News Two young guns re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Smith and Jared Petrenko re-signed today.

How Vader wished I left out the hyphen :p

Story:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/131532/default.aspx
ADELAIDE has secured the futures of two of the club's most promising young players, with Jared Petrenko and Brodie Smith both signing contract extensions.

Adelaide's general manager of football operations Phil Harper said the club was pleased to have re-signed the exciting pair before their existing contracts expired at the end of the season.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/131532/default.aspx

I can't access the AFL site here at work - does the article indicate the length of the contract extension?

In any event, fantastic news :thumbsu: Smith and Petrenko are two players who will definitely be in our best 22 during our next thrust at winning a premiership so it's great to lock them away!

The article I read said the club doesn't comment on the length of contracts? Anyways nice work fellas, now go out there and kick some arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work Pup & Brodie! :thumbsu:

Also, Channel 10 just tweeted this:

TenNewsAdelaide ‏ @TenNewsADEL In sport, a key midfielder pledges his allegiance to the Crows ahead of contract talks.

They tweeted something before about watching the news to find out why Dangerfield is still talking to Neil Craig, so I may be putting 2 + 2 together & getting 5, but hopefully the key midfielder is Danger!!

Good work Pup & Brodie! :thumbsu:

Also, Channel 10 just tweeted this:

They tweeted something before about watching the news to find out why Dangerfield is still talking to Neil Craig, so I may be putting 2 + 2 together & getting 5, but hopefully the key midfielder is Danger!!

It was Dangerfield.

Essentially what he said was that he has no intention of going anywhere else but wants to delay signing his next contract so that his football can do the talking.

Translated, he's looking for a break-out year before he signs to maximize his dollars. :) :thumbsu:

Looked right down the camera, no ers and ars. No buts, no maybes. He'll be playing for Adelaide after this year alright, but planning to do that for much more dough.

Which is good, because he can only do that by playing well.

Winners all round. :thumbsu:

As for the Neil Craig thing, Danger made it clear that he does still talk regularly to Neil, essentially on his approach to the game etc.

No problem with any of that going by his form in the pre-season. His approach to his footy has been excellent. :thumbsu:

It was Dangerfield.

Essentially what he said was that he has no intention of going anywhere else but wants to delay signing his next contract so that his football can do the talking.

Translated, he's looking for a break-out year before he signs to maximize his dollars. :) :thumbsu:

Looked right down the camera, no ers and ars. No buts, no maybes. He'll be playing for Adelaide after this year alright, but planning to do that for much more dough.

Which is good, because he can only do that by playing well.

Winners all round. :thumbsu:
Great Macca ....absolutely no reason to query his comments

strikes me as a very sharp shooter ....no ducks & drakes here :thumbsu:

Maybe so, WD, but I don't think that really comes into his thinking.

When he was talking about staying, his body language was so relaxed. He's totally comfortable about staying here, which IMO has nothing to do with any other player. He is happy playing at the Adelaide footy club.

Why wouldn't he be? Apart from the actual footy side and his personal relationships there, along with Tippett he's one of the club's only 2 Marquee players, who are wanted by companies to endorse their product, public appearances etc.

Down the track a bit VB will almost certainly hand over the reins to Danger, and he'll become captain of the AFC.

A very big fish in a medium sized pond.

Maybe so, WD, but I don't think that really comes into his thinking.

When he was talking about staying, his body language was so relaxed. He's totally comfortable about staying here, which IMO has nothing to do with any other player. He is happy playing at the Adelaide footy club.

Why wouldn't he be? Apart from the actual footy side and his personal relationships there, along with Tippett he's one of the club's only 2 Marquee players, who are wanted by companies to endorse their product, public appearances etc.

Down the track a bit VB will almost certainly hand over the reins to Danger, and he'll become captain of the AFC.

A very big fish in a medium sized pond.
no arguments here with that thinking plus his love of fishing and small town has him ideally suited to Adelaide from a lifestyle position

So winning NAB cup, playing a nice style in NAB cup and having a very healthy squad are bad news???!!!?!?!

Yer, I know what you meant, about contracts, couldnt resist the dig but............

Was only thinking about the last week and Truck may miss the first game! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back