List Mgmt. Trade scenarios for the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to entertain your idea who are all our players from WA.

If we gave up all our picks for this year and next plus 3 WA players you reckon we could we get it done?
The WA players are Baker, Broad ,Pickett, Steely Green, Kaleb Smith, McIntosh and Shai Bolton.
If they wanted Baker, Smith and Green plus picks maybe.
Bolton is not tradeable of course and Baker is close to non tradeable

"Greater Western Sydney – who traded up to the No.1 pick to select Aaron Cadman last year – and Melbourne are among the clubs keen to move up to snare Reid. Both hold two first-round selections, but even that may not be enough.

Eagles football boss Gavin Bell told The Age last month that they would “keep an open mind to any options” if they found themselves in pole position in the draft.

They offloaded the No.2 selection in last year’s draft as part of a four-club mega deal that delivered them two first-round picks, which were used on Western Australians Reuben Ginbey and Elijah Hewett."

Last edited:

"Greater Western Sydney – who traded up to the No.1 pick to select Aaron Cadman last year – and Melbourne are among the clubs keen to move up to snare Reid. Both hold two first-round selections, but even that may not be enough.

Eagles football boss Gavin Bell told The Age last month that they would “keep an open mind to any options” if they found themselves in pole position in the draft.

They offloaded the No.2 selection in last year’s draft as part of a four-club mega deal that delivered them two first-round picks, which were used on Western Australians Reuben Ginbey and Elijah Hewett."

WCE have the opportunity to fast track their re-build by years if they play this smart.

They could pull 3 A graders out of this draft, and whilst Reid looks every bit a star, they need more than 1 player.

Nah. Eagles need a lot more than 1 early pick. They'll split pick 1 for 3 top 10 local boys. That's a great start for their rebuild.

North swapped pick 1 for Sheezel and Wardlaw last year which is looking like great business.

But Cadman wasn’t streets ahead of next picks. In fact I’m not sure he was even rated at #1 by most clubs. It’s just that GWS needed a KPF, not more mids.

This year is different as Reid is head and shoulders best player in the draft.

It’s like the Pies swapping Nick Daicos for 3 x top picks. How’d that be looking right now if Daicos was running around for another team and the Pies could’ve had him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But Cadman wasn’t streets ahead of next picks. In fact I’m not sure he was even rated at #1 by most clubs. It’s just that GWS needed a KPF, not more mids.

This year is different as Reid is head and shoulders best player in the draft.

It’s like the Pies swapping Nick Daicos for 3 x top picks. How’d that be looking right now if Daicos was running around for another team and the Pies could’ve had him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Of all available players Cadman was widely regarded as the best. Ashcroft wasn't really available to anyone bar lions.

Quite a few had JHF above Daicos. That's the thing, pies weren't desperate for 3 top 10 picks so they got best available. Whereas eagles need to rebuild ground up so they're better spreading the elite talent as much as they can, especially when there are a few early rated, WA kids.

Daicos is brilliant but if you could have the choice of him or all 3 of Jason Horne-Francis, Josh Rachele AND Jye Amiss, what are you picking? I'm going for the 3 every day. Even still, there's a historical and romantic bias towards the Daicos name for Pies so it's different to this year. We wouldn't pass up Richo Jnr if he was rated top 2, no matter what the trade compensation was.

Last edited:
AP and Magic in the same room talking footy together would be amazing. 😍
Not so sure who I would shoot first...me or one of the other two...or both...

2152.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back