will chase one.

TBH I don’t know how Guy operates yet either, none of us do. Moore, WHE, Elliott and Langdon are all clear best 22, probably even close to top ten talents (I ride Langdon hard because he does some of the most idiotic and lazy things on the footy field, but he’s talented), and remain unsigned yet Reid has his contract for next year so I’m not certain. Hopeful yep, confident, perhaps, but I’ll wait until December 1st before using language like that.
The Ben Reid deal is the most mind boggling thing I have seen this year, it's one I can't believe hasn't gotten more attention. I know it's only a one year deal but it better be peanuts. Personally I don't believe hes in our best 22 anymore, but regardless he can't string 3 games together and I'm not sure what will change next year.

I can't imagine there would have been many suitors either, public pressure to sign a premiership player for good news? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back