Trump and US politics

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah my neighbor came in when trump was something ridiculous @$500 and said we should put 50 in each and have a crack i laughed and said yeah maybe then forgot. FML

I thought it was a joke but then he started campaigning and I saw how much he moved people

It honestly makes me want to vomit to think Trump is the next president of arguably the world's current largest "super-power".

Yes HRC had some flaws (who doesn't?!) but at least she was promoting a positive message (love trumps hate). She wasn't inciting hatred and anger to win over the population. For those critics (like LukeParkerno1) who argue HRC lacked policies, I dispute that - She had policies, she just wasn't coming out with some new hair-brained scheme that would never get through every time she took the mic like DJT was. The Democrats weren't pushing ridiculous, unplanned populist ideas as I'm sure they thought the electorate was smarter than that. Man were they wrong. FWIW, I thought her policies where thought out, logical, realistic and achievable (on the most part).

For all his grand plans, talk is cheap. Actions are what he'll have to live up to and it's because of this I reckon DJT's presidency will backfire big time. He laid out a message and ideology which simply isn't able to be achieved. Yeah sure, he'll pass a few, however by a large amount the policies he was voted in on (the big nasty ones) I highly doubt he'll be able to get much traction progressing. I see 3.5 years ahead of delaying tactics coming right up. He's a good marketer, he may be able to talk his way out of a lot of this but at some point in time he will be proved a failure, a fraud and bad choice for president with those that voted for him in a world of hurt in 3-6 years time IMHO.

Radical and extreme views vary rarely work in a democracy. Baby steps leading to change are boring but ultimately the most successful.

Good luck to him, he's going to need all the luck he can muster.

GotTheGoodes each to their own. Not saying I like him that much. I hadn't seen many of her policies. If I were a voter I wouldn't want to hear "I'll continue with what we are doing". It was her major flaw especially when there are a LOT of angry voters out there. She needed to outline her OWN policies, not Obama's ones that she so much adores.

Give you an example half of my family are living in the US (have done since I was 22). They are as Democrat as can be, even they wouldn't vote for Clinton. What Bill did won't go away quickly.

They should have nominated Sanders

i think alot of people are secretly happy, but because SJW will attack them they just go with the flock and say its a bad thing etc

You may have hit the nail on the head with this one miggs.

I personally think Trump will surprise a lot of people in a good way when he gets sworn in. He's spent most of his life running businesses and employing people, yes he has had some failures along the way but who hasn't. To be a boss you have to be able to connect with people and he has managed to do that throughout the campaign. I don't endorse a lot of the things he has said, but I think people have underestimated his ability to lead.

I also think he deliberately went over the top in not being politically correct during the campaign, and the mainstream media got sucked in and took what he said literally. It was the ultimate troll and it worked. I learnt something from being a mod. ;)

Last edited:
You may have hit the nail on the head with this one miggs.

I personally think Trump will surprise a lot of people in a good way when he gets sworn in. He's spent most of his life running businesses and employing people, yes he has had some failures along the way but who hasn't. To be a boss you have to be able to connect with people and he has managed to do that throughout the campaign. I don't endorse a lot of the things he has said, but I think people have underestimated his ability to lead.
that's it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Colin Cowherd summed it up well, check it out

He lost me when he praised Mitt Romney, now there was someone who couldn't connect with ordinary people. Reminds me of Turnbull.

Surprisingly good take from Russell Brand

I must say, seeing the anti-Trump protesters throwing their toys out of the cot since the election has made me put down the bottle of Kool-Aid I have been drinking since the grand final. Talk about a meltdown to end all meltdowns. Their side might have lost but life still goes on.

I must say, seeing the anti-Trump protesters throwing their toys out of the cot since the election has made me put down the bottle of Kool-Aid I have been drinking since the grand final. Talk about a meltdown to end all meltdowns. Their side might have lost but life still goes on.

Are you comparing losing a grand final to Trump being elected? Cause they're not in the same universe.

I don't think anything is in the same universe as Trump being elected :p

It was just an amusing parallel, that's all.