Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

rodney malcolm hogg today blasted callers who complained about their schedules being thrown out of whack due to movement of test dates. he said those people are living in their own bubble of selfishness.

i can see both sides.

unpopular opinion held by at least 1 person - people are clambering over each other to big note themselves via way of social media - tweeting words of grief, updating status asking why God didn't take their own life away instead of Phil.... i know everyone has their own way of dealing with this shocking event. but there are those who seek to profit from this, and it disgusts me to my very core.

What the *.

That's the kind of response to a death that would only be understandable for parents/grandparents/lovers etc.

He's erratic. But he's got some toe.

Has clocked 153km/h before. Was meant to tour last time India was here, but injured his back.

Between Aaron, Yadav, Shami, Kumar, Mohit, Kulkarni, and an improved Ishant, India looks like they've got some decent young pace bowlers to choose from.

the big bash uniforms (shirts) are crap. lack of collar screams lack of class. the V neck and designs in general are Vic Market-esque.
Totally agree. Not sure that is even that unpopular.

Same with the One Day team wearing green now. Just stupid to wear green when several countries were already doing so. The series against South Africa looked stupid, they may as well just have worn the whites

the big bash uniforms (shirts) are crap. lack of collar screams lack of class. the V neck and designs in general are Vic Market-esque.

The big bash in general in terms of cricket is pretty rubbish, especially the in game 'entertainment' people are subjected to when attending the game live. I've found it to work best watching it prime time on TV and watching it purely for entertainment.

rodney malcolm hogg today blasted callers who complained about their schedules being thrown out of whack due to movement of test dates. he said those people are living in their own bubble of selfishness.

i can see both sides.

unpopular opinion held by at least 1 person - people are clambering over each other to big note themselves via way of social media - tweeting words of grief, updating status asking why God didn't take their own life away instead of Phil.... i know everyone has their own way of dealing with this shocking event. but there are those who seek to profit from this, and it disgusts me to my very core.

The thing with the rescheduling is, why reschedule three tests? If they hocked the Brisbane test on after Sydney, they probably have to move a couple of BBL games max.

The thing with the rescheduling is, why reschedule three tests? If they hocked the Brisbane test on after Sydney, they probably have to move a couple of BBL games max.

Because of the one dayers.

And India and England don't want their one dayers disrupted when they're using them as practice for the world cup?

Just saying but the BCCI and the ECB are pretty important stakeholders in the scheduling

Lol this surely doesn't belong in the 'Unpopular cricket opinions' thread.

The big bash in general in terms of cricket is pretty rubbish, especially the in game 'entertainment' people are subjected to when attending the game live. I've found it to work best watching it prime time on TV and watching it purely for entertainment.

I don't get why there's a need for "in-game entertainment". Shouldn't the entertainment be the cricket match itself? Isn't that what people are going there to see?

I don't get why there's a need for "in-game entertainment". Shouldn't the entertainment be the cricket match itself? Isn't that what people are going there to see?

try and cater for the people not-turning up and dont give a crap about those who do turn up.

All they want is more fans turning up so they try and make it more 'entertaining' for those who dont like cricket. the flipside is it annoys all normal cricket fans as the music/dancing is annoying. most just want to watch cricket and be able to talk to each other.

Football is the same with music/ads durig the breaks, so loud you cant hear each other.

try and cater for the people not-turning up and dont give a crap about those who do turn up.

All they want is more fans turning up so they try and make it more 'entertaining' for those who dont like cricket. the flipside is it annoys all normal cricket fans as the music/dancing is annoying. most just want to watch cricket and be able to talk to each other.

Football is the same with music/ads durig the breaks, so loud you cant hear each other.

I don't mind a bit of music (I think they started having players pick an "entrance song" for themselves in ODIs about 10-15 years ago), but the cheerleaders and fireworks/fire things on the sidelines are a bit unnecessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All they want is more fans turning up so they try and make it more 'entertaining' for those who dont like cricket. the flipside is it annoys all normal cricket
fans as the music/dancing is annoying. most just want to watch cricket and be able to talk to each other.
Football is the same with music/ads durig the breaks, so loud you cant hear
each other.

Is it any different to the people that only go to the cricket if they can drink?
The bars are always packed during the boxing day test with most of people not
even watching the tv's. A lot of people go to live sport for several reasons other than just the game on the field.

Couldn't agree more, it's horrible. Just another example of trying to americanise everything. It's ridiculous how out of touch the people administrate cricket can be with the punters.

Despite being shocked and deeply saddened by the death of Phil Hughes I won't be watching his funeral. It doesn't seem right to me as I didn't know him personally.

mate of mine decided to tell all and sundry that he met phil hughes once.

facepalm.gif

Despite being shocked and deeply saddened by the death of Phil Hughes I won't be watching his funeral. It doesn't seem right to me as I didn't know him personally.

One of a few reasons I won't be watching. I just don't really want to watch so many people crying. It is going to be tough viewing.

I'm with you on this one. Plus the media are going to dramatise it even more.

One of a few reasons I won't be watching. I just don't really want to watch so many people crying. It is going to be tough viewing.

Yes, it would be upsetting to watch I agree, and at the same time I would feel a bit voyeuristic doing so. I will read reports about it afterwards and I'm sure those near and dear to him will give him a fitting send off but it's not something I would feel comfortable watching.

Last edited:
ok immagonnasayit

clarke is hogging the limelight

hong-kong-protests-umbrella-revolution1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back