Trump and US politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Trump is 99.9% in the whitehouse. Remember where you were this day.

And the stereotype of idiot Americans is constantly re-enforced

The looks on the faces of Democrat supporters reminds me of us after the grand final. (sorry miggs) :'(

The looks on the faces of Democrat supporters reminds me of us after the grand final. (sorry miggs) :'(

Donald Trump now has nuclear launch codes.

I don't even know where to begin

So lets go with a unqualified racist moron?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lol

But what do you want a life long politician?
Why not an average businessman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hillary had her flaws but no reasonable person can argue that those flaws are even in the same ballpark as Trump's.

FWIW though, I genuinely believe Sanders would have won the presidency if he was the candidate.

It's morning.... so it wasn't a bad dream :(

FWIW though, I genuinely believe Sanders would have won the presidency if he was the candidate.

Just look at some of the states Trump did better than expected in like Michigan and Wisconsin, states Sanders won in the primaries.

Hillary had her flaws but no reasonable person can argue that those flaws are even in the same ballpark as Trump's.

It is hard to argue against the wishes of the voters. Much like when Abbott got elected here.
What happens next is the interesting thing, I suspect a whole lot of people are going to get even more disillusioned when they realise that there is no way Trump can deliver on many of the things he promised.

It is hard to argue against the wishes of the voters. Much like when Abbott got elected here.
What happens next is the interesting thing, I suspect a whole lot of people are going to get even more disillusioned when they realise that there is no way Trump can deliver on many of the things he promised.
How do you know, he has full control.

PM isn't an elected position.

How do you know, he has full control.

1. GFC II is waiting in the wings.
2. The Fed has nowhere to go, you can only print money for so long & that point has long past.
3. The American economy is in an extremely fragile state, the US can't afford to get into trade wars with anyone.
4. That rules out re-opening industries that Trump promised to reopen in the 'rust belt'.
5. Cutting the company tax rate to 20% when government spending, out of necessity, is at an all time high will send the US economy into a tail spin. The US govt needs more tax revenue NOT less.
6. Building a wall that the Mexicans will pay for. LOL
7. The US isn't going to be able to bully its way out of the mess it is in. Something like two thirds of US debt is now owned by the Chinese, the US is effectively China's bitch.
8. The list goes on and on.

I would argue that just because the PM is not directly elected does not mean it is not an elected position.
The leader is one of the most important considerations that voters say influence the way they vote.

Let's me rephrahse.

The PM isn't elected by the voting public.