Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Smith will join MMM in special comments this year according to Jon Anderson's column.

I wonder which slot he will appear in?

Another one of my favourites. All the hallmarks of a classic segment. I do miss Garry’s pandering to the Twitter family.

Randy Package.
Deb Cannon.
Feathertop.
Agent Kaos.
Lezzy Keefe.
Trav Coutts.
Leon Rant.
Adrian Pickles.
Teddy Wheeler.

Good times.

From the podcast?
Yeah Jim tells a story of close to the end of Spuds reign as coach he was chatting to him pre game and he said spud was doing that stupid little laugh of his explaining how s**t the team was and how could he be expected to win with em lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how many this affects, but if what I heard during today's NRL junket in Vegas is correct Gold FM Gold Coast (MMM station on the Coast renamed last year) is now going to take Titans games live, so not sure how that affects coverage of Suns games that may be on at similar times. It won't be an issue this weekend (Titans are after the Suns almost immediately) but if there are any clashes during the year I'd imagine the Titans would take priority, much like the Broncos do in Brisbane.

I miss the old days of thr Triple M team. They got called blokey and that was seen as bad. Something I never understood. I mean they knew their target audience and made content that appealed to them.

They didn't let the corporate sponsors dictate their call and it was like having your mates around with their call. Nothing would beat Chief having a go at players for doing dumb things.

I miss the old days of thr Triple M team. They got called blokey and that was seen as bad. Something I never understood. I mean they knew their target audience and made content that appealed to them.

They didn't let the corporate sponsors dictate their call and it was like having your mates around with their call. Nothing would beat Chief having a go at players for doing dumb things.
Just imo, but they need a bit of a clear out.

Howard, Brown, Darcy going would help a lot. They need another host that fits in well as JB wants to be on TV now. Howard's not a MMM guy, too touchy feely we're all great mates.

It's never going to be like 10-15 years ago, but getting blokes with massive ego's who can take a joke would be a good start. Jono Brown would go well I reckon.

Howard, Brown, Darcy going would help a lot. They need another host that fits in well as JB wants to be on TV now. Howard's not a MMM guy, too touchy feely we're all great mates.

It's never going to be like 10-15 years ago, but getting blokes with massive ego's who can take a joke would be a good start. Jono Brown would go well I reckon.
Juddy was great aswell. I think Browny can be ok, he's not the funniest but they can load him up to take shots outside the box still which no one else does anymore.
Get rid of Bernie. He's not funny at all.

Really they need to wrestle gaz back.

Juddy was great aswell. I think Browny can be ok, he's not the funniest but they can load him up to take shots outside the box still which no one else does anymore.
Get rid of Bernie. He's not funny at all.

Really they need to wrestle gaz back.
Yeah I liked Juddy too, but you can tell he's not that interested in footy these days from the odd time he's been on.

Dunno about Lyon coming back. There's got to be some other former players who are a bit younger that would be good. Stevie J was brilliant last year. Don't mind Daisy either.

Yeah I liked Juddy too, but you can tell he's not that interested in footy these days from the odd time he's been on.

Dunno about Lyon coming back. There's got to be some other former players who are a bit younger that would be good. Stevie J was brilliant last year. Don't mind Daisy either.
Nah of them have the production ability or story telling of gaz though. Him and spud leaving killed MMM for good. Gaz and JB were what pushed spud and chief to get loose cause they were mates but could also push their buttons

I wonder if it started going downhill the moment Wolf was replaced by the Duck.

Edit: Aside from the obvious.
Yeah because it was all built on taking the piss but they all just idolized duck and he's as funny as a kick in the pills

I wonder if it started going downhill the moment Wolf was replaced by the Duck.

Edit: Aside from the obvious.
It's been mentioned earlier in the thread but it was

• Eddie suggesting they drown Caro in the slide and Spud playing along (JB and Damo had the brains to shut it down, but it was too late)
  • the Lyon/Brownless issue

Nothing lasts forever though, as good as it was.

It's been mentioned earlier in the thread but it was

• Eddie suggesting they drown Caro in the slide and Spud playing along (JB and Damo had the brains to shut it down, but it was too late)
  • the Lyon/Brownless issue

Nothing lasts forever though, as good as it was.

Yes.

Those 2 dot points are the obvious.

I'm surprised they didn't get Jonathan Brown on board straight after he retired. Howie was the great beneficiary of their restructuring at the end of 2016. How he has weaseled his way to the status he has there is anybody's guess.

I've said before that I reckon Spud's breakdown around 2016, combined with Wayne Schwass's experience and involvement with depression, was why the in-house sh1t-hanging was toned right down. For example, the '360 honesty sessions' went. Then, obviously, Garry leaving finished the "golden era". Also, the increased wokeness in the Western World didn't help

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back