News Training at Arden St. Good Friday at 11:30am

Remove this Banner Ad

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
News on the NM website. Open training at Arden St 11:30am on Good Friday. North shop will be open.

Dropped in for a bit.

Firstly, Wellsy was out there but didn't really take part. Walked off with Saunders but didn't appear hampered. Reckon he is probably just a wee bit sore.

The named 22 were out there, as well as the three emergencies and JZ. It was a pretty light session, starting with working the ball out of the last line of defence through handball and carry to the wing, then moved to woking on end to end usage. There was an overload for the attacking group so it was about running positions etc. Then they broke off into stoppage work where the stoppage guys (Cunners, Dal, Basti, Levi and Goldy vs Currie, JZ and Jacobs) worked on the stoppage set ups around the ball. Pretty simple stuff really, the guys were just discussing the set ups for a minute or so before the ball up happened and then they'd break off and chat again.

Before I left they worked on full team stoppages at different parts of the ground and attacking from there.

No real defensive work being done, just attacking running and setting up to attack from stoppages.

Spirits were high, the boys doing their work but really enjoying their footy too.

Excellent crowd considering the weather. No Peninsula Ladies Group sausage sizzle though. I am disappoint.

Edit: Yours truly in amongst that lot.
BleAqqBCcAEnetw.jpg:large

Last edited:
Dropped in for a bit.

Firstly, Wellsy was out there but didn't really take part. Walked off with Saunders but didn't appear hampered. Reckon he is probably just a wee bit sore.

The named 22 were out there, as well as the three emergencies and JZ. It was a pretty light session, starting with working the ball out of the last line of defence through handball and carry to the wing, then moved to woking on end to end usage. There was an overload for the attacking group so it was about running positions etc. Then they broke off into stoppage work where the stoppage guys (Cunners, Dal, Basti, Levi and Goldy vs Currie, JZ and Jacobs) worked on the stoppage set ups around the ball. Pretty simple stuff really, the guys were just discussing the set ups for a minute or so before the ball up happened and then they'd break off and chat again.

Before I left they worked on full team stoppages at different parts of the ground and attacking from there.

No real defensive work being done, just attacking running and setting up to attack from stoppages.

Spirits were high, the boys doing their work but really enjoying their footy too.

Excellent crowd considering the weather. No Peninsula Ladies Group sausage sizzle though. I am disappoint.

Edit: Yours truly in amongst that lot.
BleAqqBCcAEnetw.jpg:large

I don't see many trainings since I'm a South Aussie and have not a care for either the SA sides so can I ask...

Were the stoppages full on competitive?

Interested for two reasons:

If it was why can JZ do that and not play and do it on the weekend?

Also unrelated to north but at my club we always do our stoppages with token pressure and ironically we hardly ever win the clearances on the weekend, just wondering if that close to a game they taper off the competitiveness and pressure in the AFL?

I don't see many trainings since I'm a South Aussie and have not a care for either the SA sides so can I ask...

Were the stoppages full on competitive?

Interested for two reasons:

If it was why can JZ do that and not play and do it on the weekend?

Also unrelated to north but at my club we always do our stoppages with token pressure and ironically we hardly ever win the clearances on the weekend, just wondering if that close to a game they taper off the competitiveness and pressure in the AFL?
The stoppage stuff was very light. In normal training they smash each other, this session was more so for touch and positioning. There was little to no tackling.

Was there today and very concerned about Wells. Was only out there for 20 mins and ran at half pace at best in 50 metre bursts on outer wing with doc/physio at his side. After each run they would consult with each other and continually looked down towards lower leg area. Legs were not strapped so hoping as stated in above post that he is only a wee bit sore and will be up for tomorrow.
Otherwise rest of training session was fairly light with some set attacking plays. Nothing to defensive.
Ziebell stayed on for extra half hour running 400 metre sets on his own. Looked ready to play but obviously shoulder condition was not seriously tested in any of the drills. Hopefully can get up for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there. Great attendance. Lots of kids with blue & white jumpers on. Did anyone see the bull terrier with the north footy jumper on?

Yes he left a deposit on the swimming pool hill.
Cute dog.
LOL - placid and friendly dog. I think I heard owner call it "emma".

It was a top day - kids got a photo with the Pigman

Got down there for a look. Main group as described already. JZ looking string during 400's at the end. Couple of the rehab group working at the opposite end to the main group during training. One of the fitness guys was working over Taylor Garner. Doing some combined running and skill circuits - 800's and 2 x 400's followed by about 90 secs of repeated ground balls, bumping, tackling kicking at targets. Looked spent at the end. Can't be too far away from playing surely?

Got down there for a look. Main group as described already. JZ looking string during 400's at the end. Couple of the rehab group working at the opposite end to the main group during training. One of the fitness guys was working over Taylor Garner. Doing some combined running and skill circuits - 800's and 2 x 400's followed by about 90 secs of repeated ground balls, bumping, tackling kicking at targets. Looked spent at the end. Can't be too far away from playing surely?

I don't think he'll play VFL this week but we'll see. If not this weekend it will surely be next that he runs back on to the field. He'll need at least two VFL games before he can come back into contention for selection. There were people who said that he had surpassed Adams and they have been proven way off the mark. At this rate he's going to need some injuries to get a breakthrough. He'll be a 200 gamer for us eventually though, I'm sure of that.

Further to what has already been posted, it was good to see Tom Curran out there early on running and kicking.

Agree re: being a long way behind Adams, he's been in super form the last couple. I was referring to Garner returning to VFL, he's been out about 9 weeks now.

I don't think he'll play VFL this week but we'll see. If not this weekend it will surely be next that he runs back on to the field. He'll need at least two VFL games before he can come back into contention for selection. There were people who said that he had surpassed Adams and they have been proven way off the mark. At this rate he's going to need some injuries to get a breakthrough. He'll be a 200 gamer for us eventually though, I'm sure of that.

Took the kids along and watched the first 15 mins. Then spent most of the time inside kicking little footys around to be honest. Balls flying all over the joint, kids loved it.

Took the kids along and watched the first 15 mins. Then spent most of the time inside kicking little footys around to be honest. Balls flying all over the joint, kids loved it.

Worst. Review. Ever.

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back