Toast Travis Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no issues with him. I would be surprised if anyone here thinks he was brought in to be an A grade mid. what he does bring is leadership and consistency. which is two areas that we lack. they thing with varcoe is the difference between his good and bad games is minimal so you know what you get.

Haha. I noticed that bigtime. At Geelong, he would have gotten a few of those. It was great to see the look on his face when the umps could clearly see what he was trying to do.

Varcoe is an outside runner with far better skills and decision making then Lumumba, but worse defensive side and attack on the ball. Our side needs his type more then a H type.

It looked like he had been shot on one occasion.

I'm going to give Varcoe 10 games then judge him, reckon if he stays fit he'll get better and better over the year...

Time for a spell in the maggoos.
Lazy lazy footballer.
And put him in the vest also.

I thought he might be handy for us.
Oh how wrong I was.
Won't run, won't chase, won't tackle, won't apply pressure.
Will sit on the far wing and hope for an easy possession.

Starting to look like a Des Headland, Wellingham type player.
Looks good when surrounded by a super star midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's an outside mid with very few inside mids to get the ball to him. Handy to have for his disposal and an experienced head but is essentially a stop-gap.

I actually thought he was pretty good and in our best tonight... Guess I'll keep away from this thread for a while LOL
You're on crack for sure.
He had an ok 2nd, however he just trots along and couldn't tackle a nine year old.
Total spud, shouldn't be taking games off kids.

Varcoe runs to the right spots, but we don't use him enough. He has the skills but we don't lead to the right options. And our outside game is poor we can't seem to link up probably. Even if tried harder nothing would change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back