Social Science UFC vs. WWE

What is more enjoyable to watch?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was disappointed when the WWF changed it's name just to appease a bunch of animal loving hippies. Of course real world circumstances dictated they needed to but it wasn't in the spirit of the WWF 'universe'.

I loved it in the late 90's/early 2000's around the time of The Rock/Stone Cold Steve Austin/Triple H/Test/Chris Jericho etc (those are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head).

I remember when that happened and I was sitting there for an entire hour trying to work out why it was being referred to as WWE. I'm positive that I didn't miss an episode, it was just that Cole never explained it. When JR was back on commentary (he must have been off for a bit) he finally explained the lawsuit. It was so confusing for a week or so there. That, or my stupid 12 year old brain couldn't keep up. While it sucked, there was a fun little "Get The F Out" campaign and shirt which was mostly run by the ECW guys at the time.

I think that WWE and WWF have come to an agreement and WWE no longer have to blur out every damn WWF logo shot from the Attitude Era. The blurring was just ridiculous as in the Attitude Era the ring apron, the ref shirts, the titantron, the entrance way, even the cameramen had massive WWF scratch logos on them.

MMA is real. UFC is the most popular and well-known MMA organisation but a couple of others are right up there in talent. I've followed MMA since about 2005 and really enjoy all the events from Bellator, Strikeforce, UFC, and the smaller organisations.

Only fought in the UFC 3 times. One was against GSP and I thought he was reasonable. There's no shame in losing to that bloke. Definitely disappointing against Bisping & Dollaway but by then he was well passed his best.

Only fought in the UFC 3 times. One was against GSP and I thought he was reasonable. There's no shame in losing to that bloke. Definitely disappointing against Bisping & Dollaway but by then he was well passed his best.
He's still only 31 years old. The guy was just never that good.
dtipIconHover.png

Was a mad wrestling fan in the wwf days. It has no interest to me today though. Consider myself a decent mma fan, have been watching for a good 5+years now.

Started watching WWF in the mid 90s, but did drop out of it every so often.... still watch it out of habit... guys like Seth Rollins, Ambrose, Brock Lesnar, Sting, HHH, Rock and Taker make it still watchable.

I would so buy DVD box sets of RAWs, SDs and PPVs from WM14-WM17.
WWE would make a killing even if they sold each one for for a few hundred bucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone that complains about wrestling being fake has no right to talk about how good shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire , Game of Thrones etc are.

Fake is fake.

Id prefer to watch WWE/NXT and get a solid 20 minutes of story telling/theatre in the main event over Rhonda Rousey (as awesome as she is) squashing a bug in 30 seconds on a $55 PPV.

Started watching WWF in the mid 90s, but did drop out of it every so often.... still watch it out of habit... guys like Seth Rollins, Ambrose, Brock Lesnar, Sting, HHH, Rock and Taker make it still watchable.

I would so buy DVD box sets of RAWs, SDs and PPVs from WM14-WM17.
WWE would make a killing even if they sold each one for for a few hundred bucks.

The glory days before Foxtel's mega WWE deal - getting tapes of the shows every week!!

It's funny how we (or I certainly do) complain about the "filler" crap that they do today in the 3 hour shows. But there was plenty of filler crap in the attitude era as well, but it was more awesome than crap lol.

I follow WWE from a far. Might have a look at the results or highlights if I remember.

I can't watch UFC though, I just can't see entertainment in two people beating the s**t out of each other. Not for me.

Used to be right into wwe, used to watch it with my mates from school, stone cold, the rock two of the best ever and Nwo was pretty cool too, used to always do a macho man impression that got laughs.

Don't watch it much now though, I've got Foxtel so might catch bits here and there from time to time but I can't actually sit down and watch the matches etc. seems a lot shitter to when I used to watch it when I was younger.

Don't mind ufc just hate the rolling around on the ground stuff would much prefer them to standup but don't take much interest in that either, will watch if there's a big match on like McGregor v Diaz etc. but that's pretty much it

WWE in the glory days of The Rock and Stone Cold craps all over anything the UFC could hope to produce, god it used to be so great. I don't watch wrestling anymore but whenever I catch it for a few minutes flipping through channels it seems to have completely gone down the drain. The brave new PC world killed it

Not sure how you can even compare them and I'm not sure how any grown man could prefer watching play fighting over actual fighting.
So I guess you've never watched James Bond/The Avengers/Batman/any action movie?

Back