Underrated Beatles songs

Remove this Banner Ad

There are way more overrated Beatles songs than underrated ones..like ffs some people would have you believe Obla-di-Obla-da is a masterpiece :eek:

There are way more overrated Beatles songs than underrated ones..like ffs some people would have you believe Obla-di-Obla-da is a masterpiece :eek:

Not a masterpiece but a fun pop song. Beatles did a lot of novelty songs and kids songs. They werent afraid to mix it up and have a it of fun. Its part of their appeal that they didnt always take themselves too seriously.

All Together Now is a very underrated Beatles novelty song.

Wild Honey Pie is pretty underrated ;)

I wish I could find a YouTube video of Paul performing this song live.

[IMHO]
5728272293_eaf46701844f4c07e2412ca0c8fdd623_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

There's nice little piano interludes in Your Mother Should Know. The compression effect on it sounds awesome, vintage as.
Same goes for the interlude in Birthday, that answering piano that's got some effect on it.

Hey Jude ......... Nah, there's so many to choose from

I'm Only Sleeping
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I Know Your Name (Look Up the Number)
I Want You (She's so Heavy)
Dear Prudence
Oh Darling
Sexy Sadie
Rocky Raccoon
Julia
I'm so Tired

But the best of the lot, perhaps not underrated, but certainly underappreciated IMO:

Hey Jude ......... Nah, there's so many to choose from

I'm Only Sleeping
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I Know Your Name (Look Up the Number)
I Want You (She's so Heavy)
Dear Prudence
Oh Darling
Sexy Sadie
Rocky Raccoon
Julia
I'm so Tired

But the best of the lot, perhaps not underrated, but certainly underappreciated IMO:

[Because]

Would agree with Julia - love that one

Most of the white album, inc Wild Honey Pie but exc Revloution 9

Carry That Weight. As part of the Abbey Road medley it gets a bit lost in with the other three, but it's a lovely little song. Would've liked to have it as a full song. But then, Golden Slumbers and The End are worthy of similar treatment.

Even though it's obviously bits of things they had left over tacked together it has always felt like one song to me.

The guitar solos at the end where Paul, John and George all took turns (I think?) were a brilliant idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carry That Weight. As part of the Abbey Road medley it gets a bit lost in with the other three, but it's a lovely little song. Would've liked to have it as a full song. But then, Golden Slumbers and The End are worthy of similar treatment.
I was just going to post this medley as being fantastic writing that is very under-rated. I listened to just a little while ago after many years layoff and was blown away by the compositional mastery. Brilliant.

I'm Down - Paul as an un-reconstituted rocker. Simple song with driving beat and infectious chorus - actually the song is just about all chorus.

Oh Darling. My Fave Beatles Song

Hide your love away my fave Lennon Song

Its only Love

For No One as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back