Social Science UFC vs. WWE

What is more enjoyable to watch?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to like WWE until I was about 12 when I found out it was fake :mad:

Wait, are you saying George "The Animal" Steele are the turnbuckle cushioning because the script said he should do it? the heck?

Wait, are you saying George "The Animal" Steele are the turnbuckle cushioning because the script said he should do it? the heck?

It's still real to me, damnit!

Neither. Used to watch UFC when I was younger and thought blood was totally hard, innit. The sport was better too, more hand to hand combat and way more brutal, now it looks like two snakes havin a root. Seriously, seen snakes root? Looks like that.

Not to mention the idiots who seem to swarm the community who think they're the next Chuck, walking around with their tap out shirts.

If any of my mates appeared to me in a tap out shirt, I would snake root them for 15 minutes until everyone fell asleep.

Loved WWE when I was younger, but it just seemed to get worse and worse as I got older. Just won't be the same for me without some of the old wrestlers. Though there are some quality new ones around these days I must say.

I got into the UFC after watching the first season of TUF. Followed the UFC for a fairly long time but it just seems to have gotten stale lately. There just seemed to be a lot of fighters who refused to accept they were finished and thus clogged up a lot of cards which turned me off.

I'll probably begin to get back into it with the new TUF featuring Aussies and GSP about to fight again.

I've loved both equally over my short life but if I had to pick only one to watch in the future it would be the UFC.

Hulk Hogans ability to asorb any brutal contact and withstand and go into a frenzy "Hulking up as you will" is a rare ability and no Peruvian necktie nor Cattle Catch would be able to defeat it, Plus Cena's attitude ajustment is the most devistating manuvre in combat history, strange that it hasnt been tried in UFC before.

Also anyone who thinks UFC is boring has no idea, that's why they don't like it. Its Mixed Martial Arts, that's right, an Art, its not something you just wake up and can do, you work hard, train hard, and then, maybe you will be half decent at it. People think that them lying on the ground or "Snake Rooting" is boring, yet they don't realise how much skill it takes to get in/out of that position.

I much prefer pro wrestling, though I have dropped out of it in recent years. I find it easier to enjoy knowing the participants aren't actually going out of their way to hurt each other.

Oh, and I'd take TNA over WWE, though these days I prefer old wrestling DVDs over both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I much prefer pro wrestling, though I have dropped out of it in recent years. I find it easier to enjoy knowing the participants aren't actually going out of their way to hurt each other.
Another thing that people don't get. They are not out there to hurt each other (Except maybe 1 or two fighers, Diaz Brothers anyone?). Most are heavily religious people that don't want to hurt a fly and have the utmost respect for one another. They do it for the love of the sport. Obviously the money helps a bit, but the love and passion is there too.

Another thing, (s**t im replying here too much), the WWE, does not even try to class it self as a sport, it is entertainment, so different to a sitcom/movie/what ever so whats the big deal?

I still have no idea why people compare the two. It's idiotic in the extreme. It's like comparing Million Dollar Baby or the Rocky series to boxing.

Also have no idea why people demand others choose. Apple vs. Samsung, PS3 vs. Xbox, Coke vs. Pepsi, UFC vs. WWE, AFL vs. NRL. I use all brands and watch all sports I've listed.

Having to choose, I prefer WWE. I grew up with it, idolised The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, and SCSA. As a kid, I hated Chris Jericho when he was the first Undisputed Champion and Vince McMahon. Took a hiatus for awhile when all the old Attitude Era guys disappeared and it went to PG-13 (kept half an eye on things and made an effort to watch most WMs.) Got Foxtel again a couple of years back and was just transfixed by CM Punk's shoot promo and the MITB PPV. Made me feel like a kid again. Hung around because of the incoming Rock vs. Cena match at WM, which was unsatisfying, and then hung around after that because of Lesnar returning on the scene.

Have faded out again, but still catch maybe one Raw a month and download the PPVs and watch 3/4s of the matches.

As for UFC, I got involved when I heard Lesnar was going to UFC and watched all of his matches, including the Overeem match where I went to the effort to order it (never ordered a WWE PPV before). Without knowing too much about UFC, I still think Lesnar could have been one of the great fighters if he wasn't crippled by diverticulitis. He had over a foot of his colon removed and he simply couldn't handle the strikes from Overeem to his surgically repaired stomach.

I've been tossing this theory around in my head for a year or so, but I believe that wrestling is the closest thing we have to Elizabethan theatre. During Shakespeare's time the audience was encouraged to interact with the stage, calling out things, and registering their approval or disapproval with what was happening (which is where "peanut gallery" comes from). Obviously, this isn't possible with movies or TV, and the theatre is elistist and doesn't encourage it. In sport, the audience is spectating proceedings. In wrestling, the crowd is part of the action and can affect a storyline (Cena's entire Embrace The Hate feud with Kane was predicated by the crowd booing him when they were meant to cheer him). There's even an element of pantomime to it.

Classic wrestling audience involvement. Face (good guy) punches, crowd: YEAH. Heel (bad guy) punches, crowd: BOOOOO.

Those that enjoy UFC but don't like wrestling should check out Lesnar vs. Cena. Very stiff (meaning punches hit harder than usual) match that apes a UFC match and was one of the best matches I've seen. But for pure crowd involvement, hard to go past Cena vs. Punk at MITB or RVD vs. Cena at ONS.

Is this a serious question?

UFC by the length of the flemington straight. As Quivorir alluded to UFC fighters are great athletes, their reflexes are out of this world and their power and speed is outrageous. They are trained in multiple martial arts. Definatly not a boring sport at all
Im not sure why you would put UFC over WWE due to being better athletes, to say WWE preformers are not in the same ballpark as MMA fighters is kinda insulting, yeah it's fake and all however a lot of WWE wrestlers are absolute cardio freaks being 100+ kilos

Im not sure why you would put UFC over WWE due to being better athletes, to say WWE preformers are not in the same ballpark as MMA fighters is kinda insulting, yeah it's fake and all however a lot of WWE wrestlers are absolute cardio freaks being 100+ kilos

Scripted. :D

Oh you Wrestling Marks.
Not a mark, I follow wrestling online, backstage stuff, hardly watch it anymore, it just saddens me when people call it fake. Most wrestlers these day, take real punches. The mat isnt exactly soft and the ropes hurt like s**t. Also, you cant fake the injuries these guys get. They deserve a lot more respect than they are given from non pro wrestling people.

Back