UEFA Champions League: Match Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Liverpool really stuffed up. Compare them to Manchester United for example who really seized the initiative last window, Liverpool may have blown their only chance to cement a spot up there. They made the CL and just signed average players they could have without CL.

They're basically thrashing a 19 year old as their best player now which is ridiculous to do to him.

lol. Man U didn't seize the initiative, their spending was reminiscent of a 12 year old who got the financial takeover on FIFA Career Mode.

I'd be staggered if they made top 4.

It did because one was a penalty and only one was scored.

Not quite sure how that works... One was a penalty, and that one got saved. The other one wasn't a penalty so shouldn't have been given so the outcome is irrelevant.

Hummels, Reus, gundogan, subotic, sokratis and mkhitaryan were all certainties to go to Liverpool ;)
And Remy... But he had a heart problem... And conveniently Balotelli came free so they signed the Italian diver instead. I mean Ghanian diver.

lol. Man U didn't seize the initiative, their spending was reminiscent of a 12 year old who got the financial takeover on FIFA Career Mode.

Curious to know who you think will finish top 4 Instead of United, Liverpool? Spurs?

Liverpool really stuffed up. Compare them to Manchester United for example who really seized the initiative last window, Liverpool may have blown their only chance to cement a spot up there. They made the CL and just signed average players they could have without CL.

They're basically thrashing a 19 year old as their best player now which is ridiculous to do to him.
I think they needed a top striker. The other players are ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmm probably United out of those 3 teams mentioned above, hardly convinced about us either yet btw. Again the injuries are crippling us. However, Welbeck is in good form, Ozil is coming back into some good form and Alexis is having some awesome moments.

Only certainties for top 4 this season so far are City and Chelsea.

Chelsea City Man United and 4rsenal top 4,
Liverpool to finish anywhere from 6-8th
Spurs to finish 5th

They got the best new recruits in the league. Di Maria is shitting all over the EPL already and Falcao will now that Rooney's out.

Sounds like you'll be really staggered then.

Have just seen Welbeck's goals. For someone that supposedly struggles with finishing, he looked very clinical tonight. Some very tidy finishes

If you look at the goals he has scored in his career so far a lot them are very well placed and smart finishes. The problem seems to be more mentally in that he doesn't always have the belief he can score and can fluff chances as result. Ramsey had a similar problem prior to last season so hopefully Welbeck can find a similar belief to that of Ramsey and goals can continue to flow in as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back