UFA - Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Colin Sylvia.....

Would you be interested in any Hawks for Sylvia?

Our first pick and one of the following I would be happy to give up......

Whitecross
Schoenmakers
Ladson
Ellis
Murphy

Cameron Bruce? :rolleyes:

How about Cyril??

Out of the KPP we have that aren't playing for some reason,

Steinberg, Myers(Tallish), gumbleton (talented), Darcy Daniher, Jay Neagle, Tom Bellchambers

Gumbleton couldn't kick his way out of paper bag without his leg falling off and Tullamarine is only just big enough to fit the blimp that is the HindeNeagle so you can keep them.

However would trade Bate for Hocking.

Interesting of the Footy Show last night Barrett said that the Pies are setting themselves for a play at another big name player..... Could this be our Colin...?? Would break my heart more than Scully leaving..

How about Cyril??

Gumbleton couldn't kick his way out of paper bag without his leg falling off and Tullamarine is only just big enough to fit the blimp that is the HindeNeagle so you can keep them.

However would trade Bate for Hocking.

You kidding? :D

Col is one of a handful of Dee's that like the rough stuff, no way we can lose any of these types. Moloney, Tapscott, Frawley all have to be off the table. Let's trade our soft c**ks.

Plus Ryan O'Keefe plays a role in terms of a medium size forward/midfielder that we have plenty of already. What about Jesse White? Seems to be struggling a bit with you guys this year so you might be willing to part with him?
Do you read the stuff you type? Sylvia for White? You must be joking?

You call Sylvia a star but you would consider giving him away for a gutless hack? a player who is not really a ruckman and not really a forward. You want to throw Sylvia away? and you think that I'm harsh on Sylvia.

Sydney have nothing that we want unless they throw us Reid or Hannebury at us which is clearly unlikely, they don't even have a first round pick to give us due to Tom Mitchell.

Sylvia will no doubt be GWS bound if his form doesn't improve dramatically. The club couldn't possibly be happy with his season, just read the reviews and see if they have rated any of his performances.

The club will keep Scully because they have to, better to gamble on a youngster than a player who continually lets us down.

Sylvia for O'Meara bookmark it.

Col is one of a handful of Dee's that like the rough stuff, no way we can lose any of these types. Moloney, Tapscott, Frawley all have to be off the table. Let's trade our soft c**ks.
Yeah everyone wants soft utensils in their team!

Any talk of trading Sylvia is ridiculous. The only way he will be leaving Melbourne will be if he wants out, and hopefully that is not the case. He's an absolute gun. He kicks goals, racks up possies, is tough, great overhead, aggressive... Would be an absolute gun at a stronger side like Collingwood or Carlton. Wait until we start improving as our kids get more games in them, he will start standing out more and more.

I reckon we should make him Captain and Trengove VC next year, put Green out to pasture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sylvia does wish to go then that would be a win/win for both clubs I believe. Melbourne would lose a fair bit of experience which I believe is a thing that you guys are currently lacking but get one of the very best up and coming midfielders and with the other solid young guys on your list you would be a very strong club in a few years time. GWS gain a mature aged player who at his best is one of the better players running around in the AFL and probably more then what they would get from other clubs.

Interesting of the Footy Show last night Barrett said that the Pies are setting themselves for a play at another big name player..... Could this be our Colin...?? Would break my heart more than Scully leaving..

Bernard Vince is their target- and they'll get him.

You call Sylvia a star but you would consider giving him away for a gutless hack? a player who is not really a ruckman and not really a forward. You want to throw Sylvia away? and you think that I'm harsh on Sylvia.

Sydney have nothing that we want unless they throw us Reid or Hannebury at us which is clearly unlikely, they don't even have a first round pick to give us due to Tom Mitchell.

Sylvia will no doubt be GWS bound if his form doesn't improve dramatically. The club couldn't possibly be happy with his season, just read the reviews and see if they have rated any of his performances.

The club will keep Scully because they have to, better to gamble on a youngster than a player who continually lets us down.

GIVE THIS MAN A CIGAR.:thumbsu:

Well clearly you don't read them as I never, ever said I would trade Sylvia for White. Stop following me around trying to justify why you want to get rid of Sylvia and how bad he is. It's bordering on obsessive and it's well and truly in to pathetic territory.

I merely asked if the Swans would part with him. Never said I wanted him and I never said it would be a straight swap. Sylvia is worth far more than White and I would far more than just someone like Jesse White in return for him.

The only part I agree with is the fact that the Swans only have Reid and Hannebery who would be of interest to us. It's nice to see you making some form of sense for once.

Now stop following me around with your obsession and contribute something worthwhile.

If Adelaide got a 2nd tier compo pick for Davis, I wonder whether that would interest Melbourne enough for us to get Sylvia off you guys?

No.

Give us Walker as well and you have a deal.

We aren't going to give a player capable of elite performances away for pick 19ish.
Walker and a 2nd band pick for an uncontracted player in Sylvia! :eek:

I'm not sure you understand how much the 2nd band pick is worth. This pick will be directly after your first round draft pick so if you traded that to GWS the following year they could use it right after their first pick so they would probably get picks #1 and #2. This would be some pretty good trade bait if you were trying to get O'Meara in the mini draft coming up this year if GWS were not interested in Sylvia (or a pick we could use to get Kennedy).

So I presume your theory of Sylvia for O'Meara = Sylvia to GWS and Compo pick for Sylvia back to GWS for O'Meara?

Who's to say the compo for Sylvia would be enough to land O'Meara?

There's no guarantee it would be 2 1st rounders as is being touted if Scully goes

Walker and a 2nd band pick for an uncontracted player in Sylvia! :eek:

I'm not sure you understand how much the 2nd band pick is worth. This pick will be directly after your first round draft pick so if you traded that to GWS the following year they could use it right after their first pick so they would probably get picks #1 and #2. This would be some pretty good trade bait if you were trying to get O'Meara in the mini draft coming up this year if GWS were not interested in Sylvia (or a pick we could use to get Kennedy).

If you are right, no I didn't understand.

I thought band 2 was an end of 1st round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back