UEFA Champions League R16

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not blaming Wenger for our loss today. I think you have to lay the blame at some of the players on the field. Giroud has 3 pretty good chances to bury the ball that most clinical strikers would do. Welbeck for all his movement had a great chance and all he had to do was slightly lob the ball over the group of players on the ground and he blasted it into the pack.

As for our goals conceded. The first one I'll cop because it was a deflection and you can't do much about that. Though you would like Ospina to at least look to make an effort. The 2nd and 3rd goals were Mertasaker showing terrible judgement. 2nd goal was leaving his player open to try and get the ball. Leaving Kos 2 on 1 with a clinical finisher like Berbatov who is not going to miss that chance. Then the last goal in the 93rd minute, Mert was waaaayyyy too late to react and move for someone who is as slow as the tides. He needed to have a bit more sense to get back a lot earlier and get between the striker and the goal.

If half the chances were taken and if it wasn't for some awful mistakes we probably come out with a draw or perhaps *gasp* a win.

.....except he honestly believe Wenger deserves to be judged on what he's done this season. Which is nothing.
Today's result, only reinforces what we agreed upon a couple of days ago Re: Wenger. Nothing praise worthy so far this season. FA cup the only chance at a trophy now, and that won't be easy either.

Today's result, only reinforces what we agreed upon a couple of days ago Re: Wenger. Nothing praise worthy so far this season. FA cup the only chance at a trophy now, and that won't be easy either.
But apparently he has done so much this season to be praised about :rolleyes:

But apparently he has done so much this season to be praised about :rolleyes:
Didn't even beat Spurs this season and that's usually a given, at least once:)

Possibly will help to ensure top 3 finish as there won't be CL games getting in the way, turn the focus to the league matches.

What big games do Arsenal have left to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back