Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he keeps up his form two year deal at the blues for $800k. Band 1 cats send to Woofers for Bailey Smith

Have a read of his background on Wiki, he had a really difficult life. I am so happy for him, AA, premiership player and now financially rewarded. Small town vibes of Geelong may suit him atm and a younger leader down at catland apparently.

We will lose Hawkins in the next probably 12-24 months and if we lose Stengle too that's 100+ goals from our premiership forward-line, that's a pretty big dent. He's also in that prime age we should be looking to keep.

If he leaves though after a premiership for big $$ I can't begrudge him.

Last edited:
North with that Warchest we've been hearing about for a decade?

Treasure Chest GIF by Escape Hunt UK

I can see Freo offering him a truckload too.

If it was the Blues picking him up I'd think 600k would be thereabouts for a player like him 700 max

Roos warchest will disappear when a dozen 1st rounders demand more money.

He only got 18 weeks not a full season. So it will be interesting to see.

The AFLPA would have been involved so he may well get full pay but the Roos dont have to include it.
Tbh doesn’t really matter got to pay the min sal cap but out of principle and contract breach he shouldn’t be getting anything

The positive is regardless next year onwards we have an extra 750k to play with, we should already have been able to outbid anyone but now we can seriously outbid people

For instance I have no issue throwing a fair bit of coin at Stengle as a free agent and no team would come close

Tbh doesn’t really matter got to pay the min sal cap but out of principle and contract breach he shouldn’t be getting anything

The positive is regardless next year onwards we have an extra 750k to play with, we should already have been able to outbid anyone but now we can seriously outbid people

For instance I have no issue throwing a fair bit of coin at Stengle as a free agent and no team would come close

Thats true but i doubt stengle will want to go to NM.

Maybe

Money talks to some

With cats on the fall and Roos on the rise could be a clever move that pays off more than financial going forward
Right, just like when you were on the rise 5 years ago, and 5 years again before that.

F**k me...is there a more delusional fanbase on BigFooty?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be negotiated but would imagine most gets torn up through breaching contract
Was out of contract at years end

He was suspended by the AFL for 18 weeks, not deregistered. Wouldn't have thought you'd get much discount against the full whack. AFL may allow an exemption to not include it all in this year's cap. We had to pay Stengle his full contract.

Edit - didn't realise he was OOC, that's handy.

Last edited:

You should have truckloads of cap space. Have to pay 95% to a group valued collectively at about 70%. The difference goes to frontloading, so you should have accumulated a massive amount.

You should have truckloads of cap space. Have to pay 95% to a group valued collectively at about 70%. The difference goes to frontloading, so you should have accumulated a massive amount.
Yeah that’s my point we have heaps of salary cap space

And with Thomas gone will free up another 750k per year

I'd hate to see him go, was reminded of this a few times in the praccy game - his skills are sublime. But whatever will be, will be.

I am sure we can find some talented player on the outs with his club, reform him and get him playing good footy.
I am certain the odds of having a better team lie with holding onto Stengle

Every team with cap space in need of a SF will have a crack. He’s a great player.

Think it depends where Geelong finish. Only way I see him going is If they are bottom 3. Then it might make sense for him to find an opportunity elsewhere. Think St Kilda, Collingwood and Dee’s probably the Melbourne favourites with Sydney/Brisbane as Smokey’s.

Essendon will have a crack. They really tried last time, but I think a lot would need to change for there to be mutual interest there.

Every team with cap space in need of a SF will have a crack. He’s a great player.

Think it depends where Geelong finish. Only way I see him going is If they are bottom 3. Then it might make sense for him to find an opportunity elsewhere. Think St Kilda, Collingwood and Dee’s probably the Melbourne favourites with Sydney/Brisbane as Smokey’s.

Essendon will have a crack. They really tried last time, but I think a lot would need to change for there to be mutual interest there.
Blues would have to be offering him the keys to the city. Everything we lack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back