Tweet Button

Remove this Banner Ad

The placement of the twitter button doesn't constitute a think example tho because it's more trained habits than thinking.
The point being that designs should be intuitive. i.e. Users do not want to have to think, they just want to do what they came to your web site to do.

The point being that designs should be intuitive. i.e. Users do not want to have to think, they just want to do what they came to your web site to do.
I understand but we've been changing and evolving the site, buttons, and other processes, that made them adapt. This is no different. It's a mere slight movement of the mouse, quickly adapt like they did before to the myriad of things they cried and whined over before.

Alternative idea....instead of individual buttons have a drop down menu where they can then select those options of tweet like Reply multi quote. Like we have with the quote, code etc options when making a post.

No.

Talking to Jim Boy, the [ Like + Reply ] set of buttons is one block in the code. Difficult to put another button in there without doing a type of change we never want to do.

What I might do is move it either to the far right or to the left of the post number. Have to be thoughtful about space on the iPad too.

Alternatively, it can be used to troll, shame, embarrass posters in a forum where they may not get the right of reply if they don't use twitter.
Changes the nature of posting on the forum.

If I'm not on twitter for a reason I'm not sure why someone should be able to quote my posts directly onto it.

Then there is the reality that there is no reason for it except for BigFooty to leach off twitter (probably as way of trying to increase traffic).

A Tweet button just makes it easier for people to share content with people they want to share it with.

Without a Tweet button they can still do this:
http://recordit.co/a1CvzXiUKc

Were posters actually requesting this or is it just so we can be social media savvy?
It's a part of our efforts to give people more ways to share content.

Mostly I think it will be our mods who share posts on their board Twitter accounts - we have about 25 of those. So we are already "social media savvy".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can the Tweet button be taken away for those who are carded/banned? I can see it ending in trouble otherwise.

And for what it's worth, I know it can be done manually anyway, but the button gives potential trolls more incentive to do so

No.

Talking to Jim Boy, the [ Like + Reply ] set of buttons is one block in the code. Difficult to put another button in there without doing a type of change we never want to do.

What I might do is move it either to the far right or to the left of the post number. Have to be thoughtful about space on the iPad too.

Far right please.

I'm joining to anti-tweet revolution.

Twitter is for celebrities searching for popularity and journalists searching for a story about said celebrities. Nothing else belongs on there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back